Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FastTrack at GOT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:35 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Random security checks are a mystery to me as well. In ARN T5 never, in ARN T2 about 50% of my flights. The security staff in T2 is a lot more shady as well, perhaps that's why but it is annoying for sure.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:08 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I 'accidentally' got a random security check again today. I rolled my eyes to the lady in the security at Torp and said 'again? I think I'm taken on over 10% of all my security checks for a random one!' to which she replied to me 'It's set at 15% in Norway.'

Just so you know.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 11:35 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SK Silver, AB Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
ARN T2 has the same setup for fast track. I was really confused when I took an AF flight from there last month. T5 fast track always works perfectly.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:30 am

Programs: Mileage Plus, Delta, American
Fast track at GOT is NOT a good set up at all. Besides the nasty looks (remember, Swedish culture says everyone is equal and NO ONE gets preferential treatment, even if they paid an exorbitant business class airfare on SAS), there is NO excuse for not having the far right security line open all the time and dedicated to the Fast Track flyers. If there are none they could always offer the regular flyers to use the unoccupied fast track security.

However the biggest piss-off factor is that they refuse to honor mileage plus status via star alliance, only SAS eurobonus. As an American living in Gothenburg, it just reinforces how poorly European companies understand customer service. By the way, when I contacted United, they informed me that MP Gold "should be honored" in the fast track line, but it is up to SAS... And since SAS wouldn't know good service if they tripped over it, that will never happen.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by Roadster Man
As an American living in Gothenburg, it just reinforces how poorly European companies understand customer service
As a European living in Europe I'm completely with you. It is appalling how European companies waive customer service away, or in case of the Swedish ones hide behind their backwards culture instead of trying to improve.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: EB*D, M&M, IHG, Hilton Hhonors
Funny, i fly out of GOT at least once a week and have zero problems with the fast track setup. I never notice any nasty looks and people are always willing to let me cut in line.

Regarding MP Gold: Fast track is not a guaranteed benefit for Star Alliance Gold level. It is not unheard of that airlines treat their own status passengers better than status holders from other airlines. For example, as EBD i do not get free upgrades from United and I'm also put in boarding group 2 when boarding a United flight. According to your logic, should i also be entitled to free upgrades and boarding with group 1?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alibi
Funny, i fly out of GOT at least once a week and have zero problems with the fast track setup. I never notice any nasty looks and people are always willing to let me cut in line.
Currently I'm departing from GOT also at least one time (often enough two or three times) a week due to a project in GOT and still think the setup is crappy... And still get the nasty looks!

Saying 'works for me' and 'nasty looks don't bother me since I either don't notice them or ignore them' is just defending a miserable implementation of the fast track security at GOT.
Old Aug 8, 2015, 8:46 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
I do not recall getting fast track for UA departures as SK gold in US. So why UA has this expectation in Europe?
Old Aug 8, 2015, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by wazow
I do not recall getting fast track for UA departures as SK gold in US. So why UA has this expectation in Europe?
You do get security fast track in the US as EB*G. Have had no problem with it at ORD and IAD. Unless something changed recently as its been a longtime since I flew UA domestic.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 9:34 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Originally Posted by UltraRant
I... would... LOVE... this...

Yes, in fact I did this time. It'd been a while since I flew there, but I probably won't forget the maximum security prison treatment I got there anytime soon.

First, the location is worth a mention: it's on your way out of the airport, right next to the door to outside, so you have to walk back from where you came. I first thought it was some office or staff entrance, but it wasn't: it's the stairs for priority boarding.

Second, I was the only one using it at the time, security was bored and, lucky me, I got picked by the machine for a random check. not sure how often people get random checked, but I get it in over 10% of my flights.

Anyway, as they didn't have much to do, it was much, much fun to do this as dedicated and precise as they could. It took over 10 minutes and I feel petted like I've been a good dog...
As long as you know where it is, the set up in BGO is quite OK. If you travel just with handluggage there is a much shorter walk from ground transportation, and there has never been a line there.

At TRD they have a dedicated fast track lane, which usually when I travel (17.05 TRD-KSU) is open. When there is no dedicated line, it feeds into the front of the ordinary line. It is very clear from the set-up that you come from somwhere else, i.e. is not cutting in line.
Old Aug 11, 2015, 7:19 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
You do get security fast track in the US as EB*G. Have had no problem with it at ORD and IAD. Unless something changed recently as its been a longtime since I flew UA domestic.
Ah. OK. You might be right. The last time I tried it was in YYZ (which is of course, not a UA hub).
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:03 pm

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by wazow
Ah. OK. You might be right. The last time I tried it was in YYZ (which is of course, not a UA hub).
If you flew *A and had your *G registered on your boarding pass, then you should have gotten fast track. Only exception, I believe, is Air Canada Rouge. Trust me, you want to avoid that airline anyway...
Old Aug 11, 2015, 3:28 pm

You get 'fast' track at YYZ as well.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 9:27 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
You get 'fast' track at YYZ as well.
It was very quick (no one in line) when I flew from YYZ a couple of months ago (AC coach to LHR). The general departure lounge was crowded, though. And there were few free seats in the Maple Leaf Lounge.
Old Aug 12, 2015, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
It depends a bit on the airport, in some places fast track is limited to first class only, no status pax. San Diego was last time I was there on UA.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.