Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

OT: Double Points with US Airways

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OT: Double Points with US Airways

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:02 pm

Programs: EBG, Club Carlson Gold, Frequent Flyer, SPG, Gold Points
So you buy points, for example 100K and they will be credited to US Airways FF program Dividen Miles?

How do you book ARN-SYD? Is it still 150k miles in F?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:14 pm
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by *RTW*
So you buy points, for example 100K and they will be credited to US Airways FF program Dividen Miles?

How do you book ARN-SYD? Is it still 150k miles in F?
Yes and yes. Book by calling US.

But max is 50k + bonus. Buy more at regular price.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by travelkid
Yes and yes. Book by calling US.

But max is 50k + bonus. Buy more at regular price.
Thanks for reply!

Is it then ARN-BKK-SYD route SK/TG or ?
Old Feb 17, 2011, 2:45 pm
Suspended

Thanks for reply!

Is it then ARN-BKK-SYD route SK/TG or ?
As I doubt you have F on ARN-BKK its rather ARN-ZRH/MUC/FRA/IST-BKK-SYD

LH/LX/TK F
Old Feb 17, 2011, 4:19 pm

†25% additional bonus offer: Dividend Miles members based in the 50 United States and Puerto Rico can earn an additional 25% bonus on their "buy miles" purchase by downloading, installing and completing at least three valid searches using the Dividend Miles Toolbar during the above dates. To qualify, a member's Dividend Miles account must have been registered with a United States or Puerto Rico address on 2/1/2011. Members who did not have a United States or Puerto Rico address on file as of 2/1/2011 are not eligible to receive the 25% additional bonus regardless of address updates. 25% additional bonus miles will post 5-10 days after eligible members have completed a qualifying "buy miles" transaction and valid Dividend Miles Toolbar search.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 1:01 am

It's pretty much the double miles offer again with some added hoops to get those last percentages. I still have 100K sitting in my account, wondering if I should add another 100k to get me and my lovely GF to Hawaii. Anyone experienced booking two tickets with their dividend miles?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by charlesswe
25% additional bonus offer: Dividend Miles members based in the 50 United States and Puerto Rico can earn an additional 25% bonus on their "buy miles" purchase by downloading, installing and completing at least three valid searches using the Dividend Miles Toolbar during the above dates. To qualify, a member's Dividend Miles account must have been registered with a United States or Puerto Rico address on 2/1/2011. Members who did not have a United States or Puerto Rico address on file as of 2/1/2011 are not eligible to receive the 25% additional bonus regardless of address updates. 25% additional bonus miles will post 5-10 days after eligible members have completed a qualifying "buy miles" transaction and valid Dividend Miles Toolbar search.
meaning, changing the address on your profile won't help
Old Feb 18, 2011, 2:19 am

Oh, good catch HB! I don't think I'll bother this time around then, the offer is only worth it at 100% bonus.
Old Feb 18, 2011, 4:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SocialAdept
It's pretty much the double miles offer again with some added hoops to get those last percentages. I still have 100K sitting in my account, wondering if I should add another 100k to get me and my lovely GF to Hawaii. Anyone experienced booking two tickets with their dividend miles?
Probably a few hundred thousands. Guess at least 1000 of them have posted on US forum. Me included redeemed close to a couple MM on US through their wild promos.

Easier to follow the discussion on the thread I started on US forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...31-2011-a.html

Last edited by travelkid; Feb 18, 2011 at 4:49 am Reason: added link
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:00 am

One thing I don't understand is when reading the topic on US Airways forum that people are flying so many segments eventhough only 1 stopover (previously 2) is allowed?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:03 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
One thing I don't understand is when reading the topic on US Airways forum that people are flying so many segments eventhough only 1 stopover (previously 2) is allowed?
Maximize F hours in the sky? Bottles of Dom?
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by Bjornstrom
Maximize F hours in the sky? Bottles of Dom?
Could be, but I would be maximising time on ground instead of flying as you are using points, not gaining
Old Feb 18, 2011, 7:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by SocialAdept
Have many layovers, allowing you a 24h city trip each place. Plus adding some hotel promos maybe (like Hyatt or PC stay 2 get 1).
Old Feb 18, 2011, 8:25 am

What travelkid said, also because some US agents will occasionally say there's no availability on F on a certain stretch when in fact there is if routed through X-Y-Z.
Old Jun 8, 2011, 3:59 am

Programs: SK*G & Centurion
Here we go again!

http://boardingarea.com/blogs/viewfr...miles-is-back/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.