Old May 3, 2013, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: cptlflyer
Short term parking:
ParkSFO
Pros:
  • Fast and regular shuttles
  • Register for emails to receive monthly coupons
  • Coupons for 1 free with 3+ days, 2 free with 5+ days, 3 free with 7+ days, and 4 free with 9+ days parked in a single stay.
  • Coupons are blacked out during Thanksgiving, Xmas, and other peak periods
  • www.parksfo.com/coupons/
  • June 2013 Coupon
Cons:
  • Often full or forced to valet at higher rate
  • Somewhat expensive now
  • Reservations required or risk likely being turned away at entry

QuikPark
Pros:
  • Online reservations
  • Relatively cheap
Cons:
  • must prebook online for best rate and bring printout to give to attendant
  • Slow shuttles
  • Even with a reservation, sometimes fill up and hard to find a spot
    (note: if you book on-line and the lot is full, they will find you a space-you will be stopped at the gate but all you have to do is show them your pre-paid receipt)

Burlingame Airport Parking (ParkBAP)
Pros:
  • Consistently one of the cheapest, especially for weekly rates.
  • Generally do not have to prebook to get the best rate.
Cons:
  • 3 shuttles an hour only, and a bit slower than average due to distance. Try to arrive at or before :00, :20, or :40 to allow a few minutes wait.
  • September 2013: For pickups late, I feel the turnaround times are more consistent with 2x per hour for the shuttle. No posted change, however.

Anza
Pros:
  • With Burlingame Airport Parking, the only parking South of airport (Other than BART)
  • Shuttle frequency is good
  • Valet is free (no extra charge) when they are near capacity
  • Frequent parker program: Each 30 paid days yields a 5-consecutive-day park for free. Check in on facebook and receive credit for 1/2 paid day as well. (Note: This program has changed. It is now tied into the Fivestars card rather than a paper punch card.)
Cons:
  • When partially full, they require you use their free valet service, and this requirement varies from hour to hour. Be sure to have nothing valuable in your car!
  • Need a printed coupon from their website to get the best rate

BART
Pros:
  • Free over the weekend (except the cost of using BART to the airport) and holidays if you're only there for the free days (paid if you're there on weekdays and then stay over a weekend)
  • Online reservations for weekday parking
  • BART schedule is known well in advance
  • Pretty much guaranteed a parking spot
Cons:
  • Hard to use if you're trying to park or pick up when BART is closed for the night
  • Possibility of getting a ticket if you overstay your reservation
  • Can wait up to 20 minutes for BART in off-peak hours, or have to go to San Bruno and back to Millbrae during peak hours (or take a taxi for about $12)

SFO Long Term Parking and Lot D
** The shuttle buses look exactly the same! One says 'Lot D', the other says 'Long Term Parking' (likely no longer a concern? see below re: AirTrain)

SFO Long Term Parking
Pros:
  • Regular shuttles (not the fastest, not the slowest)
  • AirTrain blue line now goes to Long Term Parking (no more bus shuttles) but makes quite a number of stops before reaching the domestic terminals
  • Sometimes if the normal area and lot d fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
  • Covered Parking in the garage - it gets full at peak times

Cons:
  • Expensive
  • However, current promo is $12/day for 3 days prepaid online (and the rate decreases for additional days)

SFO Long Term Parking Lot D
Pros:
  • Sometimes if the Long Term Parking area and Lot D fill up, you'll get a voucher to use the short-term parking at long-term rates
Cons:
  • Expensive

Tips for Long Term Parking and Lot D
    • Park near Stop 5 in Long Term Parking and you are the first off the bus and out of the parking lot!
    • Although the signs will indicate that a floor is full, I am often able to find a spot on these floors.
    • Airtrain station is on level 5 of the garage

Month or longer parking:
    Someone who's done this please add experiences - I (rob_flies_ua) would just pay for a shuttle or car service at this point. unavaca recommends taking Uber in this case.

AirportParkingReservations.com coupon:
    $5 off: FBFRIENDS415
    EXPIRES 12/31/16 @ 11:59 PM PST Coupon Valid Online Only
Print Wikipost

SFO Parking

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status
Originally Posted by kishna
Researched and found smartairportparking.com offers pretty competitive rates. Also, it has a name your own price feature. It had listed QuikPark at Aloft Hotel for $11/night. I was able to get this lot for $8.25/night when I named my own price. Receipt seems to show that tax is included - which saves an additional 10% or so. Nice deal.
Great find! Just used smartairportparking.com to book 14 days of parking over Xmas/New Years for $8.25/day. Also got the Aloft/QuikPark lot. ^
Old Dec 18, 2014, 2:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM
After using ParkSFO for years, the experience there has become intolerable -- constantly over capacity, infrequent shuttles, poor customer service, high prices...

I'd always stuck with them for the covered garage parking, but I'm now looking for an alternative. Does anyone else offer covered spaces?
Old Dec 18, 2014, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jeebus
After using ParkSFO for years, the experience there has become intolerable -- constantly over capacity, infrequent shuttles, poor customer service, high prices...

I'd always stuck with them for the covered garage parking, but I'm now looking for an alternative. Does anyone else offer covered spaces?
Park-n-Fly was constructing some sort of deluxe lot across from its main lot. I don't know if there are covered spaces.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 10:38 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, Hertz #1 Gold, bunch of other programs w/no status

I think it's mentioned earlier in this thread - you can park underground at the SFO Hilton even if not staying there via the affiliated BAP parking lot.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 5:05 pm

Does anyone else offer covered spaces?
Skypark offers indoor parking. Valet only but very efficient. Car is backed in ready to go on return (after a call). AAA discount.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:11 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by #10
Skypark offers indoor parking. Valet only but very efficient. Car is backed in ready to go on return (after a call). AAA discount.
A few years ago SkyPark was my preferred parking site for longer trips via SFO. Since then they've raised their rates about 50% even with coupon/discount, making them much less attractive. Now I just take Uber if I'm going for more than 2 days.
Old Dec 20, 2014, 9:20 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum

We still use them, and have experienced some, but not all, of these issues. We've seen them over capacity on holiday weekends, but pretty open most of the rest of the time. And, on the over-capacity dates, we've simply used Valet service. The shuttle frequency has been quite good for us, and customer service very reasonable.

With the 1-2 day discount coupons, I find the prices reasonable.

They seem to be moving to using pay machines instead of the person at the booth. On our last trip we were all asked to pay inside prior to exiting. Some at the counter and some (like us) at a machine. This was very easy. Read the parking ticket and the barcode on the voucher. I think it even charged us too little, but didn't analyze it

Then just gave the card to the booth person. It seems that, longer term, it will all be machine pay and card-in-the-slot to exit.

They also talk of going to a reservation system at some point.

If we lived in SF, Uber might be a good option. Not so much from the South Bay

Cheers.
Old Jan 17, 2015, 5:49 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Groupon for ParkSFO

http://tinyurl.com/lfpnpj6

The 3-day Groupon is even a good deal for 2-day stays, by just a little.

Cheers.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by brp
We still use them, and have experienced some, but not all, of these issues. We've seen them over capacity on holiday weekends, but pretty open most of the rest of the time. And, on the over-capacity dates, we've simply used Valet service. The shuttle frequency has been quite good for us, and customer service very reasonable.

With the 1-2 day discount coupons, I find the prices reasonable.

They seem to be moving to using pay machines instead of the person at the booth. On our last trip we were all asked to pay inside prior to exiting. Some at the counter and some (like us) at a machine. This was very easy. Read the parking ticket and the barcode on the voucher. I think it even charged us too little, but didn't analyze it
Just used ParkSFO for the first time in a while, and my experience was similar. Arriving on Thursday afternoon, there was thankfully no backup entering the lot, but didn't see any close-in spaces outdoors so we simply turned into the garage and found a space on the roof. Shuttle was fast as always. Upon returning we had forgotten to print the coupon but the cashier applied it anyways - we still ended up paying almost $35 for 4 days which seems reasonable but close to the over/under for us.
Old Apr 28, 2016, 11:21 pm

Am I allowed to park for two to three days at the international parking lot? The website says max for 24hrs. is $28. I assume that means they will charge me $28/day not that 24hrs. is the maximum allowed.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Originally Posted by rakers
Am I allowed to park for two to three days at the international parking lot? The website says max for 24hrs. is $28. I assume that means they will charge me $28/day not that 24hrs. is the maximum allowed.
Yes, you can park >24 and yes, the rate is lower than the other on-site lot.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 8:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Park-n-Fly was constructing some sort of deluxe lot across from its main lot. I don't know if there are covered spaces.
No covered spaces, but Park n Fly have a lot of valet parking (usually same price or close to self).

While I generally don't like others driving my car, I've never had an issue with them, and it's nice to be able to text for your car ahead of time (while waiting for the shuttle) so your car is ready for you when you get there.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:50 pm

Was planning on parking in SFO's International lot but was so ahead of schedule opted for Park SFO. It was a Friday morning. Self park was full but Valet was free.

Shuttle to the airport was waiting and at capacity. Driver wore weightlifting gloves and drove the bus hard.

Wait for return shuttle was less than two minutes. Same driver, same gloves, same lead foot.

Cost $39.50 for Friday morning to Sunday afternoon after using coupon found here: http://www.parksfo.com/coupons/2day/
Old May 4, 2016, 9:54 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by rakers
Was planning on parking in SFO's International lot but was so ahead of schedule opted for Park SFO. It was a Friday morning. Self park was full but Valet was free.

Shuttle to the airport was waiting and at capacity. Driver wore weightlifting gloves and drove the bus hard.

Wait for return shuttle was less than two minutes. Same driver, same gloves, same lead foot.

Cost $39.50 for Friday morning to Sunday afternoon after using coupon found here: http://www.parksfo.com/coupons/2day/
We use ParkSFO exclusively when we fly out of SFO (most recently yesterday) and have been quite happy with them of late. We rarely have trouble finding a spot, the buses are frequent enough on both ends.

The automated payment works very well, coupons and all.

Cheers.
Old May 4, 2016, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Delta's current inflight magazine has a 30% off PnF.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.