Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 6, 2015, 1:09 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
General idea: keep an overview of SAS offers in this wiki.
New offers can either be inserted directly here or added in the thread.
Offers are not limited to SAS-activities but also can include partners with limited time opportunities for EuroBonus earnings or spending.

Suggested format would be to add a list item in the proper section. The offer should at least include a short description, expiration date (if applicable), travel period (if applicable) and other conditions like applicability. Possibly also a link to the offer, if applicable.

Current offers from SAS
  • Point bargains return trips Europe/US and Europe/Asia.
    Only GO.
    Book : June 8-14 2015
    Fly : November 3. 2015 - March 16. 2016
    All members.

And

Point bargains return trips intra Europe.
    GO and PLUS.
    Book : June 8 - 14 2015
    Fly : June 22. - October 31. 2015
    All members

http://www.sas.dk/en/eurobonus/offers-news/point-bargains/

Current offers from Partners
  • Room21.no offers double point earnings
    Room21 offers 136 points per 100 Kroner spent.
    Valid until March 15, 2015
    link

• Sportamore offers double points
    Sportamore offers 60 points per 100 Kroner spent.
    Valid until March 15, 2015
    link
  • American Express (Sweden) Offers 25% more referral bonus
    7.500p for Classic
    15.000p for Premium
    22.500p for Elite and other cards like Gold etc have other bonuses
    Valid until Nov 7th 2018
    So make sure you refer your friends and get some kickbacks ( https://idap-e3.americanexpress.com/referafriend/se/sv/un/login/v2?cpid=100307928%20link%3Dse-se-hp-ico-cta-bjudinenvan-20092018)

Recently expired offers
  • Points offer: 40% off to USA
    Tickets are available to ORD and IAD. SFO doesn't seem to have capacity available.
    Availability only in SAS GO, now 36.000 points per person per return trip.
    Latest booking date: March 8
    Travel period: April 1 - May 5, 2015
    Applicable to: at least Diamond
    link and link

• Points offer: 20% off to Tallinn
    Tickets are available for 16.000 points per return trip in GO, 24.000 points in PLUS.
    Latest booking date: March 8
    Travel period: April 1 - October 24, 2015
    Applicable to: at least Diamond
    link
Print Wikipost

per 2021: SAS offers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:21 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Today's offer is more cheap intra-EU tickets.

AMSTERDAM 299,-
ST.PETERSBORG 499,-
LUXEMBOURG 299,-
WROCLAW 499,-
NICE 499,-
MILANO 299,-
HAMBORG 299,-

Useless as usual.
Old Jul 16, 2015, 11:32 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose

AMSTERDAM 299,-
ST.PETERSBORG 499,-
LUXEMBOURG 299,-
WROCLAW 499,-
NICE 499,-
MILANO 299,-
HAMBORG 299,-

Useless as usual.
You're telling me I can go to Wroclaw for only 499 o/w in SAS Go? My god, why am I wasting all this time going to New York City!

Old Jul 16, 2015, 12:27 pm

Programs: SK-EBD

AMSTERDAM 299,-
ST.PETERSBORG 499,-
LUXEMBOURG 299,-
WROCLAW 499,-
NICE 499,-
MILANO 299,-
HAMBORG 299,-

Useless as usual.
Why are they useless?
Old Jul 16, 2015, 1:10 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
It is the second or third round of more of the same and these promotions aren't that great. You can fly cheap to those destinations year round if you want to.

There hasn't been a long haul C promotion in years, something people have complained about many times. All promotions with SK are in Go and generally intra-Europe, with the exception of the HKG offer last week which was obviously to beef up the load on the first flights.
Old Jul 21, 2015, 6:28 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
Agree FlyingMoose. Additionally, you can fly alternative arrangements with a competitor and buy the comfort and convenience and it's still better than SAS (in some cases).

Additionally, have any of you tracked if SAS has had their fall (late November) sale to the US yet? Want to get to IAD but haven't tracked it being offline for some months.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: SAS EBG (*G), Air Berlin Silver, Alitalia Ulisse & Hilton Gold
Today's Now or Never deals:

Hong Kong 2999,-
Washington D.C. 2999,-

(Travel September 10th - March 16th, 2016)

Third time Hong Kong is being offered at a low price.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 9:34 am

Programs: EBD, Avis Presidents Club, HH Gold
Just what a few of their customers want... Thanks Jonas
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:32 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
And positively booking these cheap fares to Hong Kong and Washington also work when not starting from ARN but from e.g. Finland. Around 400€ are charged from HEL, TMP or TKU. Finnair prices from TKU to HKG are over 800€ so a very good deal from these regional airports.
Old Jul 23, 2015, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Jonasdk
Today's Now or Never deals:

Hong Kong 2999,-
Washington D.C. 2999,-

(Travel September 10th - March 16th, 2016)

Third time Hong Kong is being offered at a low price.
Wonder if they are having problems on their loads to HKG??
Old Jul 23, 2015, 2:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by OFFlyer
Wonder if they are having problems on their loads to HKG??
I certainly think so. However all the school holiday periods are more expensive.

I paid almost the same but I'm flying TK - much better lounge, much better amenity and more importantly it's not a day flight.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 4:28 am

Originally Posted by nacho
and more importantly it's not a day flight.
Exactly. Going to HKG again in November via ZRH out and BKK back. Both night flights.
Old Jul 25, 2015, 7:01 am

Exactly. Going to HKG again in November via ZRH out and BKK back. Both night flights.
Very subjective of course. Personally I really appreciate the SK timing on the new ARN route as a 7AM arrival allows me to shower and head for my destination and work instead of loosing a day like on the LX arrival. Departure at 15:00 means I can watch a movie and have a good amount of time for a meal and then take a sleeping aid to get a full nights rest. Return allows me to work and arrive not to early in the day to be very jet lagged and exhausted.

Another very important item with long haul timing from ARN is Stockholm traffic. With the windows on the ARN-HKG route you dodge the worst parts and can reasonably make your way from and to the airport.

New C-cabin on the A330 give me no reason to fly LX and in addition to that there is WIFI which is a really big plus. Finally there is a very brief and convenient connection to CX for travel to SYD.

Connecting in ZRH and BKK along with the increased travel time from those destinations adds at least 4 hours of unnecessary travel in each direction.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason not to take this flight would be:
- You fly F on LX/TG.
- The food you are served on SK, which is worse than in Somali prisons.
- You don't have any means to bring your own IFE to substitute SK's appalling offering (even on the retrofitted flights).

Last edited by FlyingMoose; Jul 25, 2015 at 7:18 am
Old Jul 25, 2015, 12:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
I don't mind arriving at 7am - what I do mind is departing at 9am, spending a whole day in the air instead of eating/shopping in Hong Kong.

I travel on my own $ so C is not an option for me, for Y SK is the airline to avoid.

Now that CX is flying DUS-HKG, there might be another OW option with AB+CX ex-CPH.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:10 am

Very subjective of course. Personally I really appreciate the SK timing on the new ARN route as a 7AM arrival allows me to shower and head for my destination and work instead of loosing a day like on the LX arrival. Departure at 15:00 means I can watch a movie and have a good amount of time for a meal and then take a sleeping aid to get a full nights rest. Return allows me to work and arrive not to early in the day to be very jet lagged and exhausted.

Another very important item with long haul timing from ARN is Stockholm traffic. With the windows on the ARN-HKG route you dodge the worst parts and can reasonably make your way from and to the airport.

New C-cabin on the A330 give me no reason to fly LX and in addition to that there is WIFI which is a really big plus. Finally there is a very brief and convenient connection to CX for travel to SYD.

Connecting in ZRH and BKK along with the increased travel time from those destinations adds at least 4 hours of unnecessary travel in each direction.

As far as I'm concerned, the only reason not to take this flight would be:
- You fly F on LX/TG.
- The food you are served on SK, which is worse than in Somali prisons.
- You don't have any means to bring your own IFE to substitute SK's appalling offering (even on the retrofitted flights).
Thats got be the first pro-SAS comment I have seen from you in quite a while. I can't really compare the food to Somsli prison food as I have never been to one.

As to Oz destinations I can't realky see why I want to detout to ARN first. SQ one stops any day.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 4:27 am

Thats got be the first pro-SAS comment I have seen from you in quite a while.
Credit where credit is due.

They get somethings right and a good amount of the improvements we've seen over the past year have been positive. New cabin, new destinations and a continued focus on long haul along with lounge renovations and the occasional moment where they seem to actually listen to their customers are well done.

The horrible food, Eurobonus downgrades, half-assed attempt at improving IFE (improving screen but not the fundamental problem that there is nothing to watch) and polluting the in-flight magazine with strange leftwing propaganda need fixing.

I spend a lot of time in the air on numerous airlines and see how much better (and occasionally worse) things can be. If SK would stop trying to reinvent the wheel to much and copy successful formulas a bit more things have potential.

OT: Fingers crossed for a useful promo this week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.