Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS to Tel Aviv

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2016, 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
Does anyone know if LX flies a long-haul cabin there? Might be good in J.
Yes, they should fly a longhaul cabin, the regular scheduled plane is a 330 (I think) but there are a lot of reports and complaints that LX switched to a 320 with European cabin in the last minute. They claim mechanical or whatever reasons but in the end everybody suspects they could not fill up the 330 and didn't want to have it fly half empty.
Old Mar 23, 2016, 12:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, they should fly a longhaul cabin, the regular scheduled plane is a 330 (I think) but there are a lot of reports and complaints that LX switched to a 320 with European cabin in the last minute. They claim mechanical or whatever reasons but in the end everybody suspects they could not fill up the 330 and didn't want to have it fly half empty.
(Bolding mine)

I haven't heard that nor would I suspect it. In the 2 times my A330 was subbed, I've always seen people bumped because of and the A320 still went out full.

At 170 rough seats, assume 20 people bumped, that's roughly 190 pax. The A330 is 236 - that's an 81% load
Old Mar 23, 2016, 2:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The LX schedule with their widebodies is super tight. When delays occur, the TLV rotation is switched to a A32S.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...st-minute.html
Old Mar 25, 2016, 4:09 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by helosc
Yes, I know that. I just wanted a rough idea of flight timings on each airline. Later, if I want to buy, I'll look into the different combination options.
Prefer flying only StarAlliance though, due to elite check-in, fast tracks and lounges.
And wouldn't mind the European leg being on SAS so I'll earn a few points.
The last times I used the OS VIE lounges as a Star Gold during the 7-9pm window, it's been crazy enough that I no longer care to stop by them at that time. The OS TLV-VIE flight gets in around that crazy hour time for OS lounge users. But OS TLV-VIE-CPH is better than most of the other alternatives in terms of timing and convenience when not taking the non-stop from TLV to CPH. VIE is a pretty efficient place to connect.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 8:34 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
a
Originally Posted by Houminer
you can have a combined ticket of LH/OS/LX.
Yes, I know that.......
Well, I'm not as knowledgeable as I thought I was.
Where would it be best to book combined flights LH/OS/LX?

On LH, I have the option to choose flights with partner airlines but not all combinations show up (LX doesn't seem to be offered).
On LX, I also have the option to choose flights with partner airlines but I don't like their site - they show all options without prices and then you have to click on different outbound/ inbound options to try and find a suitable price. And they don't give the OS afternoon flight as an option.
On OS, I can't find a button that allows for partner airlines so I only get OS flights. Apart from that I like their site - prices up front. And they seem to have more cheap options.

So what I would really like is to use OS' site but with an option of flights with partner airlines.

My preference at the moment is LH out (morning but not too early) and OS home (afternoon)

Last edited by helosc; Apr 1, 2016 at 8:44 am
Old Apr 1, 2016, 10:46 am

Out of the options I think the best website is the LH website - sad as it is. They definitely allow bookings on LX. I just had a LH outbound, LX inbound booked through LH.com

Best option is to call in.
Old Apr 1, 2016, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by fassy
Out of the options I think the best website is the LH website - sad as it is. They definitely allow bookings on LX. I just had a LH outbound, LX inbound booked through LH.com

Best option is to call in.
Thank you. I'll have another look at LH's site then.
Don't like phoning expecially as I don't have specific dates in mind (trying to get cheap tickets).
Old Apr 3, 2016, 12:20 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Where would it be best to book combined flights LH/OS/LX?
Travel agent?
They are not always more expensive.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 1:12 am
Suspended

Google Flights. Tweak it until you've got exactly what you want, then Google tells you where to book it.
Old Apr 3, 2016, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by Houminer
Travel agent?
They are not always more expensive.
Thank you for the suggestion. I should be able to do it myself , though. I just have to get used to searching/booking on other sites than SAS'.

Google Flights. Tweak it until you've got exactly what you want, then Google tells you where to book it.
Thank you. That is a very nice site.
It certainly gives me the choice to mix airlines. And it gives me the same sort of useful pricing matrix that Lufthansa used to have (allows me to avoid expensive day combinations).
Old Apr 4, 2016, 12:31 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I would prefer to use a TA for critical trips rather than a random OTA that google flights suggests. Much easier to address issues that may arise when irregs occur... spent hours on the phone with travelgenio, seat24 and flüge.de trying to explain them simple things they needed to do after schedule changes required revalidation of the tickets.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 5:50 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by oliver2002
I would prefer to use a TA for critical trips rather than a random OTA that google flights suggests. Much easier to address issues that may arise when irregs occur... spent hours on the phone with travelgenio, seat24 and flüge.de trying to explain them simple things they needed to do after schedule changes required revalidation of the tickets.
Google Flights isn't Kayak or a "random OTA". Google Flights provides you with options and you can then use these options - it's very much next-gen meta-searching, Oli.

I use it rather than sas.dk for business as well as pleasure - and then go to sas.dk to book the flights I want.

I could never imagine buying flight tickets from an OTA or a TA. Our travel bookers are explicitly told to buy directly from the carrier to help in case of IRROPS. Hello, internet!
Old Apr 5, 2016, 5:57 am

Google Flights isn't Kayak or a "random OTA". Google Flights provides you with options and you can then use these options - it's very much next-gen meta-searching, Oli.

I use it rather than sas.dk for business as well as pleasure - and then go to sas.dk to book the flights I want.

I could never imagine buying flight tickets from an OTA or a TA. Our travel bookers are explicitly told to buy directly from the carrier to help in case of IRROPS. Hello, internet!
But Google flights forwards you to some OTA (or often enough the booking page of LH themselves) where you can book the flights if you click the 'book now' link. Unexperienced users will then often enough book through whatever Google suggests.

If you let google help finding the flights and then punch them in where you want to book (or call) it is a mighty tool.

Last edited by fassy; Apr 5, 2016 at 6:50 am
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:01 am

Yes I found it very useful for finding options across airlines. Very nice possibilities for narrowing down results.
And I never book with a third party - not for flights, nor for hotels.
Old Apr 22, 2017, 5:05 am
ksu

Programs: SAS EBD/ *G
SAS to Israel

I spoke to a FA going back from TLV. These flights are shock-full, always. He was very disappointed they were closing the route and asked me to email SAS.

Otherwise, there's Norwegian, which doesn't cite Swedish concerns over 'the political climate' as a reason not to fly to the tech capital of, well, EMEA.
Our Danish friend's concern about supposed Swedish political resistance to SAS flights from Sweden to Israel notwithstanding, SAS has now announced a once-a-week winter only flight from Stockholm to Eilat, obviously a leisure route, probably meant to catch the Red Sea region tourists wary of going to the previously popular Egyptian resorts.

http://www.businessclass.se/sas-oppn...1b96e-62735373

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.