Wiki Posts
Search

Newbie question

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 1:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBB
Thank you for clearing that up.

I will book tickets in ultimo January, then I will look at FFPs.
Old Jan 30, 2012, 6:38 am

Originally Posted by tourist
Thanks for posting these links - I finally got around to getting my EB MasterCard that I've been planning to do every since they started allowing points accrual for purchases within Denmark.

Made my first purchase a few days ago, using the card at SuperBrugsen, and just noticed that they added a fee ('kortgebyr) of DK 4.53 on my purchase of DK 604.23.

I always thought it was against the TOR of accepting credit cards to charge customers an extra fee when using a card - but this is my knowledge from the U.S. Does anyone know the rules in Denmark on this? Do all / most retailers add fees when one pays with a credit card? I've used my AmEx at Ikea in Denmark and they did not charge a fee for using it.

Now I have to decide whether it's worth the miles to use the card instead of paying cash (not that the fee was substantial).

Susan
Old Jan 30, 2012, 7:13 am

Programs: Eurobonus
Originally Posted by SusanDK
Thanks for posting these links - I finally got around to getting my EB MasterCard that I've been planning to do every since they started allowing points accrual for purchases within Denmark.

Made my first purchase a few days ago, using the card at SuperBrugsen, and just noticed that they added a fee ('kortgebyr) of DK 4.53 on my purchase of DK 604.23.

I always thought it was against the TOR of accepting credit cards to charge customers an extra fee when using a card - but this is my knowledge from the U.S. Does anyone know the rules in Denmark on this? Do all / most retailers add fees when one pays with a credit card? I've used my AmEx at Ikea in Denmark and they did not charge a fee for using it.

Now I have to decide whether it's worth the miles to use the card instead of paying cash (not that the fee was substantial).

Susan
In danish...

http://www.kfst.dk/konkurrenceomraad...fysisk-handel/
Old Jan 30, 2012, 8:27 am

Thanks for the link. I should have known that there would be catch.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.