Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Points registration

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 4:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD (*G) & Delta Gold Medallion (STE+)
Points registration

Hi

I値l become EBG on Monday evening and early Thursday morning I have more SK flights.
I知 flying from Denmark to Sweden and back.

Is is there any way that I can ensure (or enhance chances) that the points/segments are registered in time? Based on recent experience I have to be pretty lucky and manual retro reg is not possible so early I assume.

I have emailed ebreteo with the same question but I doubt they will even get to my mail before the flights.

Any help would be appreciated :-)
Old May 24, 2018, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Old May 24, 2018, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Wait and see what happens. No methods to speed it up.
Old May 25, 2018, 1:59 am

Chances are that both points & segments will post before your flight Thursday morning however it is unlikely that status will reflect accordingly at that stage. In short, even if SAS customer services will be able to credit points straight after your flight Monday evening (which I strongly doubt to start with), I don't think they can manually push status through before Thursday. In any case, let us know how it goes.

G
Old May 25, 2018, 2:07 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Chances are that both points & segments will post before your flight Thursday morning however it is unlikely that status will reflect accordingly at that stage. In short, even if SAS customer services will be able to credit points straight after your flight Monday evening (which I strongly doubt to start with), I don't think they can manually push status through before Thursday. In any case, let us know how it goes.

G
Oh, ok, that痴 a little disappointing as I had hoped the status would change automatically when reaching 45 segments.

Thanks both for your answers and I値l make sure to let you know how it goes.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Back in the days I had no luck in getting my points being processed earlier. Well, that is a one-time annoyance. But at least my experience is that status changed when the thresholds (points in my case) were crossed.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jainzar
Back in the days I had no luck in getting my points being processed earlier. Well, that is a one-time annoyance. But at least my experience is that status changed when the thresholds (points in my case) were crossed.
It is but I am flying out of LHR Thursday and it would be very helpful to have fast track. Also I have a fairly long connection in CPH after the Priority Pass lounges are closed.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Points are posting fast at present. At least my two SK-flights Tuesday appeared Wednesday.

I strongly believe that your status will change immediately in the app/website. So your odds are good IMHO.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Jainzar
at least my experience is that status changed when the thresholds (points in my case) were crossed.
I remember having to wait for nearly a week between EBS & EBG (which was annoying to say the least as I wanted to make the most of lounge, fast track etc.) whereas EBD showed a couple of days after the 90th flight showed up amongst my transactions. For the records, other airlines (at least those I have experience with i.e. LO/AF-KL/AZ) follow the same pattern in the sense that status is not updated straight away, I remember hitting Platinum with Flying Blue and, even though my profile was correctly showing the new status, this was not feeding through whenever I made a new booking. Again, merely a data point but I hope that @SASegments will have more luck and congratulations by the way for reaching EBG

G
Old May 25, 2018, 2:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
congratulations by the way for reaching EBG

G
Thanks a lot. My first time as EBG so now I知 going for lifetime Gold :-)
Old May 25, 2018, 2:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by SASegments

Thanks a lot. My first time as EBG so now I知 going for lifetime Gold :-)
​​​​​​
Happy flying for the next 10 year.
Old May 25, 2018, 11:16 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
For lounge, I guess you can just show your status in the app. For fast track in LHR, I am more sceptical.
Old May 30, 2018, 12:21 am
Original Poster

So here is the update.

I e-mailed EBretro but did not get any answer. I also tried customer service but they could not do anything (phone and chat).

Turned out however that the points registered Tuesday evening (so between 24 and 26 hours after the last of the four flights). Status in app and online was changed to Gold immediately. I have checked in for the flights tomorrow and the boarding passes are in Group A so all is good for fast track and lounge.

Thanks for your input again.
Old May 30, 2018, 5:12 am

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by SASegments
So here is the update.

I e-mailed EBretro but did not get any answer. I also tried customer service but they could not do anything (phone and chat).

Turned out however that the points registered Tuesday evening (so between 24 and 26 hours after the last of the four flights). Status in app and online was changed to Gold immediately. I have checked in for the flights tomorrow and the boarding passes are in Group A so all is good for fast track and lounge.

Thanks for your input again.
Thanks for update.

And good to know, that status changes immediately. It did when my wife went from Gold to Diamond last year. I don't see any (good) reason that it shoudn't - but of course with SAS IT ....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.