Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

A320 (non-neo) Bulkhead Leg Room

Old Oct 8, 17, 10:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat., MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis First, Nat'l Exec.

I've searched around for reviews or comments and other than a single comment on SeatGuru that the bulkhead seats (row 1) on the A320 (non-neo) have "no room", I wasn't able to find anything else discussing the bulkhead seats on that aircraft. I'll be flying from CPH to DUB and SAS Plus Saver was a mere $21 more than the Go fare ($11 more if count the $10 I would have paid to book the exit row seat ahead of time) so I opted for the Plus instead even though I'm now limited to rows 1-7. In light of that, can anyone confirm what the bulkhead seats are like on the SK A320s? I'm a tall guy (6'5"), so leg room is a huge factor for me on flights and I may just roll the dice on another seat in the cabin if the bulkhead is pretty cramped. I know the bulkhead seats will be narrower due to the tray table in the armrest and that doesn't concern me any. Any insights are greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 8, 17, 10:50 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles Diamond, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
I'm 6'5"+ and have never experienced any issues with legroom on the A320s. Unlike the 737s which are a total hit and miss.
Old Oct 8, 17, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat., MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis First, Nat'l Exec.
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
I'm 6'5"+ and have never experienced any issues with legroom on the A320s. Unlike the 737s which are a total hit and miss.
Would you recommend taking a regular seat over the bulkhead seat legroom wise?
Old Oct 8, 17, 11:10 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles Diamond, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
I've only ever flown bulkhead, should have specified that.
Old Oct 8, 17, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose View Post
I've only ever flown bulkhead, should have specified that.
Ahh, perfect then. Much appreciated for the insights!
Old Oct 8, 17, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by aves17 View Post
Ahh, perfect then. Much appreciated for the insights!
I've flown all over those planes. All seats are perfectly comfortable for me, although I'm only 6'2".
Old Oct 8, 17, 10:34 pm

Programs: JAL Diamond, SAS Eurobonus Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold
Just selected seats for a flight with an A320, SK flags row 1 as extra leg room seats.
Old Oct 9, 17, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
Just selected seats for a flight with an A320, SK flags row 1 as extra leg room seats.
American does the same with some of their bulkhead seats and those seats have noticeably less legroom than non-bulkhead seats. It also looks like the bulkhead row on the A320-neo's has extra leg room, but I'm scheduled to be on a non-neo 320. If you end up on the non-neo, let me know your thoughts!
Old Oct 9, 17, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer View Post
I'm trying to do the same for me and my girlfriend. SK's website only lets me pick the first 4 rows. Are all of the Row 1 seats about the same, or are some better than others? I currently have 1D/E selected, but all of the seats in the first 4 rows are open.

It's unclear to me from reading this thread whether the Row 1 bulkhead seats in SK A320 has more leg room than the non-bulkhead seats?
Old Oct 10, 17, 2:55 am

Programs: TK Elite, HH G
Come on, you are on 1 hour flight to AMS! Whether you are seated in front row and whether front row seats have a bit more legroom is really not worth the fuss. Any seat in SAS Plus will do/will be fine.

You should select a window and aile seat and hope that the middle seat will not be occupied. I would prefer to have an empty middle seat rather than a to be seated in a bulkhead seat anyday.

With SAS it is really difficult to predict whether bulkhead seats will be a good choice or not. I got burned so many times on the B737 so I have given up.
Old Oct 10, 17, 9:08 am

Originally Posted by SK AAR View Post
Come on, you are on 1 hour flight to AMS! Whether you are seated in front row and whether front row seats have a bit more legroom is really not worth the fuss. Any seat in SAS Plus will do/will be fine.

You should select a window and aile seat and hope that the middle seat will not be occupied. I would prefer to have an empty middle seat rather than a to be seated in a bulkhead seat anyday.

With SAS it is really difficult to predict whether bulkhead seats will be a good choice or not. I got burned so many times on the B737 so I have given up.
1.5 hours, but I understand your point OK, I think I will try for window and aisle seats then.