Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SAS to Tel Aviv

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2014, 3:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Cabin temp: the previous poster talked about A321 or 319 aircraft: you were on murrican made B73NG, which has one setting of 'chilly' so nothing much to adjust

Theoretically kids below 13 are not supposed to be near or in emergency exit rows
Old Jul 8, 2014, 4:00 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Cabin temp: the previous poster talked about A321 or 319 aircraft: you were on murrican made B73NG, which has one setting of 'chilly' so nothing much to adjust

Theoretically kids below 13 are not supposed to be near or in emergency exit rows
I prefer chilly, so I was not bothered. My wife is another type of animal, one that is perpetually cold. Fortunately she came prepared and had a hoody with to keep her warm. And yes, she did wear the hoodie in Tel Aviv...on the beach in 30+ degrees.

As for emergency exits and children...it wasn't a concern on this trip They are presumably still having fun in the US and will settle for a non-exit row C class seat in 10 days

Last edited by livious; Jul 8, 2014 at 4:33 am
Old Jul 8, 2014, 6:10 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by joshwex90
While not the same as larger planes, even "F" on most regional jets is a real "premium" cabin (based on the domestic US system)
Sometimes paid F tickets on some US regional jets have landed me in coach cabin seats as that is all they had available at check-in.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: SK-EBD
And now it is over again.

Tel Aviv (and Moscow) will be terminated from "2016" according to Check-in.dk - and confirmed by SAS in the same article.

Also to be terminated is seasonable routes: CPH-Ankara, ARN-Ankara, ARN-Pristina, GOT-Berlin, GOT-Dublin, OSL-Pristina and OSL-Salzburg.
Old Oct 16, 2015, 1:31 pm

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
Let someone else enjoy the horrible service
Old Oct 19, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Tango Alpha
And now it is over again.

Tel Aviv (and Moscow) will be terminated from "2016" according to Check-in.dk - and confirmed by SAS in the same article.

Also to be terminated is seasonable routes: CPH-Ankara, ARN-Ankara, ARN-Pristina, GOT-Berlin, GOT-Dublin, OSL-Pristina and OSL-Salzburg.
This is just temporary for S16. They will return to operate from W16. They say that the reason for the temporary suspension is crew-scheduling problems and aircraft availability.

In hebrew: http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-4713506,00.html
Old Oct 19, 2015, 1:56 pm

Programs: UA 1K; LY Gold; DL Gold; BA Bronze
SAS to Tel Aviv

And now they say it is because of the "political instability" of the area. Wow...
Old Oct 19, 2015, 10:46 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Lets not get political, one OMNI/PR OT post removed.

Regards Oliver2002
Senior Mod
Old Nov 16, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
I am now seeing DAY TIME flights CPH-TLV, TLV-CPH next year (until end of March).
Very tempting to have one last direct flight there.
Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by helosc
I am now seeing DAY TIME flights CPH-TLV, TLV-CPH next year (until end of March).
Very tempting to have one last direct flight there.
I spoke to a FA going back from TLV. These flights are shock-full, always. He was very disappointed they were closing the route and asked me to email SAS.

Otherwise, there's Norwegian, which doesn't cite Swedish concerns over 'the political climate' as a reason not to fly to the tech capital of, well, EMEA.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 8:14 am

Programs: Mainly Hilton Hhonors, SAS Eurobonus
Yes, 100% full when I have flown the route.
I think SAS' problem is that they have been selling the tickets too cheap.
Last time I paid about 1700 return in GO which is very cheap compared to prices for Intra-Europe (if you consider the flight distance).
And very good use of points, I think.
30.000 points + 351 DKK return in GO.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:14 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by helosc
Yes, 100% full when I have flown the route.
I think SAS' problem is that they have been selling the tickets too cheap.
Last time I paid about 1700 return in GO which is very cheap compared to prices for Intra-Europe (if you consider the flight distance).
And very good use of points, I think.
30.000 points + 351 DKK return in GO.
I've been back on forth in Plus a few times, tech project in the ME dragging us there. The A321 has been shock full, middle seats in Plus taken, each time. But, as they said, political reasons for pulling out.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 9:26 am
Suspended

That SK flights are often full on a route where the competition is or may turn out to be DY doesn't mean that SK is winning on a route. We've already seen that SK struggles to make money (and that is putting it generously) when SK has been competing against bigger or leaner operations.

At low enough prices, it's easier to fill up planes. But carriers aren't all in the business of operating a route in perpetuity when the carrier finds its resources better used on something else than on a route which isn't profitable enough (if at all).
Old Nov 17, 2015, 10:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder
That SK flights are often full on a route where the competition is or may turn out to be DY doesn't mean that SK is winning on a route. We've already seen that SK struggles to make money (and that is putting it generously) when SK has been competing against bigger or leaner operations.

At low enough prices, it's easier to fill up planes. But carriers aren't all in the business of operating a route in perpetuity when the carrier finds its resources better used on something else than on a route which isn't profitable enough (if at all).
Good points on economics in general. And who knows, it may come back when the largest shareholder's interests change in a few years; it's hard to ignore such a successful start-up scene, even if it's in Tel Aviv.
Old Nov 17, 2015, 11:29 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by FlyingDanishPenguin
Good points on economics in general. And who knows, it may come back when the largest shareholder's interests change in a few years; it's hard to ignore such a successful start-up scene, even if it's in Tel Aviv.
DY went in where it made sense to DY. SK's cost structure is a completely different beast than DY's, with SK seemingly losing the most from DY's expansion and taking the retreat in the face of competition. SAS's acting as if it's last great hope seems to be over in the Americas, rather than in the EMEA or further on in Asia.

LY is welcome to again start up service to/from CPH, but is it happening? In the face of DY, would LY mainline to/from CPH not struggle financially too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.