Wiki Posts
Search

Question about lost luggage

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2017, 2:21 am
bt2
Original Poster

Question about lost luggage

I have a question about lost luggage, and I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere else, not even from SAS themselves.

Our suitcase went missing during a journey from LHR to OSL. We're due to fly back in a few days. SAS say they'll reimburse reasonable necessary expenses while our bag is AWOL, but I was wondering, does that include a new suitcase? We don't have any other bags with us, so a cheap replacement suitase certainly feels like a necessity right now.

Thanks in advance, if anyone knows the answer!
Old May 15, 2017, 5:10 am

Originally Posted by bt2
I have a question about lost luggage, and I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere else, not even from SAS themselves.

Our suitcase went missing during a journey from LHR to OSL. We're due to fly back in a few days. SAS say they'll reimburse reasonable necessary expenses while our bag is AWOL, but I was wondering, does that include a new suitcase? We don't have any other bags with us, so a cheap replacement suitase certainly feels like a necessity right now.

Thanks in advance, if anyone knows the answer!
Your travel insurrance would normally cover this. Regardless you need the suitcase. Had one instance with KLM some years ago - luggage went missing at ORD - upon my return 3 days later I got it at check-in. But of course I had bought clothes and a new roller way before this. Claimed it all on insurance - no issues.
Old May 15, 2017, 5:35 am

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond
I also had a luggage delay one and a half year ago with SAS in Beijing. I remember they had been generous with the reimbursement and it also went quite fast to get the money transferred to my account. Just keep the receipts and document what you bought and why you needed it.

In my case it was not a whole suitcase, but I had to buy business clothes (trousers, jacket, shirt) for my meetings and it was close to 250 € in total. I had no issue in getting it 100% reimbursed.
Old May 15, 2017, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
If you keep the costs at a reasonable level, I'm confident that SK will reimburse the costs. Of course, you can't expected to be reimbursed for a brand new Rimowa suitcase or Louis Vuitton bag but a cheap replacement suitcase shouldn't cause any issues.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.