Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New SAS website live

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2017, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), SAS Diamond (*G)
Originally Posted by pobbop
A little off topic but where is the PG link in the iOS app? I have added a booking and I'm logged in with my EB account but can't find any link on any of the screens to PG...thanks.
Selecting a booking and going to the "My Trip" screen, it's at the bottom - see attached screenshot.

Back to my original rant - flysas.com is working today :-:^
Attached Images  
Old Feb 1, 2017, 7:46 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, Miles & Smiles *G, PC Amb
Hi, good thing i stumbled upon this thread as I thought I was going nuts!

I'm trying to make a booking on the SAS website for;

HKG-(ARN)-HEL

HEL-ARN

ARN-HKG

Essentially doing a stopover in Stockholm on the return.

I cannot believe that SAS don't have a multi-city option available on their website!?

Is there a workaround to this or any other sites you recommend to book a multi-city itinerary on SAS? They have some pretty good fares ex-HKG for Finland, but the price shoots up by quite a bit if I price the flights seperately.

Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 9:55 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by slickalick
I cannot believe that SAS don't have a multi-city option available on their website!?
Neither can I! Despite a decade of requesting it.

Is there a workaround to this or any other sites you recommend to book a multi-city itinerary on SAS? They have some pretty good fares ex-HKG for Finland, but the price shoots up by quite a bit if I price the flights separately.
The quickest way is to call them, they can certainly offer you such itineraries without the premium you incur on the website. Make sure to call them outside of Swedish office hours (11:00-15:00), so you get to talk to someone competent in Eastern Europe.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:23 am

Originally Posted by klmml
Selecting a booking and going to the "My Trip" screen, it's at the bottom - see attached screenshot.

Back to my original rant - flysas.com is working today :-:^
The new website is driving me nuts.
Tried yesterday to book CPH-TXL r/t for two.
The engine kept saying my frequent flyer number didnt match the names.
Triple-checked and everything was fine. But simply couldnt book

Ended up having to book Air Berlin in stead-
This must be the certain way to bankruptcy for SK..... if they dont act NOW....
Old Feb 1, 2017, 10:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by GreatDane
The new website is driving me nuts.
Tried yesterday to book CPH-TXL r/t for two.
The engine kept saying my frequent flyer number didnt match the natmes.
Triple-checked and everything was fine. But simply couldnt book

Ended up having to book Air Berlin in stead-
This must be the certain way to bankruptcy for SK..... if they dont act NOW....
You assume, that while sipping double foamed non fat latte green chai tea, stroking their well groomed hipster beards (could also say egos) and congratulating themselves on such an accomplishment, they actually notice people aborting the booking process or correlating declining number in bookings to the time of activating the new fail-website...

i bet they didn't even put tracers in to get an idea how many customers look up fares, proceed to book them and then check-out or abort along the way.

Last edited by fassy; Feb 1, 2017 at 10:52 am
Old Feb 1, 2017, 4:25 pm

Programs: A3, AA, AC, AS, DL, NH, SQ, SK, UA; BW, CP, HH, IHG, MB
Originally Posted by slickalick
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
Neither can I! Despite a decade of requesting it.
It really amazes me that multi-city bookings aren't possible. And SAS isn't alone either! Some of the OTAs can't seem to find the right SK flights (if at all), which makes it even more frustrating. It pains me to say this, but I can't believe that the US airlines actually have decent websites compared to the rest of the world. Especially so, since I've been critical of them in the past.

The quickest way is to call them, they can certainly offer you such itineraries without the premium you incur on the website. Make sure to call them outside of Swedish office hours (11:00-15:00), so you get to talk to someone competent in Eastern Europe.
It's almost as if airlines (in general) want you to avoid their websites so they can collect the booking fees. Actually, I don't even know what SAS charges for phone or in-person bookings...
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:00 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
I've never been charged a cent for phone booking and about 30-40% of my SAS tickets have to be broke don the phone because of their terrible website. I'm not sure what the official rules are, though I'm certain someone will post them.

Either because of Diamond or when you want to book itineraries that you can't get on the website they don't charge a booking fee.

Nevertheless, if you don't mind calling in and you can avoid the Scandinavians, the process is smooth and efficient as long as you know what you want and type in your EB number when you call (they'll ask for it).
Old Feb 2, 2017, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Diamond members do not pay a phone booking fee.

i remembered that one time before the Diamond times I had to call for a booking since the website was broken (and they even knew about it) and I had to pay phone booking fees. I tried to argue that it is clearly their fault that I have to call in but to no avail...
Old Feb 2, 2017, 6:10 am

Originally Posted by fassy
You assume, that while sipping double foamed non fat latte green chai tea, stroking their well groomed hipster beards (could also say egos) and congratulating themselves on such an accomplishment, they actually notice people aborting the booking process or correlating declining number in bookings to the time of activating the new fail-website...

i bet they didn't even put tracers in to get an idea how many customers look up fares, proceed to book them and then check-out or abort along the way.
Unfortunately I think you are 100% spot-on
I wonder when they go bankrupt if they will have a big sale of old SK-trinkets
Might be nice to have a souvenir of a once-glorious airline
Old Feb 9, 2017, 2:06 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold
That new website is a complete disaster.
The day they rolled it out in Sweden, I spent 30 mins staring at it, trying to figure how do I check my current reservation...

The bigger panic started when I logged in into my Eurobonus account. I have never seen more disorganised, random, non making sense, messed up and etc navigation!
Why the hell my balance is top right, contact is bottom left, new booking mid with a popup, points on the left corner center towards right bottom top corner overlayed with logo...

I abandoned the page and use iPhone app as much as I can... Already submitted 3 feedbacks, but got 0 response.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:54 am

Programs: SAS/A* DIAMOND/GOLD, GHA Black, HHonors Diamond
I spoke to one of the agents on the diamond-line. She said, that everyone she spoke to on the phone, mentioned how insane the new site was. She said, that they tried to make management listen and register the many, many, many complaints regarding the new website, but no luck yet. She gave the impression, that the negative feed-back and calls regarding thins that should've happened at the site, was very substantial.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:07 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by meanie.me
The day they rolled it out in Sweden, I spent 30 mins staring at it, trying to figure how do I check my current reservation...
I have done exactly this and I came to the conclusion that they had removed the function. Only after reading your post, I realised that maybe I didn't look hard enough (!), went back to the site and finally found out how to manage an existing booking.

The page for doing this is terrible. The design is bad but even worse is that it doesn't work. As soon as I tried to manage a booking I ended up with the message "You need to go to the swedish site to manage this booking." followed by an instruction how to manipulate (!) the URL to get there.

But the thing is I WAS at the sas.se and there is simply no way to make it stay there. Most of the time it redirects to flysas.com. Sometimes I was linked to classic.sas.se which in turn redirects to the new site....
Old Feb 10, 2017, 11:46 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by intuition
I have done exactly this and I came to the conclusion that they had removed the function. Only after reading your post, I realised that maybe I didn't look hard enough (!), went back to the site and finally found out how to manage an existing booking.

The page for doing this is terrible. The design is bad but even worse is that it doesn't work. As soon as I tried to manage a booking I ended up with the message "You need to go to the swedish site to manage this booking." followed by an instruction how to manipulate (!) the URL to get there.

But the thing is I WAS at the sas.se and there is simply no way to make it stay there. Most of the time it redirects to flysas.com. Sometimes I was linked to classic.sas.se which in turn redirects to the new site....
Yeah, I usually get redirected to the old site too when I check my reservations. So I can look at the seat map, presumably.

We have great software firms here, I'll repeat I'd like to know the name of the developer/agency that did SAS'. They need to be named and shamed.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 3:21 pm

Programs: SAS EuroBonus Gold
Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
Yeah, I usually get redirected to the old site too when I check my reservations. So I can look at the seat map, presumably.

We have great software firms here, I'll repeat I'd like to know the name of the developer/agency that did SAS'. They need to be named and shamed.
^^^

I totally would support that!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 10:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by meanie.me
I wanted to check where they hide that, as I normally just look via the APP. But, I wonder if they read this thread and fix as we go along?
In the middle of the screen I have a "Mine rejser" with a number in a red circle indicating the number of bookings. Is that new? It does take me to the old website to display the actual booking. So still not really scoring any points for the overall update....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.