Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > SAS | EuroBonus
Reload this Page >

Volcanic ash disrupts airtravel in Northern Europe

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Volcanic ash disrupts airtravel in Northern Europe

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:08 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Braniff
You're basing this on normal routings. The Icelandair flights from AMS & FRA yesterday took 4-5 hours instead of the normal 2-3 hours. I believe a closure at KEF would close down most TATL flights...
Too bad that the actual flight miles credited to an account aren't based upon actual distance flown in cases like this -- but then again the reward is in the trip being accomplished successfully instead of being grounded.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:09 am

Programs: EBG
ARN supposed to open at 02:00 AM according to SK as I called to get a ticket refund. One could always hope, though sadly, by then I will have enjoyed most of Sweden through the windshield of a rental car...
Old Apr 16, 2010, 5:52 am
HPS

Hello!

I have a trip booked with SK/JP tomorrow though it's SK callsign all the way.

The trip was booked on a travel agent online, though they only have telephontime 10-12 so I can't get in touch with them.

Routing is GOT-CPH-LJU flight numbers: SK1436-SK8901.

I don't know what to do, can anyone help me? How about rebooking? I've tried to get in touch with the travel agent though no response, would SAS help me?

I see already now that SK1436 is cancelled tomorrow, so what to do? Will my ticket get lost?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:07 am

Programs: LH SEN, SN Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche, BA, QF, AF
You can definitely get your money back if you don't travel. They will also offer you to rebook for free on a later date. If you need to be in LJU within the next few days, you will not have any other option than taking a train or car though.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:18 am

Programs: SK*G, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 Gold
We got in on QR31 DOH-ARN at 14:00 yesterday and when we landed the captain said that all connecting flights had been cancelled due to vulcanic ash.

We were probably one of the last long-haul flights touching down on ARN?
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:18 am
jth

Programs: SK EBS, BAEC blue, SPG
Originally Posted by HPS
Hello!

I have a trip booked with SK/JP tomorrow though it's SK callsign all the way.
Your thin hope might be that CPH opens up, if you manage to get from GOT to CPH by train or car.
The problems if that the ash clouds moves south-east, so i wouldn't give your CPH-LJU flight a big chance. Lastest reports says ARN might open tomorrow, but if everything south is closed still, there won't be many places to fly to anyway.
You should be eligible for a refund/rebooking.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 6:37 am

Programs: SAS Gold, FB Gold, BA Gold, EY Silver
The flights today have now been cancelled so I have just started my 8 hour journey home.
Trying to get some work done which is not easy on a completely packed train. There are also many Norwegians here trying to get to Oslo, the long way.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 7:20 am

Programs: BAEC, SAS EBS, Miles&More
Was supposed to fly LHR-ARN this evening but it now looks like the best I can hope for is Monday. Does anyone know which numbers are best to try and get through on i.e. shortest queuing time (I appreciate it won't be quick). Booked via the website.

Boss has already generously offered me the chance to work on Saturday as I'm stuck
Old Apr 16, 2010, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS
Just recieved an sms that my ARN-CPH noon flight tomorrow (April 17) has been cancelled.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

My trip ORD-SFO upstairs on a 747 this afternoon looks to be on time

Best of luck, all.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: SAS
Seems SAS has decided to keep the fleet on the ground until at least 13.00 hours (1pm) tomorrow April 17:

news link: (In Danish)

http://www.dr.dk/Nyheder/Indland/2010/04/16/163631.htm
Old Apr 16, 2010, 10:05 am

Programs: EY Silver, SPG Platinum
My ATH-CPH-ARN flights today were cancelled and are tomorrow also. As I need to be in DUB for Monday and am not too optimistic about ARN/CPH/FRA airports on Sunday I rebooked with MA via BUD - so another 2 days in Athens and possibly some more days in Budapest.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Stuck in Paris?

Update, April 16 2010 18:25 CET

Buses from Paris to Copenhagen

SAS has two buses departing from Paris to Copenhagen tonight 16 April. The buses will leave from SAS terminal 1 at 22.00 local time and arrive in Copenhagen on Saturday morning. Onward transportation from Copenhagen is the passengers own responsibility.

To get a seat, please call +33 1 46 93 28 56 to be registered. Homebound passengers are prioritised. You need a confirmation to get a seat on the bus.
Old Apr 16, 2010, 12:56 pm
HPS

Thanks for your help!

Managed to get in touch with the TA and got booked to LJU though routing via FRA instead, but in next week instead.

Hoping that it will get better by then!
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:13 pm

Programs: *G, used to be with TK but left due to their corruption and political ties
Today has been extremely busy due to all the cancellations. We have had to rebook passengers all day and I am finally about to go home after 4,5h of overtime though there is enough work here now for me to stay the whole weekend...

Still, I'd rather be busy in the office than stuck a long way from home.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.