Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

SAS Eurobonus American Express Elite

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2010, 5:26 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, EBG, USAir Silver

Hi!

I have a the regular SAS Amex today but received an invitation for the Elite card. What I could see in the invitation there are some lifestyle benefits and slightly difference in insurance. However, are there any differences in benfits with SAS?

/J
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:13 am

Programs: Eurobonus EBD, BW Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, IHG Plat Amb, HH Diamond
Elite

I also got this, but found no SAS benifits nor more points so I put in the bin, I would like to see at least 25 / 100 SEK or 30 for an Elite card. Lifestyle benifits not my style but leet, sure
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:15 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Interesting, do you guys have a link or something?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:36 am
Original Poster

It was a regular mail to my home with a nice folder about lifestyle benefits (very similar to the benefits for Amex Platinum). However, no word about benefits with SAS. The cost for the card is 3500 SEK per year and this fee is not waived even if you are a Platinum card member. They only give the basic SAS card for free to Platinum card holders.

The Amex representative I talked to said there are benefits with SAS with the Elite card but she didn't know what they are.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 7:44 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Can you have your EBG card co-branded with the AmEx Elite?
Old Nov 18, 2010, 8:53 am

Programs: EBG
I did the same with my invitation, in the bin! The reason we are getting these invitations is that when a customer is spending over a certain limit the regular annual fee of SEK 1000 does not cover their expenses why they have to make you pay more, ie SEK 3500. The benefits are in my opinion just crap.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 9:39 am
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
Any indication on what the annual spending limit would be to get this "offer"?
Old Nov 19, 2010, 2:30 am
Original Poster

My spending is about 500 KSEK this year.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 2:53 am

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe
Can you have your EBG card co-branded with the AmEx Elite?
The more important question for me: Can you have an EBG card as a benefit by getting the AmEx Elite?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: EBD & Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by tsastor
The more important question for me: Can you have an EBG card as a benefit by getting the AmEx Elite?
No, the AmEx Elite card will be linked with your EB account at the current level of membership (EB Basic, Silver etc).
Old Nov 22, 2010, 7:33 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by jth
Any indication on what the annual spending limit would be to get this "offer"?
I'm currently trailing at annual spend of ~400K SEK
Old Nov 22, 2010, 6:57 pm

Programs: Cutting down :-(
Originally Posted by Ambler warning
I did the same with my invitation, in the bin! The reason we are getting these invitations is that when a customer is spending over a certain limit the regular annual fee of SEK 1000 does not cover their expenses why they have to make you pay more, ie SEK 3500. The benefits are in my opinion just crap.
The expenses???? Credit card companies make most of their money on merchant fees (between 2%-5% of any purchase). The more you spend the more they make. The annual fee is there to increase loyalty. The higher the fee the more likely a customer will stay loyal, whence more money from merchant fees. To my knowledge, sign-up bonuses is the only thing a credit card will spend money on. Such bonuses are meant to get new customers, and if successful then the initial expense will quickly be offset by merchant fees.
Old Nov 23, 2010, 2:39 am

Programs: EB / FB / Topbonus
Originally Posted by cvarming
The expenses???? Credit card companies make most of their money on merchant fees (between 2%-5% of any purchase). The more you spend the more they make. The annual fee is there to increase loyalty. The higher the fee the more likely a customer will stay loyal, whence more money from merchant fees. To my knowledge, sign-up bonuses is the only thing a credit card will spend money on. Such bonuses are meant to get new customers, and if successful then the initial expense will quickly be offset by merchant fees.
Well, they also lose some money by paying the bills in "advance". But, yea, they earn a lot of money and the fact to pay an annual fee for a credit card is a bit ridiculous IMHO. In Germany, VISA cards are for free for anyone (with Postbank/DKB). However almost no supermarket allow these regular credit cards since they have to pay so much for it. Its a little bit strange that electronic cash isn't more popular in Scandinavia, it would had made the food cheaper...
Old Nov 23, 2010, 4:43 am

Programs: EBG, HH Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by daniel-andersson
Its a little bit strange that electronic cash isn't more popular in Scandinavia, it would had made the food cheaper...
??? You must be referring to Sweden then. In Norway almost everyone use the "bankcard" for nearly all payments, even rather small amounts like 10 - 50 NOK! ( Bankcard is double with Visa if not on-line access, which is very rare! )
Old Nov 23, 2010, 1:46 pm

Programs: AY, BT, DY and SK. Scandic, Radisson, Marriott and HHonors. ClubONE
Originally Posted by 3cseat
??? You must be referring to Sweden then. In Norway almost everyone use the "bankcard" for nearly all payments, even rather small amounts like 10 - 50 NOK! ( Bankcard is double with Visa if not on-line access, which is very rare! )
To me true electronic cash is something you have downloaded on the chip of your card. Bankcard with on-line access comes close but is still another thing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.