Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Connecting at OSL... ABZ to OSL to LHR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP

I am thinking of doing this with two tickets...

ABZ (Aberdeen) to OSL on one.
Then OSL-LHR-YVR on another.

Some questions :
1) Will SK through check the bags from ABZ? ABZ-OSL is on SK, and OSL-LHR also on SK, LHR-YVR not *A but on one ticket (from OSL)
2) Will I have to go through OSL immigration since its an outside Schengen arrival and departure?

Thx

Last edited by Guy Betsy; Mar 23, 2017 at 7:48 am
Old Mar 23, 2017, 2:40 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
I do not know about point 1.
For point 2 no you will not have to. There is a non-Schengen to non-Schengen connection route, although it is not easy to find if you do not know it. Explanation in this post:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24428495-post302.html

BA flights arrive at the non-Schengen end of the international pier. From here you'll need to clear two immigration checks: the first shortly after you disembark and the second to get back into the non-Schengen departures area.

For the first immigration check, you should ideally head for the desk marked 'international transfers', which is to the left of the arrivals immigration hall. The only advantage of using this desk is there's usually no queue.

NB The international transfers desk isn't always open, leaving you with two options. The first is to ring the bell at the police office at the back of the main immigration hall and ask if they could open the desk. The second is to join the main immigration hall and be prepared to queue-jump if your arrival co-incides with a long haul arrival.

However, once through the first immigration point you're filtered back into the arrivals corridor which everyone else uses (i.e. it's not a non-Schengen to non-Schengen path). About halfway down this corridor, look out for a door to your left marked 'Transfers'. Here you'll re-clear security. It's then down a staircase into the non-Schengen departures area and a (recommended) brisk walk to the far end where you'll re-clear non-Schengen immigration.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.