Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Checking Star Alliance upgrade availability on SK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2011, 11:12 am
Original Poster

I am travelling from EWR-OSL at the end of June, returning OSL-CPH-EWR. I am booked in B class (Economy Extra) and would like to upgrade using my Aeroplan miles. However, when I request a Star Alliance upgrade on the Aeroplan site it says "Inventory not available.".

Can I monitor availability with ExpertFlyer or KVS to be notified if a seat opens up? What are my chances of an upgrade?

Thanks for the advice... looking forward to my first trip on SK.
Old May 22, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: AC Elite *G :: LH Sen *G :: IC Royal Amb :: PC Plat :: HH Diamond
Unfortunately Expertflyer doesn’t show award inventory for SK (*A upgrades uses the same inventory as regular awards). Checking award availability on Scandinavian.net could be one way but I’m not sure it shows cabin availability unless one has enough EuroBonus miles to actually pay for the ticket?
Old May 22, 2011, 2:23 pm
KVS
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Arrow

Originally Posted by Gustaf
Unfortunately Expertflyer doesn’t show award inventory for SK (*A upgrades uses the same inventory as regular awards).
Originally Posted by YZF_Flyer
I am travelling from EWR-OSL at the end of June, returning OSL-CPH-EWR. I am booked in B class (Economy Extra) and would like to upgrade using my Aeroplan miles. However, when I request a Star Alliance upgrade on the Aeroplan site it says "Inventory not available.".

Can I monitor availability with ExpertFlyer or KVS to be notified if a seat opens up?
The KVS Tool supports Award Availability on all Star Alliance member carriers: http://Help.KVSTool.com/#Classes

You can add your itinerary to the [My Trips] Tab and periodically check the Award/Upgrade Availability for your SK flights.
Old May 22, 2011, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Unfortunately Expertflyer doesn’t show award inventory for SK (*A upgrades uses the same inventory as regular awards).
Thanks. I assume the chance of SK releasing more business award seats is very low?
Old May 25, 2011, 9:21 am

Checking award availability on Scandinavian.net could be one way but I’m not sure it shows cabin availability unless one has enough EuroBonus miles to actually pay for the ticket?
SAS site will show availability - even if you do not have the points for that class. No SK award seat to EWR until at least mid July (did not check further) though.

Go for Optiontown to secure you upgrade - a mid summer flight should reasonable chances of clearing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.