Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Eurobonus re-launch with new level above Gold

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2014, 2:35 am

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
Originally Posted by UltraRant
I thought we already determined in other threads that SK hates having Finnish customers?
I tend to hate SAS, avoided Finnair and used mainly LH.
But all my few flights with SK have always been much better than expected and better than AY (an airline doesn´t need much more better than AY s**t anyway) and any other in Europe. Their subsidiary Blue1 is still good. They, SK, needs us
Old Jan 14, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Let's really hope that SK needs you. It is in everybody's interest here that SK expands not shuts down...
Old Jan 14, 2014, 1:16 pm

Programs: AY, LH, KL, SK, D8, Marriott, Melia.
I guess so. I´ve decided to go with SK as their schedules are better than LH´s. Let´s wait EB 2.0 and new points earning.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 6:48 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Originally Posted by wazow
It is in everybody's interest here that SK expands not shuts down...
Expanding isn't really something SK has been good at lately. I needed to get to PRG this month and they just closed down the whole route... Just as they closed down their BKK route in favor of SFO. And that after they have already closed down a significant part of their route network lately.

Does anyone know if they'll use their A350s to replace their A340s and A330s or will they finally try to set up a real long haul network from Scandinavia? Bjørn Kjos shows it's possible...
Old Jan 15, 2014, 10:58 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
Does anyone know if they'll use their A350s to replace their A340s and A330s or will they finally try to set up a real long haul network from Scandinavia? Bjørn Kjos shows it's possible...
A network the Bjørn Kjos way means that any delay in any part of the network will transplant to all other parts of the network, and then forget about informing the passengers. Not the best business model to copy...

Last edited by ksu; Jan 15, 2014 at 11:40 am Reason: Spelling
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:17 am

Plus only fly to tourist destinations. These happen to be almost of no use to me ...
Old Jan 15, 2014, 11:22 am

Expanding isn't really something SK has been good at lately. I needed to get to PRG this month and they just closed down the whole route...
It seems that PRG is coming back with the summer schedule.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Expanding isn't really something SK has been good at lately. I needed to get to PRG this month and they just closed down the whole route... Just as they closed down their BKK route in favor of SFO. And that after they have already closed down a significant part of their route network lately.

Prague was done as a summer route, though the way they advertise their new route this is easily missed. Not that I have seen specific numbers, but Bangkok is often reported to be very difficult to have a good yield on, too leisure heavy. SFO should drive better yields, so a change that makes sense. BKK is operated in the winter season where the demand is higher.

There are mixed reports on when SK will retire what parts of the fleet, and no official statement. But if they take all their options that should allow for an expansion, and if they keep some of the A330s from their original batch it can become a reasonably sized fleet.

I don't know if I want to call what Norwegian is doing a real long haul network. Of course they don't have enough planes to make a real network yet, but they don't seem intent on doing it. They seem to aim for serving a number of routes with 1-3 weekly, spreading their fleet to Gatwick from this summer.

Last edited by CPH-Flyer; Jan 15, 2014 at 5:00 pm
Old Jan 16, 2014, 4:13 am

....or will they finally try to set up a real long haul network from Scandinavia? Bjørn Kjos shows it's possible...

1-3 weekly departure from a number of different airports does not really make a "real long haul network".

I think it is fair to say that Norwegian has massive problems on the IC routes in terms of reliability, customer service, catering issues, legal aspects as well as labour rights. And at least for now Norwegian's image seems to have taken a hit.

I do not think Mr. Kjos has proven anything at all on the long haul aspect - yet. Except for adding a new word to the Norwegian language "kjosfast"
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: EK Gold, SK Gold

Any updated news on when EB 2.0 will be launched?
Old Jan 16, 2014, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by OFFlyer

I do not think Mr. Kjos has proven anything at all on the long haul aspect - yet. Except for adding a new word to the Norwegian language "kjosfast"
I guess he has also proven that the people saying it is lot more complex to run long haul operations than short haul operations were indeed correct in their statement.
Old Jan 21, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: SK-EBD
New delay, it seems.

Todays newsletter from Eurobonus says "The new Eurobonus will be introduced this spring".

Only this headline, as the link in the newsletter dosn't work.

This is really not great punctuality!
Old Jan 21, 2014, 3:19 pm

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
I used to get these newsletters from Eurobonus, and one year it stopped randomly. I can never get it back, do any of you guys know how I can get it again?

Thanks

SB
Old Jan 21, 2014, 4:08 pm

Maybe stupid question: Have you checked Spam/Mailfilters? Might be they send the newsletter but it gets removed by your ISPs filter or your client ones.

Otherwise write a mail to the customer service, they should be able to subscribe your account to the newsletter in no time.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: Flying Blue: Platinum for Life Elite Plus - EuroBonus: Gold
I did both. And still havent got anything

SB

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.