FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   New Shorthaul catering (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1844317-new-shorthaul-catering.html)

AStarr Aug 17, 2017 3:28 am

Originally Posted by entraider (Post 28696727)
That's what I miss the most with the new design. You could always rely on getting a nice warm bred roll.
But no not anymore...

Oh some news! The tomato/carraway muffin bar is actually edible! I found one yay

FlyingMoose Aug 17, 2017 11:59 am

Originally Posted by Dipsas (Post 28697264)
Had someone next to me the other day who looked literally sickened by the odd muffin bake... Mind you, I made the mistake of coming back to CPH on in BA Club Europe yesterday, and found myself longing for my SAS cube as I was despairing over three rubbery slices of chicken and a lonely cherry tomato. There was no coffee, and certainly no hand made pralines.

BA's new concept for the LHR-ARN route is 10x better than the SK cube insult.

Flying SK is going to be (is) a valuable weight loss strategy.

SK2751 Aug 24, 2017 1:27 am

Tried my first 2 cubes this week. The bread box (whatever that is) is almost inedible. I am now thinking no to the blue box. The bigger of the cubes is actually quite nice. Presentation-wise it is an improvement. Yesterday's salmon salad was also a *lot* better than the food in the CPH lounge. Last year, I preferred to chew on something in the lounge, and then just have a drink on board, but this may change now. It helps a bit that I find the food in CPH worse and worse.

AStarr Aug 30, 2017 4:41 am

Originally Posted by SK2751 (Post 28728954)
Tried my first 2 cubes this week. The bread box (whatever that is) is almost inedible. I am now thinking no to the blue box. The bigger of the cubes is actually quite nice. Presentation-wise it is an improvement. Yesterday's salmon salad was also a *lot* better than the food in the CPH lounge. Last year, I preferred to chew on something in the lounge, and then just have a drink on board, but this may change now. It helps a bit that I find the food in CPH worse and worse.

I have a tendency of going into spoiled brat mode at CPH and getting food at Caviar House and skipping the lounge. Depends on my mood though.

klmml Aug 30, 2017 3:54 pm

I've given up eating any of the cube food or the muffins. It's just too much hassle, and too disappointing. Even the "product has been deep-frozen and then defrosted, shelf life five days" Polarrulle tastes better.

FlyingMoose Sep 1, 2017 8:11 am

I wonder if SK FA's are reporting back how many of the cubes are thrown away with none of the contents eaten? On both my flights this week, everyone was given a cube (as you're not asked and just given one), it was opened, the contents reviewed and then left untouched. The person in the same row as me asked the FA if there was a normal option for the warm roll just to be disappointed to hear that they are exclusively vegetarian, he was hoping to be able to eat at least that. Few people got cookies and chocolate instead but most past on the sugar rich alternatives and where left disappointed.

I keep wondering why SK still bothers with Plus. Same seat as coach, broken priority boarding, the food is inedible, the 'free' drink doesn't outweigh the fare difference from coach and you're really just left with increased EB earnings.

The current food concept is just extremely wasteful.

jensha Sep 15, 2017 8:19 am

AA

I can't comment directly on this thread but I will say that on AA I would rather have the Snack Box they sell in coach than some of the nasty salads they have been serving lately as the non-vegetarian option because it comes with a side of chicken or shrimp. I will ask for this if I forgot to pre-order and the other choice, usually a vegetarian pasta, is not available.