Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Go Light [FAQ & Discussions]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS Go Light [FAQ & Discussions]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2023, 4:33 pm

Programs: Marcopolo
SAS checked luggage intra europe allowance

Hello,

i am flying to milan to copenhagen using SAS in economy but it does not come with checked luggage allowance.. i am SQ KF Gold .. can my status grant me luggage allowance for 20kg for intra europe flight in Eco with SAS

thanks
andre
Old Apr 29, 2023, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Kentaro Miyaji
Hello,

i am flying to milan to copenhagen using SAS in economy but it does not come with checked luggage allowance.. i am SQ KF Gold .. can my status grant me luggage allowance for 20kg for intra europe flight in Eco with SAS

thanks
andre
If you booked a Go Light flight with zero luggage allowance, status does not add a bag. Only additional cash does.
SK2751 likes this.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 10:27 am

Star Alliance Gold

Hi All does anyone know if check in PC of luggage if waived for Gold SQ
Old Apr 29, 2023, 12:39 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
Originally Posted by Euroflyer88
Hi Euroflyer

Welcome to Flyertalk and the SAS | EuroBonus forums!

I am not quite sure what you are trying to ask, perhaps it might be helpful to rephrase your question and describe your situation a bit more so that we may be able to answer any of your questions.
Looking at your post, it seems you are on a SK Go Light fare, which usually only comes with an included small personal item and no carry on bag. Only in the case of flights to/from the US and Asia does the SAS Go Light ticket come with one carry on bag in addition to the personal item.

As a star alliance gold member, you usually get one additional check-in bag, however, this does not apply to SAS Go Light tickets. Only SK's own elite members (Eurobonus Gold and Diamond) get a free carry on bag for SAS Go Light tickets. In that regard SK does usually not waive these rules for StarGold, but this might come down to the individual check-in agent.
However, being Star Alliance Gold, you do get priority boarding, even on a light ticket, so you could take the chance and still take a carry on bag with you, as you are likely not be checked as part of the priority boarding group. While I would argue the risk is small, there always remains a small risk and it is useful to note that buying an additional bag online before check-in is cheaper than paying at the airport. It is not advisable to ask to check in that bag though, as the agents might then realise you aren't actually allowed to have that carry-on bag.
Old May 1, 2023, 1:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Originally Posted by Euroflyer88
Even as Star Alliance Gold you need to pay for checked luggage if you are on a SAS Light ticket.
Old May 1, 2023, 5:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
For GO light, you can't even bring a carry on as *G. You can bring 1 personal item (to put under the seat in front of you).

Even if you buy 1 checked bag, you won't get an extra checked bag as *G. That's why you need to be very careful and think before buying ANY "light" tickets.
Old Jan 8, 2024, 2:49 pm

Hi all,

I've 2 question:
1. is luagge policy for SAS Go Lights stil the same, I mean 1 8kg luagge and 1 small item?
2. is the seat still free, if I check int less than 30 hours before departure?
Old Jan 8, 2024, 6:30 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Originally Posted by grabosic
Hi all,

I've 2 question:
1. is luagge policy for SAS Go Lights stil the same, I mean 1 8kg luagge and 1 small item?
No, go light now only includes "small item". When in go light you will board in the last group and they frequently do control of how much passengers in this group are trying to board with.
Old Jan 9, 2024, 1:05 am

thnak you for your answer. and what about seat?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA1K
Has anyone canceled a partially flown SAS Go Light ticket? Itinerary is US-EU-US, if that matters. I see on the refunds page that only taxes are refunded, but my receipt only has three line items - fare; taxes, fees, other charges; and international surcharge. Is there somewhere I can see the amount that would be refunded, or do I need to call SAS?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 2:57 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
When initiating the cancellation on the webpage, there is a step where refundable amount is shown sometimes.
If refund calculation is complex (or tool is having a bad day) nothing is shown.
You need to be very careful not to proceed too far as it will irrevocably cancel your ticket at the last step.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 4:07 am

Programs: NZ*G ELT, VA-G
I have recently discovered that SkyTeam has a much more relaxed policy regarding these "light" fares for their Elite & Elite Plus members. Their interpretation of the rule is in most cases 0+1=1, a la AF/KL. When SK makes the switch, it will be interesting to see if anything will change.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
I have recently discovered that SkyTeam has a much more relaxed policy regarding these "light" fares for their Elite & Elite Plus members. Their interpretation of the rule is in most cases 0+1=1, a la AF/KL. When SK makes the switch, it will be interesting to see if anything will change.
There are ups and downs on light fares. Elite status does seem to trigger a free bag with the major ST members. But one major member seems to not let their basic economy passengers in lounges no matter what, nor do they give segments or miles for their basic economy flights. Not that SK earnings on light flights are great, but at least a segment is a segment. But maybe you win a suitcase, but lose the qualifying segments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.