Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Trading of SAS shares has been halted [merged discussion on restructuring]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Trading of SAS shares has been halted [merged discussion on restructuring]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2012, 4:27 pm

Programs: LH SEN*2
ps. I remember having gotten a phone directory with all *g numbers, which probably some here did not get for some strange reasons, the sas hotline worked until some time ago and ftl allows you IMO also to make seat reservations on line. about the economy extra, you should tell that to the dismissing automats to look more careful on the boarding pass and not to say out of some pawlow's reflexes good bye if they see a sen card. (we speak only about CPH here..)
Old Nov 12, 2012, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by Bernie2012
ps. I remember having gotten a phone directory with all *g numbers, which probably some here did not get for some strange reasons, the sas hotline worked until some time ago and ftl allows you IMO also to make seat reservations on line. about the economy extra, you should tell that to the dismissing automats to look more careful on the boarding pass and not to say out of some pawlow's reflexes good bye if they see a sen card. (we speak only about CPH here..)
There used to be a seperate number for EBG, or if you called the mainline and punched in your EBG number you were also connected to them. Not sure what is around these days, as I have not called them in ages. Maybe I should try, still have the hotline number stored on my phone.
The seat reservation on European flights has for a while been an EBG "perk" only. Some years ago it was for all passengers, regardless of booking class or mileage status, but that was changed to EBG only. FTL gives you seat reservations on LH flights (?), but for some reason *A is not very harmonized about the benefits, especially for Silver. But even for gold some of the carriers keep the better part to their own gold cards. (hello Singapore Airlines)

EDIT: Sorry for getting a bit of track from the actual topic of this thread.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by tsastor
Any other non-US *A member not charging for fuel on award tix? Prob. need a new *A partner soon and my current travel pattern would indicate TK (or LH).
AV.

Originally Posted by SPBanker
Of course now the cuts are so deep that the employees may actually feel they have a better chance somewhere else. I am sure SAS going under would not mean the end of commercial aviation in Sweden, Norway and Denmark...
Is Roschier involved in what is going on with SAS?

Last edited by GUWonder; Nov 12, 2012 at 7:31 pm
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I for one would hate to see SAS go - if anything we (FFs) need more competition not less.
Old Nov 12, 2012, 10:14 pm

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
... And I wish SAS would remove the link to the LBGT guide from their home page as I find it offensive (or perhaps I have to accept and respect how others determined to live their live, even the drag queen dancing and flirting through my last CPH>TRD flight, I could be demanding too that this thing gets shipped via checked oversize baggage). But since they have a smoking ban and and LGBT guide, soon they will be stuffing organic-fair trade-raw-broccoli in my mouth at check in, because of my presumed malnutrition, or they will demand me before entering CPH to cover my wooden floor in my city home with a carpet, because the wooden floor is causing 50x more pollution in the air than allowed for outside spaces, google the cancer risks of that yourselves.
Thanks for that, Bernie2012. The more you post, the better we understand you.

cheers,

Henry
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:00 am

Originally Posted by CPH-Flyer
There used to be a seperate number for EBG, or if you called the mainline and punched in your EBG number you were also connected to them. Not sure what is around these days, as I have not called them in ages. Maybe I should try, still have the hotline number stored on my phone.
The seat reservation on European flights has for a while been an EBG "perk" only. Some years ago it was for all passengers, regardless of booking class or mileage status, but that was changed to EBG only. FTL gives you seat reservations on LH flights (?), but for some reason *A is not very harmonized about the benefits, especially for Silver. But even for gold some of the carriers keep the better part to their own gold cards. (hello Singapore Airlines)

EDIT: Sorry for getting a bit of track from the actual topic of this thread.
004532326800, that is what I picked out of this phone directory I got some years ago where all the*G lines were stated.

With the seat reservation, I usually try to don't meddle around, the airlines do them better than I possibly can.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:19 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Cupart
I know, according to danish media, that a Danish SAS employed purser makes about DKK 27'000 per month - EUR 3'620 gross (not including claimable expenses etc). There are also commission on sales etc not included (or at least there used to be).

On top of this, the working days come to 195 days meaning 175 days off per year (taking off 104 days - which are weekend - so it comes to 71 days paid time off or 14 weeks per year).

So if they are underpaid or overpaid I don't know...
Update:

Newly trained cabin crew get paid around DKK 18'000 per month + certain expenses and pension. With seniority this can reach to around DKK 31'000 pr month + expenses and pension.

A purser's salary is between DKK 22'000 and 40'000 per month + certain expenses and pension again depending on seniority.

A newly trained pilot with SAS earns around DKK 40'000 per month and can earn up towards DKK 85'000 per month.

A captain's salary lies in the rage DKK 70'000 to DKK 100'000 per month.

Of course this is for the danish employees and before the 15% cut back proposed...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by henry999
Thanks for that, Bernie2012. The more you post, the better we understand you.

cheers,

Henry
My pleasure, Henry, and I can tell you ad hoc about 15 persons who's business CPH/SAS is loosing, sure they can affort that.

If some parts of a society get to decide from the green table about what has and has not to be tolerated, I think it is in trouble, particularly if that results in a selve perpetuating inquisision by some (as if they have nothing better to do).

I had been recently with an Eastern European entrepreneur touring some industrial assets and the country side of Denmark itselves, to put it mildly, he did get a very grim picture of Denmark. No insult in here, but, guess with what particular impressions he left the country and how that possibly relates to the problems of SAS...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:30 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)

Newly trained cabin crew get paid around DKK 18'000 per month + certain expenses and pension. With seniority this can reach to around DKK 31'000 pr month + expenses and pension.

A purser's salary is between DKK 22'000 and 40'000 per month + certain expenses and pension again depending on seniority.

A newly trained pilot with SAS earns around DKK 40'000 per month and can earn up towards DKK 85'000 per month.

Of course this is for the danish employees and before the 15% cut back proposed.
And I assume this is before paying tax. The entry salary seems fair to me, if excluding tax.... This is close to what a an average university graduate can get in a public sector job on entry. Usually performing a much more complex, and competence heavy job. With experience growing this is hard to assess on general plan. I laways felt a bit envy of people who are essentially drivers on steroid and are so well paid. It would be more fair to compare to other airlines. This is an insight I do not have.

Last edited by SK2751; Nov 13, 2012 at 1:07 am
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: UA 1MM/*G. DL Gold for one more year.
And I wish SAS would remove the link to the LBGT guide from their home page as I find it offensive
What a creepy little forum this can be sometimes. I don't complain about the link to the German website - after all, it's your choice how you choose to you live your life...

Last edited by Passmethesickbag; Nov 13, 2012 at 12:53 am
Old Nov 13, 2012, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by Passmethesickbag
What a creepy little forum this can be sometimes.
creepy, I find your "out of context" quoting.. Looks pretty bad this sentence if cut out from anything else around, I have to admit that...
EDIT: I did not see your later edit, sure, tolerance is a black and white question, not a question about the right shade of grey. I only don't understand what German website you refer to.

Last edited by Bernie2012; Nov 13, 2012 at 1:07 am
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Originally Posted by wazow
And I assume this is before paying tax. The entry salary seems fair to me, if excluding tax.... This is close to what a an average university graduate can get in a public sector job on entry. Usually performing a much more complex, and competence heavy job. With experience growing this is hard to assess on general plan. I laways felt a bit envy of people who are essentially drivers on steroid and are so well paid. It would be more fair to compare to other airlines. This is an insight I do not have.
Of course it's before tax. I think they are definitely earning too much (not the amount but the working conditions taking into account). I do think it's fair to compare those figures to other airlines - however I doubt that they earn less than DY even with the 15% cut.

SAS hasn't been doing 'well' for the past 10 years, and it has been doing restructuring for a long time but still not going anywhere.

I wonder CPH Airport can survive without SAS.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 2:46 am

Programs: SK EBD LTG (*G)
Well if you get 18kkr salary and then pay tax of that this is not an incentive to work at all. I think then the better deal to align the working time with the salary (by increasing work time). Not decreasing salaries.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:05 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AY Plat (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, ALL Silver
To put things into perspective a newly trained cabin crew employee from Ryanair makes about EUR 15'000 per year (or DKK 112'000) pre tax or DKK 9'333 pr month before tax. Income tax in Ireland is around 20% so a bit lower than in DK... In addition to this 10% commission on all on-board sales and that's about it...
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:07 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by Cupart
Update:

Of course this is for the danish employees and before the 15% cut back proposed...
You also need to add the tax free per diem rates that the crew gets on top for the time they are on the road. This can be 200-300€ per trip CPH-EWR for example.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.