Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lounge Options Washington (IAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Lounge Options Washington (IAD)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2023, 8:47 pm

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
SAS Plus says lounge access in some airports. I assume that is SK lounges only so not IAD. Any experiences?
Old Aug 21, 2023, 12:44 am

Originally Posted by fwfdan
SAS Plus says lounge access in some airports. I assume that is SK lounges only so not IAD. Any experiences?
SAS Plus longhaul only gives access to SAS lounges, so you are out of luck at IAD if you do not have a Star Gold card. Chicago and Newark are the only SAS lounges in the longhaul network.

Note for short haul SAS Plus gives lounge access at all Star alliance lounges (e.g. Lufthansa) but no contracted lounges (3rd party).
fwfdan and nacho like this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 11:52 am

Programs: IHG Rewards Platinum, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, UA/DL/AA Back of the plane...
Originally Posted by view
SAS Plus longhaul only gives access to SAS lounges, so you are out of luck at IAD if you do not have a Star Gold card. Chicago and Newark are the only SAS lounges in the longhaul network.

Note for short haul SAS Plus gives lounge access at all Star alliance lounges (e.g. Lufthansa) but no contracted lounges (3rd party).
Thanks. We have Priority Pass so it is not an issue for us, but I thought it was not quite clear that it was only SK lounges long-haul but the confirmation did show say "lounge access" on the CPH departures but not IAD one. That being said I didn't really search for the answer before I bought the ticket.
Old Sep 6, 2023, 3:41 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
I flew IAD-CPH the other day. I did not have time to go to UA Polaris so used the TK Lounge.

There was a huge line (like 30 people) so I had a DYKWIA moment as I just approached the Front Desk area and said 'Busines Class'. The agent just smiled and said the others are Priority Pass members on the waiting list. She then searched for other C/*G queueing up. The whole thing was not very well organized. The lounge was absolutely packed, food was good (but Sauvignon Blanc awful).

My advice: be at IAD earlier and just go to UA Polaris.
Old Sep 7, 2023, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by TPJ
I flew IAD-CPH the other day. I did not have time to go to UA Polaris so used the TK Lounge.

There was a huge line (like 30 people) so I had a DYKWIA moment as I just approached the Front Desk area and said 'Busines Class'. The agent just smiled and said the others are Priority Pass members on the waiting list. She then searched for other C/*G queueing up. The whole thing was not very well organized. The lounge was absolutely packed, food was good (but Sauvignon Blanc awful).

Thanks! I might be heading there next week so thanks for the info!
Old Sep 8, 2023, 1:20 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by TPJ

I have been doing a bunch of IAD-CPH this summer, and I have noted that the TK lounge also allows Star Golds in SK economy class to skip the waiting/waitlisted Priority Pass users wanting in to the lounge.

About using the Polaris lounge at IAD for IAD-CPH, good idea when having time. But I don’t go out of my way to use it when doing this route, as I just don’t show up early enough at IAD to get a truly hygge moment at the Polaris lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.