Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Top restaurant wine deals-- half price nights, free corkage, etc...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2009, 1:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA MM, AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTP, HH Dia

I apologize if it's been started already, but I thought a thread sharing high-end restaurant wine nights, as well as well-priced bottles would be particularly useful... especially for me, as I prefer not to cook.

As examples,

Each July the Lark Creek Restaurant Group (One Market, Lark Creek Steak, etc) has half price on all of their wine lists... they have some pretty high-priced offerings (Abreu Madrona, Shafer Hillside, Leonetti Reserve last year), which turn out to be great deals (and cheaper than retail) at half off.

Morton's (both SJ and SF) have had Beringer Private Reserve (first the 1999, now the 2003) for $76/bottle for the last couple of years-- you need to look on their "by the glass" or bar menu to find it, or you'll end up ordering another year for more than twice the price. At $76, this is less than retail, and considerably less than the $100/bottle they charge non-members at the winery.

La Folie, Boulevard (confirmed again last night), and many others waive corkage if you buy a bottle from their list-- works with half bottles of champage to start, too...

If you've come across any awesome deals recently, or just excellently priced wine lists (they should be plentiful in this economy), feel free to share!

-PS9A
Old Jun 17, 2009, 2:41 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
not sure of the value of this list

Most high end restos will waive a corkage fee for a spacial bottle if you buy one. And for other restos the nights/deals change.

But I'm curious to hear from others- is a thread like this useful??
Old Jun 17, 2009, 11:24 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
There is a great little French Bistro in Aptos (near Santa Cruz) called Au Midi.

www.aumidi.com

Believe it or not, they never have a corkage fee. If you are in the area, I highly recommend the restaurant - I think they have the best food of any restaurant in the county.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.