FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   SAS | EuroBonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus-499/)
-   -   SAS Eurobonus American Express Elite (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-eurobonus/1149580-sas-eurobonus-american-express-elite.html)

GroupController Nov 18, 2010 5:26 am

SAS Eurobonus American Express Elite

Hi!

I have a the regular SAS Amex today but received an invitation for the Elite card. What I could see in the invitation there are some lifestyle benefits and slightly difference in insurance. However, are there any differences in benfits with SAS?

/J

jumbooze Nov 18, 2010 7:13 am

Elite

I also got this, but found no SAS benifits nor more points so I put in the bin, I would like to see at least 25 / 100 SEK or 30 for an Elite card. Lifestyle benifits not my style but leet, sure :D

Robbiedeluxe Nov 18, 2010 7:15 am

Interesting, do you guys have a link or something?

GroupController Nov 18, 2010 7:36 am

It was a regular mail to my home with a nice folder about lifestyle benefits (very similar to the benefits for Amex Platinum). However, no word about benefits with SAS. The cost for the card is 3500 SEK per year and this fee is not waived even if you are a Platinum card member. They only give the basic SAS card for free to Platinum card holders.

The Amex representative I talked to said there are benefits with SAS with the Elite card but she didn't know what they are.

Robbiedeluxe Nov 18, 2010 7:44 am

Can you have your EBG card co-branded with the AmEx Elite?

Ambler warning Nov 18, 2010 8:53 am

I did the same with my invitation, in the bin! The reason we are getting these invitations is that when a customer is spending over a certain limit the regular annual fee of SEK 1000 does not cover their expenses why they have to make you pay more, ie SEK 3500. The benefits are in my opinion just crap.

jth Nov 18, 2010 9:39 am

Any indication on what the annual spending limit would be to get this "offer"?

GroupController Nov 19, 2010 2:30 am

My spending is about 500 KSEK this year.

tsastor Nov 19, 2010 2:53 am

Originally Posted by Robbiedeluxe (Post 15186475)
Can you have your EBG card co-branded with the AmEx Elite?

The more important question for me: Can you have an EBG card as a benefit by getting the AmEx Elite?

Paby Nov 21, 2010 9:59 am

Originally Posted by tsastor (Post 15199276)
The more important question for me: Can you have an EBG card as a benefit by getting the AmEx Elite?

No, the AmEx Elite card will be linked with your EB account at the current level of membership (EB Basic, Silver etc).

Ambler warning Nov 22, 2010 7:33 am

Originally Posted by jth (Post 15188058)
Any indication on what the annual spending limit would be to get this "offer"?

I'm currently trailing at annual spend of ~400K SEK

cvarming Nov 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Ambler warning (Post 15187401)
I did the same with my invitation, in the bin! The reason we are getting these invitations is that when a customer is spending over a certain limit the regular annual fee of SEK 1000 does not cover their expenses why they have to make you pay more, ie SEK 3500. The benefits are in my opinion just crap.

The expenses???? Credit card companies make most of their money on merchant fees (between 2%-5% of any purchase). The more you spend the more they make. The annual fee is there to increase loyalty. The higher the fee the more likely a customer will stay loyal, whence more money from merchant fees. To my knowledge, sign-up bonuses is the only thing a credit card will spend money on. Such bonuses are meant to get new customers, and if successful then the initial expense will quickly be offset by merchant fees.

daniel-andersson Nov 23, 2010 2:39 am

Originally Posted by cvarming (Post 15246006)
The expenses???? Credit card companies make most of their money on merchant fees (between 2%-5% of any purchase). The more you spend the more they make. The annual fee is there to increase loyalty. The higher the fee the more likely a customer will stay loyal, whence more money from merchant fees. To my knowledge, sign-up bonuses is the only thing a credit card will spend money on. Such bonuses are meant to get new customers, and if successful then the initial expense will quickly be offset by merchant fees.

Well, they also lose some money by paying the bills in "advance". But, yea, they earn a lot of money and the fact to pay an annual fee for a credit card is a bit ridiculous IMHO. In Germany, VISA cards are for free for anyone (with Postbank/DKB). However almost no supermarket allow these regular credit cards since they have to pay so much for it. Its a little bit strange that electronic cash isn't more popular in Scandinavia, it would had made the food cheaper...

3cseat Nov 23, 2010 4:43 am

Originally Posted by daniel-andersson (Post 15249877)
Its a little bit strange that electronic cash isn't more popular in Scandinavia, it would had made the food cheaper...

??? You must be referring to Sweden then. In Norway almost everyone use the "bankcard" for nearly all payments, even rather small amounts like 10 - 50 NOK! ( Bankcard is double with Visa if not on-line access, which is very rare! )

tsastor Nov 23, 2010 1:46 pm

Originally Posted by 3cseat (Post 15250586)
??? You must be referring to Sweden then. In Norway almost everyone use the "bankcard" for nearly all payments, even rather small amounts like 10 - 50 NOK! ( Bankcard is double with Visa if not on-line access, which is very rare! )

To me true electronic cash is something you have downloaded on the chip of your card. Bankcard with on-line access comes close but is still another thing.