Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LH SEN NO longer Priority Baggage Tags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LH SEN NO longer Priority Baggage Tags

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2012, 3:23 am

WW2 I think...
Old Nov 15, 2012, 4:23 am

Programs: SK*G
You don't get Pri-tags as SK*G in DUS either (LH FC chek-in for SK flights).
When pointing out what's stated in Star A charter, answer is: Not for SK-flights.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 1:58 pm

Programs: SK EBG, BAEC Gold, LH FTL, FBP, CCG, HH Diamond
Interesting. This could explain why I didn't get a prio-tag on my bag when flying FRA-ARN on SK. I didn't see that the agent never put the tag on, so I didn't notice until I got home.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH station management in GOT, ARN & CPH have very clear instructions to SGS what FTL/SEN/HON are to be provided when checking in for LH operated flights. This includes fast track for SEN/HON, C checkin for FTL, priority boarding, HON tags for HON/F pax etc. They are also to load the A32S containers in a certain sequence with certain luggage in each bin to facilitate the transfer in MUC/FRA/DUS. It seems LH pax do complain and LH takes these complaints up duing the periodic meetings.

But I think the OP is talking about an SK operated flight?
and it took a lot of complaining, i regularly fly out of GOT and HON service used to be a nightmare when booked on the LH flights. most of the times the crew had no idea about HONs on board...
Old Nov 18, 2012, 3:04 pm

Programs: LH SEN*2
Originally Posted by Ubbe
WW2 I think...
Well, miles and more is the program for the flag carriers of Poland, Austria, Belgium, Switzerland & Germany, I bet you have to look rather on the governing attitude @ CPH...

And I don't find the entry levels for SEN or HON particularly low..
Old Nov 18, 2012, 3:09 pm

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
this is not logical . Service for SEN/Hon is a Matter of LH and what they pay for. SK is only obliged to provide alliance benefits.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by wazow
this is not logical . Service for SEN/Hon is a Matter of LH and what they pay for. SK is only obliged to provide alliance benefits.
I did not hear that LH or LO don't pay their bills and speaking about *A benefits, can you tell me which are currently beeing offered in CPH? there isn't even a fast track at the moment available.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by Bernie2012
I did not hear that LH or LO don't pay their bills and speaking about *A benefits, can you tell me which are currently beeing offered in CPH? there isn't even a fast track at the moment available.
Fast track security is not a *A benefit. And in some places even LH does not offer to its own business passengers or elites even though it is made available by the airport.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by Kallio
Fast track security is not a *A benefit. And in some places even LH does not offer to its own business passengers or elites even though it is made available by the airport.
Funny, I can't technically open *A hp (seems overloaded or so), but if you would be a seller from SAS, what would you sell me as "benefits" for non EB frequent travelers using SAS?

(How comes that LH/LO manage fast track on ROM, ARN, PRG and on CPH at the moment not?)
Old Nov 18, 2012, 4:48 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Guys
I think you loosing a plot. What is the value of priority tags if baggage is not prioritised system wise through the contracts (except long haul)?
I'm flying SK and LH a lot and I regularly see priority-tagged baggage is by far not among first to appear on the belt. Just landed in MAD with LH and my tagged bags appeared around middle of all bags, same for others tagged bags.

This cannot be just a co-incidence. When I'm on long haul with SK or LH priority bags are almost always first on the belt overseas, and almost never on short haul.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 11:22 pm

I am just saying that the attitude is wrong. There are certain *A business agreements that are made when you join the alliance (with these we sometimes have problems too, but then this is not the point of discussion here). Fast track is not one of the agreed benefits. It seems that priority baggage tags are another.

Maybe fast track is simply too expensive for LH to pay in CPH for its status pax. One can bea bit irritated with CPH or SK (as the handling partner) for the situation, but blaming them for this one cannot. In the end it is LH with who you enter a contract, and they choose the services they are able to offer. You can only start blaming SAS or CPH if they do not deliver on *contracted* services. Let's be reasonable.

SK decided that fast track is important for its passengers and pays for it. Now some LH boy here runs around and is mad that SAS treats they pax well. This is ridiculous ...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 2:49 am

You can only start blaming SAS or CPH if they do not deliver on *contracted* services. Let's be reasonable.

SK decided that fast track is important for its passengers and pays for it. Now some LH boy here runs around and is mad that SAS treats they pax well. This is ridiculous ...
First, I am a *A boy, ok? I happend to be a member of Miles & More but I fly only 40% with LH.

Second, I believe you have read my detailed posts on how CPH did act numerous times.

Third, isn't it strange for you that airports not belonging to any of the members of *A offer all the good stuff, but CPH, hub of one of the founding members of *A, does not get somehow their stuff together to get things going the same way like elsewhere? Jesus...
Old Nov 19, 2012, 2:54 am

I believe that they normally do what are the published benefits. Modulo some irregularities that should of course be fixed, but things discussed here, fast track and priority baggage tags, are not published *A benefits. You are rightly unhappy as a customer to not receive the service you would like. I would also like (as an LH/LO flier as well) to be treated better in CPH. But I see no point to be mad at SAS for this, if LH/LO do not guarantee the services I need in CPH.

For the record, I also have my share of frustration with CPH. But these here do not appear justified.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:40 am

Programs: SK Eurobonus Silver, DL, AA, AY, US
Does anybody knows the rationale for this? (different access rights for fast track in CPH than in ARN?) What is behind this difference?
It's SAS, don't expect it to be consistent. They might have one set of rules in the Swedish side, another on the Danish site, third on English site and fourth one on the check-in counter.

I've been denied access to the Scandinavian lounge on *A F ticket, despite checking the issue from the SAS site and with customer service before the trip, had to argue whether or not SK FO benefits apply on KF flights and so on.

Maybe now that they should get one managent in one place, they might actually start acting like one airline.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 3:57 am

I believe that they normally do what are the published benefits. Modulo some irregularities that should of course be fixed, but things discussed here, fast track and priority baggage tags, are not published *A benefits. You are rightly unhappy as a customer to not receive the service you would like. I would also like (as an LH/LO flier as well) to be treated better in CPH. But I see no point to be mad at SAS for this, if LH/LO do not guarantee the services I need in CPH.

For the record, I also have my share of frustration with CPH. But these here do not appear justified.
Wazow, please, get your facts better together:
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/

I have no interest in inventing accusations just to bash SAS's CPH base, all what i and others said are facts, documented and subject to complaints.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.