Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

One Way ticket on star alliance fligths using points

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2011, 3:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBG, Hhonours Silver, Starwood Plat, Hertz#1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum, Marriott Gold

Just wondered if any one new if it was possible to book a one way ticket using my eurobonus points ?

Thanks in advance
Old Jan 29, 2011, 7:43 pm

Originally Posted by BHSA
Just wondered if any one new if it was possible to book a one way ticket using my eurobonus points ?

Thanks in advance
Yup, you can book one-way awards with SAS, Blue1, Wideroe, Estonian Air and Cimber Sterling.
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:06 am

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
http://www.sas.no/upload/Eurobonus/Chart%20SA_AA_2.pdf
Old Jan 30, 2011, 3:53 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
But if you mean Star Alliance flights (as written in the title, i.e. not SAS and SAS partners) I think the answer would be no.

But of course you can always skip the return leg, but it would be a waste of points IMO.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG, Hhonours Silver, Starwood Plat, Hertz#1 Gold Five Star, Sixt Platinum, Marriott Gold
I was looking for one way tickets on non SAS metal yes, but I gues my initial asumption was correct that this was not possible. To bad I have to see what I doo then. Thanks for the feedback.
Old May 18, 2011, 3:09 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Cool info, flysas.com was giving me the go around on this. I'm looking for a Europe - North America business one way award for a child, so I guess the return for an adult (110k) becomes 55k for a child (2-11yr), and if I book the return in economy its (55+35)/2=45k?

Worth a try to call? Or will the call center be completely confused?
Old May 19, 2011, 3:03 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

rats, its seems the pdf is not correctly worded, no CHD discount on *A metal
Old May 19, 2011, 11:28 am

The PDF is not clear, I agree.
As most other airlines in *A, SAS is trying to get their own members to use points on their own flights instead of partners.
Child discount, Amex burnoff vouchers, oneways, Y+... only available with awards that doesn´t include any partner carrier. Also the points requirements is lower on SAS metal compared to partners.
Old May 19, 2011, 11:53 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by SK_RSJ
The PDF is not clear, I agree.
As most other airlines in *A, SAS is trying to get their own members to use points on their own flights instead of partners.
Child discount, Amex burnoff vouchers, oneways, Y+... only available with awards that doesn´t include any partner carrier. Also the points requirements is lower on SAS metal compared to partners.
If they want me too use my miles on them they have to offer more seats in C.
Old May 20, 2011, 12:59 am

Solved my child ticket by calling M&M/LH, WL for I and clearing in seconds. ^ CHD discount there is only 25% though and a TATL I award 105k, so the OW CHD in Business cost me 39k

Still on the hunt to find a way to get a OW award on LH O for the love of my life, could do the same for her, but need to burn 40 of my 85k EB points that expire this year. Off to coupon connection I go!
Old May 24, 2011, 2:20 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Gold (*A Gold)
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Off to coupon connection I go!
It might be because you didn't mean to link... but when I follow my curiosity... and click on the coupon-connection link I get this sad message "You do not have permission to access this page"
Old May 25, 2011, 7:51 am

Programs: SAS EBG, Flying Blu Gold, Etihad Gold
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Cool info, flysas.com was giving me the go around on this. I'm looking for a Europe - North America business one way award for a child, so I guess the return for an adult (110k) becomes 55k for a child (2-11yr), and if I book the return in economy its (55+35)/2=45k?

Worth a try to call? Or will the call center be completely confused?
Oliver, a one-way in C with SK for chd from Germany to US goes for 27 000 points and no fuel surcharge.., if you find any C seats!
Old May 25, 2011, 1:06 pm

Programs: TK M&S Elite (*G), SK EB Silver, various more or less shiny hotel cards
Originally Posted by Bastholm
It might be because you didn't mean to link... but when I follow my curiosity... and click on the coupon-connection link I get this sad message "You do not have permission to access this page"
You have to increase your post count on FT before you're given access to CC.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.