Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

What's with the CPH lounge lately?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's with the CPH lounge lately?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2015, 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by johan rebel
When I was last there a few weeks ago, TK's IST lounge was in Europe.

I believe it still is.

Johan
Yes, very smart. You're right by geography but I think we all agree that Turkey and its costs of labor and other costs are not comparable to the ones in the political conglomerate called Europe (European Union)
Old Mar 29, 2015, 1:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, very smart. You're right by geography but I think we all agree that Turkey and its costs of labor and other costs are not comparable to the ones in the political conglomerate called Europe (European Union)
Like Bulgaria and Romania are.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:08 am

Come on? We were talking about high cost countries like DK, Sweden or Germany compared to Turkey. Of course we can now collect all countries in the EU which are poor... be my guest, quite some work since the European Eastern Extension.

so much about arguing in the internet...
Old Mar 29, 2015, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, TP Silver
Come on? We were talking about high cost countries like DK, Sweden or Germany compared to Turkey. Of course we can now collect all countries in the EU which are poor... be my guest, quite some work since the European Eastern Extension.

so much about arguing in the internet...
Just get your argument straight.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 11:47 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
Quite an interesting thread.

We all have different expectations of what a lounge (or any other service) will provide us with. If a service provider fails to meet the expectations, there will be a negative inpact on the brand. The logic is quite simple - if you don't fulfill your customers expectations, what ever they are, they will think a bit less of you.
(and that is why BA has employed 'expectation management', to set their customer base' expectations at a sufficiently low level so they can surpass it)

Now, clearly, OP did some comparison to other SK lounges and came to the conclusion that only CPH is below his expecations. So his expecations are met elsewhere, meaning he is pretty on par with what SK delivers elsewhere. Not sure how posting his disappointment then can be seen as a DYKWIA approach.

What is interesting is that some of the attitudes found in this thread is exactly the kind of attitude some of the staff at CPH shows their paying customers.

This one takes the prize.

Originally Posted by CKCPH
Yes, yes, I know. I just have troubles taking A3 *Gs who complain like DYKWIAs seriously ... if you're based in Copenhagen and credit to A3, it's because you wouldn't be eligible for the *G perks through Northern European airlines.
and then going on rambling about soon to come diamond status.
How is that for DYKWIA style?

And how narrowminded to think that EB is the program to use if flying ex-CPH, and that all those not crediting EB is the riff-raff of the flying community.

Well, at least for me, the universe does not spin around neither EB nor CPH.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:16 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Originally Posted by wazow
For this reason I really like the SK policy of not (really) serving alcohol in lounges before lunch. What I see on morning flights from, say, WAW is disgusting. I am OK to suck in a G&T before a late night flight, or a beer with food for lunch/evening. But people having beer or stronger alcohols for breakfast, pretty much, just because they are "free" ...
As long as those people behave well it is nobody's business how much they drink. At the end of a day there is nothing more stupid than to die sober in a crash

I've almost quit visiting SK lounges mostly because of a food. If I have a time I'am going MASH at CPH, this nice bar at F-pier entrance in ARN, upstairs restaurant in OSL. I don't mind paying for good food and drinks, doesn't change anything for me really. I used to like CPH lounge sleep rooms but last 3 or 4 times I've tried they were in disgusting state, almost like a dormitory in Rwanda. Is it also because of high labor fees? Get more Phillipinos and problem solved!
Old Mar 29, 2015, 2:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by intuition
Quite an interesting thread.

We all have different expectations of what a lounge (or any other service) will provide us with. If a service provider fails to meet the expectations, there will be a negative inpact on the brand. The logic is quite simple - if you don't fulfill your customers expectations, what ever they are, they will think a bit less of you.
(and that is why BA has employed 'expectation management', to set their customer base' expectations at a sufficiently low level so they can surpass it)

Now, clearly, OP did some comparison to other SK lounges and came to the conclusion that only CPH is below his expecations. So his expecations are met elsewhere, meaning he is pretty on par with what SK delivers elsewhere. Not sure how posting his disappointment then can be seen as a DYKWIA approach.

What is interesting is that some of the attitudes found in this thread is exactly the kind of attitude some of the staff at CPH shows their paying customers.

This one takes the prize.

and then going on rambling about soon to come diamond status.
How is that for DYKWIA style?

And how narrowminded to think that EB is the program to use if flying ex-CPH, and that all those not crediting EB is the riff-raff of the flying community.

Well, at least for me, the universe does not spin around neither EB nor CPH.
Thanks for this, intuition. Whilst it could be interesting to discuss some of the points CKCPH makes - or tries to make -, the way in which s/he chooses to make them - insults boarding on personal attacks combined with baseless and/or incorrect assumptions - means it is fairly pointless to engage in dialogue with him/her. S/he simply wants to put me in my place. Duly noted.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 5:13 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Folks, recent discussion has become unbearable to read (consequently, 3 posts were removed). Please turn down the heat and try engage with each other with more respect.

Prospero
Senior Moderator
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
There are Filipinos working at the cph lounge. They are super friendly, unfortunately it doesn't make the food better.
Old Apr 4, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
To my best understanding the operation of the lounge is actually outsourced (this probably irrelevant for the discussion though).
Old Nov 8, 2015, 8:07 am

Programs: SAS Lifetime Gold, HHonors Lifetime Diamond, TK*G Elite+, airBaltic VIP, Sixt Plat, Hertz Gold
I moved from SK EBG to TK*E+ couple of years ago, so I visit CPH lounge rarely. Sunday, November 8, 2015 was one of the rare cases I did SK flight out CPH. Very limited food. Salty sausage is the only fish and meat available. WiFi is filtered, no VPN or other non-web services work. Staff is far from friendly despite the fact they didn't look exactly like stunning Danish blondes. Crowded which means a lot of people fly out of CPH on SK and Star Alliance.

It seems that drinks are still decent. No more Remy Martin VSOP but Brathens VSOP is also good enough. Cheaper, still drinkable wines.

I really liked Scandinavian lounges when they had Swedish meatballs, nordic shrimps and other great food.

Mediocre experience. Lags far behind OS, LH, LX and TK *G lounges in Europe.
Old Nov 8, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Can't share the concern about the WIFI/VPN, after the recent WIFI upgrades at CPH and ARN it is great in my opinion and I don't call things great lightly. Never had any problems using VPN or non-web services either. The WIFI used to be absolutely terrible with no bandwidth and taking ages to load even webpages with just a handful of people in the lounge. While I visit the ARN lounge much more often than the CPH one, the WIFI there is consistently excellent.

Fully agree with the food fiasco which is more than evident in the many posts here about the food being terrible and causing considerable waste of meals. I really hope (lounge & in-flight) meal improvements are at the top of SK's agenda.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Staff at the CPH lounge is actually pretty OK - every time when we use it they are so shocked by the kids having TK E (not through match).

The food is bad (Mr. likes the hot dog) - worse than TK onboard food. If you don't touch the food then there is no waste, they could easily put some pastries in without costing them a fortune. The lounge is not so cater for people who don't drink alcohol. There was no juice except in the morning, although I can ask for milk for the kids but someone it's difficult to get a hold of the staff.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:55 am

In my experience the Wifi in both CPH and OSL is still very bad, ARN seems to work fine. At OSL I usually have to switch to the Telia Hotspot to get decent enough bandwidth to work over our VPN while at CPH which doesn't even have a Telia Hotspot I'm just out of luck and limited to mails only.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 4:15 am

In my experience the Wifi in both CPH and OSL is still very bad, ARN seems to work fine. At OSL I usually have to switch to the Telia Hotspot to get decent enough bandwidth to work over our VPN while at CPH which doesn't even have a Telia Hotspot I'm just out of luck and limited to mails only.
I usually have no problems with the CPH lounge wifi - in case I do I just log on the CPH free wifi. Can usually stream from either.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.