Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS hopes to begin CPH-HND, ARN-NRT by 2020

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS hopes to begin CPH-HND, ARN-NRT by 2020

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 11:02 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SK2751
I do not know what is the required crew rest time, but 9h sounds like another useful amount of hours from that perspective. Couldn't it be that they can return with the same crew?
When it comes to most of the 6+ hour flights where Ive flown out only to fly back on the first flight out on the same plane/airline, it mostly hasnt involved the same crew working the return flight too. But its been a long time since Ive done this with SAS to Asia.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: More than one
Originally Posted by SK2751
I do not know what is the required crew rest time, but 9h sounds like another useful amount of hours from that perspective. Couldn't it be that they can return with the same crew?
I actually asked that question recently. The minimum rest time is 11 hours. My understanding was the 11 hours is counted from when they finish the debrief after the flight, till they start the briefing for their next flight.

The 9 hours layover was introduced some time ago to be able to do a night flight back to Europa. I think there were a discussion about it here when it was introduced and most people praise the change from the early afternoon return flight to the night return flight.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 4:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by aznhandles
CPH-HND 14:05 - 07:55+1.
HND-CPH 11:50 - 16:10

Are the presumed slots.

This is fairly quite good imo.
The flights have now been loaded to the system and are bookable with the A350 as the operating plane. These did end up being the departure and arrival times. I am glad they somehow got an improvement on the initial timings they were offered.

Good news for all.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 5:02 am
Suspended

So they got their optimal schedule, as keeping the planes for way more hours at HND otherwise was going to come at an expense. And SK likes to go cheap nowadays.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by GUWonder
So they got their optimal schedule, as keeping the planes for way more hours at HND otherwise was going to come at an expense. And SK likes to go cheap nowadays.
It does increase the time on ground compared to the Narita flight.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 7:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
It does increase the time on ground compared to the Narita flight.
Up from c. 110 minutes.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:15 am

So why are SK still keeping the bird on the ground for almost 9 hours at HKG? They didn't do this until about a year ago or so, and as far as I understand they had to get permission from the HKG airport to do this.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by highupinthesky
So why are SK still keeping the bird on the ground for almost 9 hours at HKG? They didn't do this until about a year ago or so, and as far as I understand they had to get permission from the HKG airport to do this.
Most flight ex-HKG to Europe are redeye flights and as far as I know they tow the plane away from the arrival gate and to place somewhere away from the terminal and then tow the plane to the departure gate. I asked my sis about this a long time ago (she works at HKIA).

I guess redeyes are more popular to travel to Europe - I think the only day flights are left are those to LHR and AY.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:47 am
Suspended

Having a high-priced big bird grounded for long times far away from the nest is done on the expectation by the airline that it's worth the airline's money to do so, perhaps because otherwise the big customer money goes to the alternative service providers and/or that there was no better alternative use/plan for it from the airline.
Old Dec 15, 2019, 10:51 am

Having a high-priced big bird grounded for long times far away from the nest is done on the expectation by the airline that it's worth the airline's money to do so, perhaps because otherwise the big customer money goes to the alternative service providers and/or that there was no better alternative use/plan for it from the airline.
So it has nothing to do with SK going cheap, but rather focusing on where the profit are?
Old Dec 15, 2019, 11:08 am
Suspended

So it has nothing to do with SK going cheap, but rather focusing on where the profit are?
Going cheap and focusing on profits is not mutually exclusive in this business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.