Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Birthday Present

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Since I moved to Tokyo I have been receiving birthday presents, also as EBG. Last year it was a nice set of Rörstrand bowls wrapped from Illum's Bolighus in Tokyo. Wondering what I will see as EBD this year. No personal greetings so far, but signed by hand.

Guess it is a Japanese thing :-)
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by JeeiJapan
Hi mate, nice "rant"
You might be right there, I see them trying to put in a bit of effort locally, tryiing to invite me (and other diamonds) to local network events and newsletters with japan specific travel specials etc....
Did you also get the teaser for the cocktail event, and no.further info?
Old Aug 6, 2014, 7:32 am

Programs: Skywards GOLD, Eurobonus DIAMOND, Etihad Guest GOLD
Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
AHAAAA!! NOW we know why we don't get much "here back home" SAS EB are spending all the money in Japan.......

/Schwert
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Schwert
AHAAAA!! NOW we know why we don't get much "here back home" SAS EB are spending all the money in Japan.......

/Schwert
Well, you can always move over here... It is a nice place to live
Old Aug 6, 2014, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, Air New Zealand Gold
haha yeah I did get that.
maybe should go next time?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:33 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyingMoose
If it's really a formal ongoing thing, it's just another disappointment and made up "perk" by SAS not to give EBD's what they want.

Where are our upgrades and vouchers! Is it really THIS hard to one thing of a FFP right?
You must be joking? While upgrade vouchers would be nice, it's far from what every EBD want. I think it would be a nice choice in the goodie bag selection, but it's not really that important. Me, and most others who travel IC don't travel in eco.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 12:34 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Well, you can always move over here... It is a nice place to live
I would love to, Japan is really something special and I always enjoy going there. What keeps me from doing so is that it's impossible to get optiontown upgrades (don't know about mileage upgrades) on the way back home.

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled
You must be joking? While upgrade vouchers would be nice, it's far from what every EBD want. I think it would be a nice choice in the goodie bag selection, but it's not really that important. Me, and most others who travel IC don't travel in eco.
I'd love to have upgrade vouchers (like LH provides for SENs and HONs, for example) as a perk. It's just that SK already announced that it's "impossible" to implement such a system. Given the state of the IT household at SAS, I'm not surprised they believe so.

Anyway, when flying for business, sure I won't be flying eco the whole time. I'd like to use the vouchers to upgrade some private trips. There's no way I'll be paying 20000+ NOK (or 2500+ euro) for a long haul business class trip for private purposes. That's where these vouchers will come in handy. At least a kazillion times more handy than a subscription to an amusement park I try to stay away from as far as I can. Or a dinner card for Denmark when located in Norway (ok, I know SAS wants me to fly, but I refuse to fly in and out of Denmark every time I want to go out for dinner...).

Last edited by UltraRant; Aug 7, 2014 at 12:59 am
Old Aug 7, 2014, 3:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UltraRant
I would love to, Japan is really something special and I always enjoy going there. What keeps me from doing so is that it's impossible to get optiontown upgrades (don't know about mileage upgrades) on the way back home.
Usually point upgrades works fairly well from Tokyo. But the load factor is usually fairly high in C so you may not be lucky.
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:09 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
I'll be flying to Tokyo again in March next year. I'll keep you updated on the success with upgrading.

Does anyone know why OptionTown isn't available on flights from Japan?
Old Aug 7, 2014, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by UltraRant
I'll be flying to Tokyo again in March next year. I'll keep you updated on the success with upgrading.

Does anyone know why OptionTown isn't available on flights from Japan?
A little PS, I was referring to the gate upgrades for points, not the confirmed point upgrades. Only tried the confirmed upgrade from Tokyo once, was declined but got it at the airport instead.
Old Aug 8, 2014, 3:02 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SK Silver, AB Gold, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
It must be the effort of the local SAS office in Japan. I remember SAS sent birthday gifts to EBGs in China two years ago.
Old Aug 9, 2014, 4:42 pm

Programs: SK *G, A3B
I've been EBS for 2 years and haven't been offered the 1000 Eurobonus points, ever, in my 5 years as a member (although 3 first of them I mostly flew domestic and frequent flyer programs were banned in Norway). I just searched through my emails and checked my account activity in the app. Not even a hint of a birthday wish.

For reference, could anyone please post the description SK use for the "activity" when registering these extra points?
Old Aug 10, 2014, 1:54 am
ekf

Originally Posted by Goldfox
For reference, could anyone please post the description SK use for the "activity" when registering these extra points
I am also EBS but got this. My mom is EBB and also got this.

This is what my account statement says for the points in question...

Happy Birthday- 1000 Extra points, Extra Points, 1 000, 0
Old Aug 10, 2014, 4:05 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
I have never recieved this gift. Have been gold for many years and diamond since that started. My dad, who is EBB, on the other hand has gotten it the last two years

But again that´s SK IT for you

Svantevit
Old Aug 17, 2014, 2:43 am
kbl

Programs: SK *G, HH S
also never got the "birthday gift" of 1k points, weird system they have there at SKIT...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.