Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

UA domestic flight registers as extra points only?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)

Just got credit for my first UA flight in a loong time. It was a Y flight, sold on an 080 stock by a non-online TA. The fare basis was K1KWINK (I guess an LO fare) so from that I guess the booking class was K, but probably this does not speak much for the UA segment. Even though the flight seems to be booked under the UA flight number I can't figure out what the booking class was.

Now interestingly, the flight only registered as extra points (and zero basic points). According to the table this should never be the case for UA flights? (https://www.flysas.com/en/eurobonus/...rlines/united/) All earning classes seem to be earning basic points as well? Anybody has seen this?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:59 am

Was is operated by some local airline behalf of UA? Or be UA mainline or the bigger integrated partner airlines, e.g. UA Express?
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
I have sometimes had a gap between the extra points and the basis points posting. Not a full day though. It has been a while, so I can't remember which one showed first.

Call EB member service, should be an easy fix.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 5:40 am
Original Poster

OK. Will try to call. The flight was operated by the mainline (not by UA Express, etc)
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Update: In the end the extra points magically converted themselves to basic points after ca. 3 days of the original credit, before I managed to call.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.