Wiki Posts
Search

SAS experience

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2010, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
SAS experience

Though based in Brussels, I have flown SAS a few times lately eco flex and biz and are just amazed about 2 things:

The poor service by the cabin attendants in general
The crappy crappy food. One thing is you always gets cold food, and not like cold, but like just taken out of the fridge, but it also tastes horrible

Did Swiss and SAS today in C, what a difference
Old Nov 24, 2010, 10:26 pm

Programs: SK EBG, LH SEN.
Depend a lot on which sk riute, if you do c out of cph to Bru sk probably serve the comd. Meal which indeed is much worse then hot c meal on most routes out of sweden and norway. CPH-BRU is quite a short route, like ZRH-VIE which I did recently, LX servibg om shorter routed is in my opinion neither hot, and usually only snack/sandwitch?

SK crew might be more hit or miss then Swiss though...
Old Nov 25, 2010, 1:25 am

Programs: SK*D; Accor & Starwood Plat
I take SK in C often to Munich or Frankfurt and I would say the food served is pretty good. Better than SN in my opinion but then it comes to what one can like.

As for cabin staff, this has been discussed at length here, although I do see some improvements, it remains very often the case when you have the impression you are here to serve them and not the other way around.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 4:21 am

Programs: Eurobonus Pandion, Flying Blue, Thon, Sixt Car Rental, Hilton Honors, A-Club
I have been flying with SAS for many years, and I must say I feel the attitude from the crew has been changing, to the better. I usually get a nice welcome, they are helpful, and most seems to truly care for the passenger. When it comes to the food I would say SAS is better than many other airlines. I flew Air France two weeks ago, OLS-CDG, on buiness on an early morning flight, and they didnt even have juice to serve. Lufthansa do not serve hot food in business on the shorter flights where SAS do (OSL-FRA). Most often I alos enjoy the cold food on shorter flights (e.g. CPH-BRU), but I hope they soon will make the hot rolls more "exciting".
Old Nov 25, 2010, 5:43 am

Programs: SAS Eurobonus Gold, Hilton Diamond
Must admit that Im in general not very impressed with C-class food in Europe, but to my experience SK will give Swiss a good run anytime - I've personally had some real crappy experiences onboard Swiss(much worse than what I've tried onboard SK).
As for CA's it's an interesting observation - as I was just mentioning the SK CA's the other day after being onboard EK's A380 FC. Whilst a vey nice product, the CA's on EK FC don't beat the SK crew.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 7:08 am

I Think, that it is the human factor that counts from the CA and not the airline. Besides BA, where I haven`t seen that factor yet :-). The food is rubbish on all European routes and airlines, I have tried. But I must say that onboard service vice in Europe, Swiss is my favourite. Fly a lot from LCY to ZRH and the service from Swiss CA`s is superb. (Try to choose Swiss and not BA). Regarding SAS I agree with HansWest that the service has improved lately, but from a very fatigued point. Where SAS scores my points is there travel agency. Always good service.
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: SK EBG; AY Gold; BT Vip; M&M Frequent Traveller
Originally Posted by kriscastell
I Think, that it is the human factor that counts from the CA and not the airline. Besides BA, where I haven`t seen that factor yet :-). The food is rubbish on all European routes and airlines, I have tried. But I must say that onboard service vice in Europe, Swiss is my favourite. Fly a lot from LCY to ZRH and the service from Swiss CA`s is superb. (Try to choose Swiss and not BA). Regarding SAS I agree with HansWest that the service has improved lately, but from a very fatigued point. Where SAS scores my points is there travel agency. Always good service.
I experienced this last month the business class on the route from Milano to:
Riga by AirBaltic(B737)newspapers and magazines , old plane but personal video entertainment
Helsinki by Finnair(A319)newspapers, new plane with monitor
Stockholm by SAS(B737)newspapers and magazines, old plane
the human factor makes difference but the average for all 3 was good. Pursers were always taking care of me but not special recognition to me even if gold member in all the 3 frequent flyer programs.
Warm food was good for all 3 . particularity of Finnair is that they give the menu before to serve it.
I have to mention the fact that Lufthansa Italia MIL-ARN has a food quality in economy superior to the business of the 3 airlines mentioned before. Only Lufthansa Italia not Lufthansa mainline
Old Nov 25, 2010, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
legs was ist-zrh (swiss) and zrh-cph (sas).

2 pandions on plane I could see btw and marked on list, that the p in eco, didnt have to pay for bob

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.