FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   Birthday Present (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1600214-birthday-present.html)

JeeiJapan Aug 4, 2014 6:56 pm

Birthday Present

I was very pleasantly surpised to find a package from SAS. It turned out to be a birthday present. A pair of lovely Royal Copenhagen cups and small card.
(Nothing personal written in card)
I wasn't aware they sent Birthday gifts to Diamond members.
Anyway, have other people been receiving gifts? The same Royal Copenhagen?

Cheers
J

Schwert Aug 5, 2014 12:25 am

Originally Posted by JeeiJapan (Post 23310362)
I was very pleasantly surpised to find a package from SAS. It turned out to be a birthday present. A pair of lovely Royal Copenhagen cups and small card.
(Nothing personal written in card)
I wasn't aware they sent Birthday gifts to Diamond members.
Anyway, have other people been receiving gifts? The same Royal Copenhagen?

Cheers
J

Never heard of it - I have a "qualified" guess: I can see you are based in Tokyo, maybe this is SAS way of compensate that you can not choose the "actually" gifts for Diamond members, hence they do not send them outside Scandinavia?? (I think that because it is Royal Copenhagen that supports my guess :-)

Interesting to hear if any other overseas members get these as well.

BR
Schwert

R7U Aug 5, 2014 12:36 am

I had birthday in June. I did not receive any gift from SAS. I heard that in this spring some gold members received 1000 points as birthday gift (if they fly in next 3 months).

Schwert Aug 5, 2014 12:44 am

Originally Posted by R7U (Post 23311490)
I had birthday in June. I did not receive any gift from SAS. I heard that in this spring some gold members received 1000 points as birthday gift (if they fly in next 3 months).

Are you EB Diamond? (can't see it in your list)

PS. Got the 1000 points for my birthday as well (at that time as EBG - hence it was before EBD)

herro Aug 5, 2014 1:14 am

The same for me and I was Diamond at the time of my birthday. Still got only the 1000 EB points if I did one segment.

Br,
Henrik

JeeiJapan Aug 5, 2014 1:16 am

Originally Posted by Schwert (Post 23311467)
Never heard of it - I have a "qualified" guess: I can see you are based in Tokyo, maybe this is SAS way of compensate that you can not choose the "actually" gifts for Diamond members, hence they do not send them outside Scandinavia?? (I think that because it is Royal Copenhagen that supports my guess :-)

Interesting to hear if any other overseas members get these as well.

BR
Schwert

Really? It was definitely with a card saying happy Birthday, so must be seperate from the Diamond gift?
Yes Im Based in Tokyo
I have ordered the headphones as part of the diamond gifts and as far as I thought that they were sending them internationally?
Edit: I just checked my order and they have said should arrive mid-August...lets see

Schwert Aug 5, 2014 5:06 am

Originally Posted by JeeiJapan (Post 23311590)
Really? It was definitely with a card saying happy Birthday, so must be seperate from the Diamond gift?
Yes Im Based in Tokyo
I have ordered the headphones as part of the diamond gifts and as far as I thought that they were sending them internationally?
Edit: I just checked my order and they have said should arrive mid-August...lets see

Well well well - lets all wait in suspence :-) (Thank you for punkture my thesis :D )

FFlash Aug 5, 2014 6:16 am

Been Gold for over 10y and never got any gift whatsoever. Will see soon if my birthday kicks some ...

barca82 Aug 5, 2014 7:42 am

I also recieved this offer in April when I had my birthday. But I am just a basic member of Eurobonus. So I flew SVG-CPH-LHR one way in June and received my 1000 pointss as a birthday gift.

fassy Aug 5, 2014 8:03 am

As far as I can tell all EB members get the 1000 points for their birthday after their next paid flight. All of my friends and family (without any status) got it as well.

FlightCancelled Aug 5, 2014 9:52 am

I was EBB (or EBM as it's called now) back last year during my previous birthday, and I recieved 1k EB points then. Must say that I like it if SAS now is handing out birthday presents to EBD members. It's a nice touch!

FlyingMoose Aug 5, 2014 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by FlightCancelled (Post 23313574)
I was EBB (or EBM as it's called now) back last year during my previous birthday, and I recieved 1k EB points then. Must say that I like it if SAS now is handing out birthday presents to EBD members. It's a nice touch!

If it's really a formal ongoing thing, it's just another disappointment and made up "perk" by SAS not to give EBD's what they want.

Where are our upgrades and vouchers! Is it really THIS hard to one thing of a FFP right?

JeeiJapan Aug 5, 2014 5:59 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingMoose (Post 23315569)
If it's really a formal ongoing thing, it's just another disappointment and made up "perk" by SAS not to give EBD's what they want.

Where are our upgrades and vouchers! Is it really THIS hard to one thing of a FFP right?

Yeah i was wondering this too, I am AIRNZ Gold and you get those recognition upgrades that are quite nice.....
requalifying for gold gets more (2) each year

UltraRant Aug 6, 2014 2:13 am

SAS and customer friendliness are two different worlds, as are SAS and elite program status recognitions. I guess that's also because of the culture where no one is more special than anyone else and shouldn't be treated as such. I think Scandinavia is the only place on earth where even God has to wait his turn when in line at the McDonald's...

Anyway, I'm based near OSL and didn't get a gift from SK when having my birthday. No porcelain for me... I did get, like anyone else (janteloven, nothing 'special' there), the offer for 1000 birthday points when flying with them. I got those in my account less than a week later already. :)

I do have some suspicions that the porcelain may be from the Japanese branch of SK. Most airlines act differently when flying there, I believe they also have a different culture where giving a gift to an appreciated business partner is quite common. Even LH usually put an extra effort in flights to Japan, with printed menu suggestions, an extra snack in Y, etc.

Maybe I should just get me a mailbox in Japan before my next birthday and see what happens. ;)

JeeiJapan Aug 6, 2014 2:28 am

Originally Posted by UltraRant (Post 23317800)
SAS and customer friendliness are two different worlds, as are SAS and elite program status recognitions. I guess that's also because of the culture where no one is more special than anyone else and shouldn't be treated as such. I think Scandinavia is the only place on earth where even God has to wait his turn when in line at the McDonald's...

Anyway, I'm based near OSL and didn't get a gift from SK when having my birthday. No porcelain for me... I did get, like anyone else (janteloven, nothing 'special' there), the offer for 1000 birthday points when flying with them. I got those in my account less than a week later already. :)

I do have some suspicions that the porcelain may be from the Japanese branch of SK. Most airlines act differently when flying there, I believe they also have a different culture where giving a gift to an appreciated business partner is quite common. Even LH usually put an extra effort in flights to Japan, with printed menu suggestions, an extra snack in Y, etc.

Maybe I should just get me a mailbox in Japan before my next birthday and see what happens. ;)

Hi mate, nice "rant"
You might be right there, I see them trying to put in a bit of effort locally, tryiing to invite me (and other diamonds) to local network events and newsletters with japan specific travel specials etc....