Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Who wants to join in a court case against SAS?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Who wants to join in a court case against SAS?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2014, 8:33 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Whether I fly *A or Skyteam I'm entitled to a priority tag, and it's always put on, but I can count the times I have actually seen tagged luggage arrive first on the belt. Whether it's Europe, Latin America, US or Caribbean (there are the regions my travel pattern takes me to). I've just given up on getting annoyed with it, I usually grab my phone and get efficient workwise, while I wait.

Since it's the time that seems to be a nuisance to you, and since 17 hours per year (1020 minutes) is enough for you to take SAS to court, I suggest you get up 3 minutes earlier every day instead, and your problem is solved.

These first world problems make me shake my head. I guess that's why I now live in Mexico, where people would take that with a smile. Even when you consistently wait one hour for luggage after a 2h flight from Guatemala, because the border police insists on inspecting all luggage with trained drug dogs. Even if your luggage is priority tagged.
Old Jun 4, 2014, 2:21 pm

Programs: EBG
I must admit that I am usually one of the first to get my luggage when landing @ OSL.

LHR, MUC, BKG has also given me the luggage together with the other priority customers among the first.

I will try to notice next week when I fly back from LHR
Old Jun 4, 2014, 2:37 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
As some one mentioned here earlier, effectiveness of this service depends both on origin and destination airports. It helps if the priority cart is loaded properly, and then it helps if the priority cart is unloaded properly. Either of these sides failing may make the service fail.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Thank you all for your input! I conclude that no one really wants to join, not even as a witness. Too many fanboys and apologists around who would bend their ... in any impossible way to please SAS and to find apologies for their failures. That's ok. So be it.

Yes, getting some media attention to appalling SAS would be great and yes, most people would laugh about it. But then, most people don't land at least weekly on OSL, though, so it's completely understandable that most people don't understand the problem as such. Try to explain that if they bought 50 breads and only got 45 delivered with the baker refusing to deliver the other 5 or to compensate, even though you paid for them, makes it easier to understand. Still, 17 hours per year is a lot of time: it's one full day of my life (the part being awake). And no, I'm not living in a third world country, thank you, but I'm not paying third world prices for my tickets either, so why should I accept such treatment? Why should I accept that a contract is deliberately not followed up? It's simply not getting what you paid for and a company refusing to make up for it's mistakes. It's so simple, it's so illegal, it's so punishable...

Many of you willingly refuse to understand the principle (a big thanks for those people who do so!). SAS advertises priority luggage on Plus and Biz flights (and as one of the perks of being loyal to them.) and refuses to deliver. As it's part of the package, I've paid for it with hard cash in any way. As most of you are only creative in finding alternative ways in which I should bend myself (getting up earlier still just gives me 24 hours in a day), refuse the priority tag (deliberately refuse a service I paid for? Shall I skip fast lane as well then? No more lounge access for me? Pay for the food in Plus?), only bring hand luggage (but why do I pay then for an extra suitcase in Plus? I need it to bring my work stuff around, you know! Not everyone can just travel light all the time! Or do you really want me to run around naked for a week or so?) to cover up for the failures of SAS, I don't think those would be the most helpful people around here... It's like stating I should break 5 of my delivered breads in two: see, you now have 50 breads again!

Anyway, thanks a lot for reading into it and for giving your comments. I'll keep you updated on the matter. There will be action taken on this anyway.

ps. I completely sympathize with Aulrik here. I also have missed connecting flights (and trains) with SAS because they refused to deliver priority luggage as contractually agreed. The result was 4 hours of delay one time, and an uncomfortable overnight at Gardermoen the other time (and missing the meetings planned): no apologies and no compensation, not even a hotel: the sheer rude indifference was stunning. I had just over 1 hour connecting time in both cases. And 29 minutes may not be much, if SAS just did it's job properly and delivered the priority bags first (so after 10 minutes, as they do with the rest of the luggage), it'd be plenty of time.
Old Jun 10, 2014, 11:55 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Diamond (Lifetime Star Gold), Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum)
Originally Posted by UltraRant
Thank you all for your input! I conclude that no one really wants to join, not even as a witness. Too many fanboys and apologists around who would bend their.......
I really hope that you´re not counting me as one of the fanboys here. I certainly agree with your position - it´s just that I see the possibility of success for this venture as 0%.

SK certainly has bigger shortcommings if you want to take them on - e.g. the Russian roulette of flying the A340 these days where you risk ending up in an economy seat but you´re paying for SAS Plus.

Svantevit
Old Jun 11, 2014, 5:58 am

Thank you all for your input! Too many fanboys and apologists around who would bend their ... in any impossible way to please SAS and to find apologies for their failures.
Just becasue we do not agree with you there is no need to be sarcastic. I am not a huge fan of SAS - by no means. Used to be - but not any more. But I have to be fair: Priority Bags just work 9 out of 10 times for me at the previously mentioned airports - incl. CPH.

You asked - you got a reply.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:36 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Plat, SAS Eurobonus Silver, Connect Miles Gold, Marriott Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Disc.
Thank you all for your input! I conclude that no one really wants to join, not even as a witness. Too many fanboys and apologists around who would bend their ... in any impossible way to please SAS and to find apologies for their failures. That's ok. So be it.

Yes, getting some media attention to appalling SAS would be great and yes, most people would laugh about it. But then, most people don't land at least weekly on OSL, though, so it's completely understandable that most people don't understand the problem as such. Try to explain that if they bought 50 breads and only got 45 delivered with the baker refusing to deliver the other 5 or to compensate, even though you paid for them, makes it easier to understand. Still, 17 hours per year is a lot of time: it's one full day of my life (the part being awake). And no, I'm not living in a third world country, thank you, but I'm not paying third world prices for my tickets either, so why should I accept such treatment? Why should I accept that a contract is deliberately not followed up? It's simply not getting what you paid for and a company refusing to make up for it's mistakes. It's so simple, it's so illegal, it's so punishable...

Many of you willingly refuse to understand the principle (a big thanks for those people who do so!). SAS advertises priority luggage on Plus and Biz flights (and as one of the perks of being loyal to them.) and refuses to deliver. As it's part of the package, I've paid for it with hard cash in any way. As most of you are only creative in finding alternative ways in which I should bend myself (getting up earlier still just gives me 24 hours in a day), refuse the priority tag (deliberately refuse a service I paid for? Shall I skip fast lane as well then? No more lounge access for me? Pay for the food in Plus?), only bring hand luggage (but why do I pay then for an extra suitcase in Plus? I need it to bring my work stuff around, you know! Not everyone can just travel light all the time! Or do you really want me to run around naked for a week or so?) to cover up for the failures of SAS, I don't think those would be the most helpful people around here... It's like stating I should break 5 of my delivered breads in two: see, you now have 50 breads again!

Anyway, thanks a lot for reading into it and for giving your comments. I'll keep you updated on the matter. There will be action taken on this anyway.

ps. I completely sympathize with Aulrik here. I also have missed connecting flights (and trains) with SAS because they refused to deliver priority luggage as contractually agreed. The result was 4 hours of delay one time, and an uncomfortable overnight at Gardermoen the other time (and missing the meetings planned): no apologies and no compensation, not even a hotel: the sheer rude indifference was stunning. I had just over 1 hour connecting time in both cases. And 29 minutes may not be much, if SAS just did it's job properly and delivered the priority bags first (so after 10 minutes, as they do with the rest of the luggage), it'd be plenty of time.
I dont think anyone questions whether you are right or not. It's written very bluntly, and sure, if SAS dont live up to their promises, they have, from a legal point of view, breached their contract with you. You have all the legal right in the world to take them to court. Hell, may be you even win.

Personally I dont get the way you value your time, cause time seems to be what is the problem you have with SAS at the end of the day. You calculate that you are missing a full day (awake) of your life, due to waiting time at the luggage belt.
How long do you think it'll take to solve this case? Any bids?

No, you clearly dont live and travel in the "third world". Cause if you did, you would be well aware that flying is extremely expensive compared to Europe. :-)
Old Jun 12, 2014, 7:15 pm

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by Milkman
No, you clearly dont live and travel in the "third world". Cause if you did, you would be well aware that flying is extremely expensive compared to Europe. :-)
I don't agree that dragging SAS to court is a good solution, but regarding third world, it strikes me that Saigon is one of the places where the priority tag is almost always honored, regardless of what *A airline you fly with :-)
Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:57 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Perhaps this thread is not the best place for my post, but it fits in the theme of priority tags. I have usually had good success at EWR with priority tags coming first down the baggage conveyor. Yesterday was the same, but I noticed a SAS staff member with a clipboard and a stopwatch. I had a quick chat and can confirm that he was making an audit to see that the baggage handlers are doing their jobs. I was happy to see that at least one station is taking it seriously, and was more than happy to pass on my regards that the priority tags usually work for me at EWR.

With that being said, the stars aligned and I was able to pass immigration, pick up my luggage and transfer them to my UA connecting flight in 12 minutes....which was a new record for me at EWR^. Normally I have to wait 10 minutes for the luggage alone after clearing immigration. Perhaps the baggage handlers were informed of the audit and eager to look good.
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
informed or not, it actually does sound cool that there is an airport were they care about it
Old Sep 8, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: *G
yeah awesome with the control, I hope they do/start doing this everywhere.
I was lucky in CPH today(first time with luggage on ~35 flights), my luggage was among the first, but judging from how they packed the luggage on the plane it could've been complete randomness

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.