Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Blue1 to replace fleet with 717's [in 2010] [and phase out in 2015-16]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Blue1 to replace fleet with 717's [in 2010] [and phase out in 2015-16]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: Eurobonus Pandion, Flying Blue, Thon, Sixt Car Rental, Hilton Honors, A-Club
Won´t miss OH-SAR and OH-SAQ

I once flew CPH-HEL with OH-SAR, was rebooked, got seat 1E, terrible. The AVRO is not made for six seats in row...
Old Dec 9, 2010, 6:50 am

Programs: Eurobonus Pandion, Flying Blue, Thon, Sixt Car Rental, Hilton Honors, A-Club
I look forward to the day KF is no longer using the leased AVR with six seats in the row, flew CPH-HEL in seat 1E once, will NEVER do that again!
Old Dec 9, 2010, 6:51 am

I think they are leased from BritAir?
Old Dec 9, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: SK*G
I totally agree that those two avro's OH-SAR and OH-SAQ were quite terrible with the six seats in row arrangement. But the good news is that those birds are not in the fleet anymore and it looks like they've also updated the fleet section on their website

Aircraft type, Register, Name, Capacity

Boeing 717-200 OH-BLM Spring Rain CM 115
Boeing 717-200 OH-BLJ Pearl Mist CM 115
Boeing 717-200 OH-BLG Blue Flow CM 115
Boeing 717-200 OH-BLI Sky Trickle CM 115
Boeing 717-200 OH-BLH Summer Spring CM 115

Bae Avro RJ-85 OH-SAJ Pyhäselkä CM 84
Bae Avro RJ-85 OH-SAK Näsijärvi CM 84
Bae Avro RJ-85 OH-SAL Orivesi CM 84
Bae Avro RJ-85 OH-SAO Oulunjärvi CM 84
Bae Avro RJ-85 OH-SAP Pielinen CM 84

Last edited by blue192; Dec 9, 2010 at 8:04 am
Old Dec 9, 2010, 4:19 pm

Programs: SK-EBD
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Quantum had 5, Spanair has 4. Maybe KF will get those...
Yes. Four of them (EC-KRO, EC-KFR, EC-KHX and EC-KNE) will be returned from Spanair to the SAS Group and go to Blue1 according to Flight Global.
Old Dec 9, 2010, 4:23 pm

Programs: SAS EB, BA EC, ANA MC, Norwegian Reward
Originally Posted by hanswest
I look forward to the day KF is no longer using the leased AVR with six seats in the row, flew CPH-HEL in seat 1E once, will NEVER do that again!
Assuming the same frequency your next post on the CPH-HEL Avro 6 seater experience will be early March 2011?
Old Dec 20, 2010, 3:53 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Angry Arrrgh! KF quietly replaces 717 service with wetlease JG 733 aircraft

With reference to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sas-e...ew-livery.html

I looked forward to fly KF again and booked the family on KF790 MUC-HEL to fly north for xmas.

In preparation for the snow chaos I checked the flights today and it seems KF is swapping out 717 service to CPH, BRU, OSL and MUC with Jet Time (JG), a charter from DK Their aircraft are vintage 733s:
http://airfleets.net/flottecie/Jettime.htm

What is the worst is that KF has not informed me of the change of operator. In Amadeus I can also not see who is operating the flight, only the 733 equiment is the indicator that made me suspicious and I checked on flightstats to get the JG info:
http://www.flightstats.com/go/Flight...2-21&x=13&y=16

I'm really ticked off... I have no interest to experiment with a charter airline flying wetlease for KF when travelling with a family and needing to be somewhat on time to get my connecting flight from HEL to KEM... trying to get SK/KF to get me rebooked onto LH's earlier flight.@:-)
Old Dec 20, 2010, 4:58 am

Programs: EBG4Life, EBD, 1MM
Best of luck on getting rebooked. I can understand your frustration. Hopefully you arrive ontime no matter what airline you end up with.

Enjoy the holidays up north! I have the inlaws flying the opposite direction and will try to make a proper Swedish Christmas in Austria.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 3:12 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.216 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/114)

Ok, so no dice getting a rebook. All looked on time when we left home, by the time we got to the airport the flight was delayed by 2 hours just like that. AY is on time, the previous LH flight by only 33 mins
At no point did the checkin inform me about the flight being operated by Jettime. The BP says operated by Spanair. LH's DCS has a note that its operated by 'Jet time free seating C/Cl allowed to board first.' The lady at checkin had no clue what was going on and called the gate to let them know I'm travelling with two kids. As its a bus gate its a moot point. Now I'm really pissed. Our 2h30min connection in HEL is basically gone, telling me that i will stay behind trying to get the luggage and find the next available flight.
Old Dec 21, 2010, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Bonvoy Gold, HH Diamond, PriorityPass, AX Plat
Hope you'll find your way to your destination as soon as possible anyway - enjoy Finland at Christmas Oliver! It's definitely a White Christmas this year ^
Old Dec 21, 2010, 8:11 am

Update: arrived in HEL 5 mins before the KEM gate closed. Blown away by the flexibility and helpfulness of the FC staff. My family was boarded and I got rebooked onto the next flight for free. I went and collected the luggage from KF and went to the FC checkin to leave the luggage. They already knew that I was coming and check in 5 pieces onto one pax for no charge. The special luggage counter for the car seats and stroller was not occupied and the FC lady closed her counter, walked over to the counter and made me leave my stuff there while personally hunted down the person responsible for the counter (5-6 other were waiting there already).^^^^

Of course SAS @ HEL is showing its best side: tried to enter the Scandi lounge and got thrown out with 'only for departing pax' I tried to argue that I'm stuck at HEL for two hours because their flight was late, but no dice.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: SK Diamond, LH SEN, KL Ivory, AY Basic, OZ silver
Not really long haul upgrades, but more of a total fleet 'update' (and probably already long known to all of you), but I just found out that SK sold off all the 717's and replaces them with 736, while still maintaining the KF brand.

I find that sad, as the 717 was a very nice bird on those occasions I managed to get on board.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 3:45 am

Originally Posted by UltraRant
Not really long haul upgrades, but more of a total fleet 'update' (and probably already long known to all of you), but I just found out that SK sold off all the 717's and replaces them with 736, while still maintaining the KF brand.

I find that sad, as the 717 was a very nice bird on those occasions I managed to get on board.
Yes, will miss them - like the MD-80s

But it makes sense to reduce the number of different models to a meaningful minimum to save on costs for training, parts, service etc.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 6:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: JAL Metal Card (OWE), SAS Eurobonus Gold (*G), Marriott Titanium (LTP), Tokyu Hotels Platinum
Originally Posted by fassy
Yes, will miss them - like the MD-80s

But it makes sense to reduce the number of different models to a meaningful minimum to save on costs for training, parts, service etc.
The fuel efficiency, or lack there off, is the challenge of the 737-600. Which is probably why it happens right now with oil prices at almost rock bottom. I guess they are crossing fingers for that to remain for a while....
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:33 am

Programs: EuroBonus Diamond, Delta Skymiles 360, BAEC LTG, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by UltraRant

Still widely in use on ARN-HEL, about to board one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.