Strike?

Old Oct 27, 2018, 12:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Strike?

Just saw out CPH-BRU flight tomorrow is cancelled. Phone agent says there is a strike. Anyone else hear anything similar?

Last edited by livious; Oct 27, 2018 at 12:36 pm
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:11 pm

Aviapartner staff striking at BRU — this caused several delays and cancellations yesterday (I was also affected even though kudos to SAS for the way they handled my ‘disrupted routing’ and for getting me to Warsaw on time). That said, I thought industrial actions had come to an end but I haven’t caught up with the latest and it could be that things are yet to settle, reason why airlines may be proactively adjusting their schedules.

G
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the fast response. I guess that means no EU comp to cover the lost hotel night. At least we could get a flight the next day and won't miss much of our holidays.
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:35 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Originally Posted by livious
Thanks for the fast response. I guess that means no EU comp to cover the lost hotel night. At least we could get a flight the next day and won't miss much of our holidays.
I think SAS will cover your hotel, but no EU261 compensation.

Strikes in transport should be forbidden, only work because they take disproportionate amount of people hostage......
Old Oct 27, 2018, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by tgj1974
Strikes in transport should be forbidden, only work because they take disproportionate amount of people hostage
^

G
Old Oct 27, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, IHG Gold, Diners
I have a colleague ”mildly frustrated” over this. His ARN-BRU was cancelled on Friday. He eventually came via AMS and train. Needless to say, train was India-full.

He got today a message that his BRU-ARN tomorrow was cancelled, and he had been rebooked to a flight Monday evening (so 30+h later!). He got a new booking from AMS, but now all good trains are full...

Stupid thing is that SN sells tickets to BMA for tomorrow, but nobody (SAS not corporate TA) offered him that, and I heard about all these issues too late.

He is EBG with Plus ticket. He kinda expected more info and better support both from TA and SAS. Now he /we have had to figure out everything ourselves.

Good thing I fly AY. Different grounf handling agent.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:01 am

Programs: SAS Gold, Hilton Diamond, OWS
Originally Posted by tgj1974
I think SAS will cover your hotel, but no EU261 compensation.

Strikes in transport should be forbidden, only work because they take disproportionate amount of people hostage......
I think the OP means lost hotel night at the destination. Duty of care does not cover lost hotel nights but only provides a hotel for the night at the place of departure. I wouldn’t expect SAS to cover anything not required.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 4:50 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by niksal
I have a colleague ”mildly frustrated” over this. His ARN-BRU was cancelled on Friday. He eventually came via AMS and train. Needless to say, train was India-full.

He got today a message that his BRU-ARN tomorrow was cancelled, and he had been rebooked to a flight Monday evening (so 30+h later!). He got a new booking from AMS, but now all good trains are full...

Stupid thing is that SN sells tickets to BMA for tomorrow, but nobody (SAS not corporate TA) offered him that, and I heard about all these issues too late.

He is EBG with Plus ticket. He kinda expected more info and better support both from TA and SAS. Now he /we have had to figure out everything ourselves.

Good thing I fly AY. Different grounf handling agent.
SAS support at outstations, even major ones such as AMS or BRU is horrible and typically it is impossible to get local support and the Diamond line just doesn't care about passengers. The solution is really to not fly SAS, I use the SN flights from BMA all the time and SN has never let me down.
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 10:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
SAS support at outstations, even major ones such as AMS or BRU is horrible and typically it is impossible to get local support and the Diamond line just doesn't care about passengers. The solution is really to not fly SAS, I use the SN flights from BMA all the time and SN has never let me down.
I can't comment on local support at AMS or BRU, but must admit that we were able to rebook within 15 minutes after receiving the notification from SAS. No complaints on how SAS handled the situation despite us losing a paid hotel night. I wholeheartedly agree with how SN has handled support and IRROPS and will be using them in February. Now that SAS is trying to devalue Eurobonus to reduce elites, it is nice to recall that there are plenty of other options. At this point it would not take more than a status match to get me to flip to another FFP.
Old Oct 28, 2018, 2:16 pm
Original Poster

Lovely stuff. Cancelled again at 21:00 by an automated text, talked to the same agent as last night and rebooked....this time on SN. Oddly enough, tomorrow's 11:50 SK flight to BRU is cancelled but the 11:50 SN flight is expected to fly...so at least nothing seems to have changed in our planning other than the airline. I am curious to know how many flights have started up again and why SAS is still cancelling, but will not hold my breath until tomorrow morning.

October has been an unpleasant month for SAS and my relationship. Aside from the decreased earning and apparent changes to my AMEX, they managed to botch out Christmas booking on TG and now two cancellations for our höstlov trip. Just too much drama for me and I sincerely hope to make it through the year without more problems. We have nothing booked on SK next year and it looks to remain that way if things continue in this manner.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.