Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

LH SEN NO longer Priority Baggage Tags

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist

Just checked in at the *Gold counter at CPH - no Priority Bagage tag at my bags, asked the attentant why and she said:
It is only for SAS Gold or Lufthansa HON... I insiteded she were wrong and asked for a supervicer - who came over and told me that Priority Tags are only for Eurobonus Gold, LH HON, Business class and First Class... She even showed me the chart at her computer...

What have I missed?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 6:58 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
When I checked luggage with SK this summer, the tag automatically had the 'priority' text on them ex ARN plus the agent added the red tag onto it. Not that it mattered, SK is completely ignorant of any preferential handling of luggage. Even Princess Madeleine's (aka TiHi) Prada Bag came out in the middle of the lot on a EWR-ARN flight.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:10 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Interesting. I did not know that *A disinguishes between priority checkin and priority baggage. I always believed that the tag is part of the business class check-in service. But now they allow you one, but deny you the other ...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:10 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Yes, this is indeed the way it is. I fly out of CPH all the time and usually don't get the baggage tags at the SAS Business Class Counter. I wrote LH once about it, received an acknowleding answer (surrounded by the usual pretext about how "important" we are to them, I removed it in the quote). But of course nothing changed and I simply gave up on it.

We can confirm that priority baggage handling is one of the many privileges our Senator Travellers can expect when travelling with us. It was with regret to learn that preceding flight LHXXXX from Copenhagen on XX February 2012 and on previous instances, this privilege was not given to you. As we take this matter very seriously, we immediately passed your comments over to our Station Manager based in Copenhagen in order to adopt the necessary measures to bring about improvements in this regard. As a Senator passenger there are a wide range of exclusive privileges available, and we are constantly working to improve the programme for you.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 8:49 am

I actually did have similar problems in CPH several times as an FTL flying LO and LH. I was denied access to business check in. I elevated the problem to the shift manager twice. With similar experience like you -- complete refusal. "Lufthansa just won't pay for this".

I wrote complaints to MM, receiving replies similar to the one above. Did not help. At some point I started to enumerate how many times I was denied promised services (in my letter emails to MM) and requested compensation. Not that I needed the miles. I more wanted to make sure that the answers do not come without any action from MM.

I received compensation and was assured that they discuss it with SK (as the handling agent). This has helped. For several times I was not denied the service.

Then I become EBG so I do not know whether the problem persists. But I learnt that applying pressure on the floor in CPH does not work. I try just a bit, and if this does not work I give up. Then I think one should apply strong pressure on MM. SK is their subcontractor in this respect, and LH/LO have instruments of pressure to use to receive the service they order from them
Old Nov 13, 2012, 11:50 am

Programs: LH SEN*2
Originally Posted by NicoEBG
Just checked in at the *Gold counter at CPH - no Priority Bagage tag at my bags, asked the attentant why and she said:
It is only for SAS Gold or Lufthansa HON... I insiteded she were wrong and asked for a supervicer - who came over and told me that Priority Tags are only for Eurobonus Gold, LH HON, Business class and First Class... She even showed me the chart at her computer...

What have I missed?
Be glad that you did not get any teeths punched out as you probably pulled your SEN card (just kidding), last week I ran at the *G counter into an exceptionally nice individual (for CPH standards), basicly the same one I met 24h earlier, he did ask me "oh, you are flying often over Copenhagen" me "yes, but I try to avoid CPH as much as I can", he looked a bid surprised:"because you are discriminating [SEN] and smokers here" .. "Oh yes, there had been a lot of changes recently". I felt a bid sorry for him, but the thruth was out..

Originally Posted by oliver2002
When I checked luggage with SK this summer, the tag automatically had the 'priority' text on them ex ARN plus the agent added the red tag onto it. Not that it mattered, SK is completely ignorant of any preferential handling of luggage.
Yes, 0 Problems in Arlanda and basicly still last week, same carrier, same time, different airport, different universe.

Originally Posted by wazow
"Lufthansa just won't pay for this".
There is an old saying: "if you are in a hole, stop digging", what's the purpose of having new cash in the business and you have turned off a not so small amount of individuals which should sustain your cash flow in the future.. or at least a critical portion of it. and every portion is critical.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:30 pm

Programs: EB*G, BT VIP
Priority tags are just joke on intra-EU flights. This is not just a good will or an effort, this is a line in handling contract between airline and stations. Which is obviously not there in case of SK shorthaul.
I wonder why they spending money on this very un-environmental practice of printing special tags if they know it b****it anyway?
Old Nov 13, 2012, 7:39 pm

Programs: SK*G, QR*G
Maybe it could help to refer to the star alliance benefits?
http://www.staralliance.com/en/benef...silver-status/
Old Nov 13, 2012, 10:03 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
wazow,

Star Silver doesn't come with an alliance-wide business class check-in benefit. LH/LO FTL would be out of luck with business class check-in when flying economy class on most Star Alliance carriers.

Originally Posted by NicoEBG

What have I missed?
Strange. I have had a dozen or so *G economy class or economy extra flights on SK in recent weeks and I've been getting either Priority Bag tags or Priority/VIP printout on my bag tags. Some of these flights have been out of CPH on SK, and I don't use an SK*G card.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:07 am

GUWonder -- I referred to flights on LO and LH, which are published benefits.

Originally Posted by GUWonder
wazow,

Star Silver doesn't come with an alliance-wide business class check-in benefit. LH/LO FTL would be out of luck with business class check-in when flying economy class on most Star Alliance carriers.

Strange. I have had a dozen or so *G economy class or economy extra flights on SK in recent weeks and I've been getting either Priority Bag tags or Priority/VIP printout on my bag tags. Some of these flights have been out of CPH on SK, and I don't use an SK*G card.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 1:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

LH station management in GOT, ARN & CPH have very clear instructions to SGS what FTL/SEN/HON are to be provided when checking in for LH operated flights. This includes fast track for SEN/HON, C checkin for FTL, priority boarding, HON tags for HON/F pax etc. They are also to load the A32S containers in a certain sequence with certain luggage in each bin to facilitate the transfer in MUC/FRA/DUS. It seems LH pax do complain and LH takes these complaints up duing the periodic meetings.

But I think the OP is talking about an SK operated flight?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:48 am

Programs: TK*G, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
LH station management in GOT, ARN & CPH have very clear instructions to SGS what FTL/SEN/HON are to be provided when checking in for LH operated flights. This includes fast track for SEN/HON
Not in CPH, I'm afraid.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:54 am
THD

Programs: OZ Lifetime-DMPL*G, AF*G, SPG Plat, Hertz PC
SK ground staff in GOT give priority tags in general. Occasionally have to remind them to put the priority tags on when flying Y on LH metal and *G. One occasion the checkin agent refused, stating I did not have that benefit and had to call the station manager, that solved things.

While rare that I fly out of CPH nowadays, the times I have done so, priority tags have been attached.

Case of bad checkin staff combined with bad supervisor for that day perhaps?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Zeehe
Not in CPH, I'm afraid.
Yes, I know, my bad.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 3:26 am

Does anybody knows the rationale for this? (different access rights for fast track in CPH than in ARN?) What is behind this difference?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.