Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Lounge Options Los Angeles (LAX)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Gold

I've been looking around and trying to find if there is any lounge access for SAS Plus passengers flying from LAX. I can't seem to find any information regarding this on the SAS page.
Old Jul 18, 2016, 10:56 pm
ekf

Originally Posted by teknowaffle
I've been looking around and trying to find if there is any lounge access for SAS Plus passengers flying from LAX. I can't seem to find any information regarding this on the SAS page.
According to the swedish site, unfortunately not, unless you have *G

https://www.sas.se/allt-om-resan/pa-...g-till-lounge/
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:37 pm

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by ekf
According to the swedish site, unfortunately not, unless you have *G

https://www.sas.se/allt-om-resan/pa-...g-till-lounge/
Gosh, that is disingenuous. "You are welcome in SAS lounges across the entire world", which actually means "You are welcome in the three SAS lounges outside of Scandinavia that we haven't gotten around to close down yet".
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:07 am

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
Gosh, that is disingenuous. "You are welcome in SAS lounges across the entire world", which actually means "You are welcome in the three SAS lounges outside of Scandinavia that we haven't gotten around to close down yet".
A little bit too shortened your quote:
SAS Plus to/from Asia/the US: You are welcome at SAS lounges around the world as well as our partners' lounges in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Tokyo.
At the Airport -> Lounges -> Lounge Access

Nevertheless no mentioning of LAX or any other US airport (except ORD and EWR that are covered by SK lounge).

Last edited by Jainzar; Jul 19, 2016 at 12:18 am Reason: Added EWR
Old Jul 19, 2016, 12:12 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
Originally Posted by Jainzar
A little bit too shortened your quote:

At the Airport -> Lounges -> Lounge Access

Nevertheless no mentioning of LAX or any other US airport (except ORD that is covered by SK lounge).
I'm not sure I see the relevance of the latter part. "Worldwide" surely include Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, and Tokyo, as well as "Los Angeles" etc.

I mean, how difficult could it be to provide a tiny table, when they only fly to a dozen intercontinental destinations?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 3:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SAS Gold
Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
I agree completely.

One of the selling points they push on Plus is the lounge access. It couldn't be too hard for them to arrange access to the *a lounge in LAX could it?
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:03 pm

Programs: EBD, BAEC GGL/CCR, Alitalia AlataPlus, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Plat100, HHD
I agree completely.

One of the selling points they push on Plus is the lounge access. It couldn't be too hard for them to arrange access to the *a lounge in LAX could it?
Not sure about that... I think a strong point of the Star Alliance Gold lounge there is just that - it is an alliance wide status lounge (and one of the better star alliance lounges around...).

I would say they need to work out 3rd party options (if available) for the US airport they fly to though.
Old Jul 20, 2016, 1:38 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Lets not forget the fact that the StarAlliance lounge at LAX is probably the best lounge in North America that you get access to when flying SK. While I can understand that people flying Plus would be disappointed, the UA lounge at SFO is a total joke, so is the SK ORD lounge. The SK EWR lounge has potential now the LH crowd moved across the hall but nothing has been done to improve it. Sure, the LH lounge in IAD is pretty ok.

So if you're a Plus flyer and pick up the AMEX, you're essentially most of the way to Gold after your first round-trip. If you're visiting LAX once a year I guess there are plenty other venues (burger place down stairs works) so you can skip the lounge and the terminal has free wifi. If you're visiting it more than once a year you'll probably be Gold anyway and there is no issue.

Alternatively try your luck with PG, you get lounge access and working your way to Gold even faster. Only need it in 1 direction for lounge access at LAX.

I agree completely.

One of the best parts of the LAX lounge is the fact it is not overcrowded, like the SK lounges in the Nordics. Its well managed, plenty of seats, clean restrooms, fast wifi, food is restocked in time, the bar service generally has no queues etc. Letting more folks in would reduce the quality for all *A flyers, not just SK. If lounge access is that critical on your LAX journeys I'd shoot for status or an upgrade.

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Jul 20, 2016 at 1:43 am
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:04 pm

I'll be flying LAX-CPH later in March - which lounges do I have access to with EB Gold (without any additional security checks from lounge to gate - I don't mind walking) and which of them is the best?
Old Mar 12, 2024, 12:15 pm
Moderator: SAS
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: LX, SK EBD (*G)
You could access the Star Alliance lounge and the United Club, if you do not mind walking.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:57 am

Thanks - after reading some reviews it seems the *A lounge is the better of the two, so I'll go for that!
Old Mar 14, 2024, 7:11 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I did use the *A lounge about a year ago on this flight and I do not recall any trouble. The lounge is very good.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:39 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
If you are flying business, you may use the polar lounge.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 4:06 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by strikerbird
Polaris Lounge, to be accurate. It is located in T7 near the aforementioned United Club. *G alone isn't sufficient for access, you must be flying in J on the LAX-CPH segment.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by strikerbird
TBIT to T7 is quite a trek. You can walk airside, but it does make the T2A to T2B trek in Heathrow, that so many people complain about, seem like a short stroll in the park.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.