Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 17, 2017, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MDtR-Chicago
Freshen Up paid service, located landside, International Terminal, G Side, next to the luggage storage service.

Pricing as of August 2023: Shower is $30, plus $5 for hair dryer/iron. Small and large nap rooms available starting at $150 for 3 hours. Open 24 hours.

(For historical reference: As of August 2017, open 24 hours, shower is $25 with $3 fee for hair dryer/iron. Nap Room also available.)

Phone: (650) 821-1324
Email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Shower at SFO

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2008, 2:38 am
Original Poster

Shower at SFO

I'll be leaving Kona, HI at around 10pm on Friday en route for London with a connection in SFO. Is there any way to get a shower at SFO (or KON)? It's a long journey (~23hrs) and I'll have had a day in hot Hawaii before I even start! I see SFO's website says showers are currently unavailable, do any lounges (that I can buy access to) have them?

Thanks!
Old Sep 3, 2008, 11:26 am
Community Director Emerita

Welcome to FlyerTalk, geojay, and congrats on finding our regional forums. I've moved this into the San Francisco forum, in hopes of getting you the best possible responses.

SanDiego1K
Senior Moderator
Old Sep 3, 2008, 12:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Showers

Fresh'n Up offers shower facilities, toiletries, ironing facilities and undergarments
International Terminal, Main Hall, pre-security
hours: daily, 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
phone: 650.877.0798

I didn't see anything on the SFO web site about showers being unavailable. You might want to call this place and check on that, as it's still listed on the web site.
Old Sep 4, 2008, 1:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tom911
Showers

Fresh'n Up offers shower facilities, toiletries, ironing facilities and undergarments
International Terminal, Main Hall, pre-security
hours: daily, 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
phone: 650.877.0798

I didn't see anything on the SFO web site about showers being unavailable. You might want to call this place and check on that, as it's still listed on the web site.
I found this page via Google but the 'orphan' in the URL suggests it may be out of date: http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/orphan/faq/#13

Thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2008, 8:29 am
R
formerly PrePress420

Called them . They're open.
Showers start at $11-15. $11-shower, basic towel, $15-more bathing amenities, name brands, fluffier towel...
At the "G" side, which is the same side as the BART(train) , down at the far end of the hall way past the food court.
Old Sep 10, 2008, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by PrePress420
Called them . They're open.
Showers start at $11-15. $11-shower, basic towel, $15-more bathing amenities, name brands, fluffier towel...
At the "G" side, which is the same side as the BART(train) , down at the far end of the hall way past the food court.
I ended up showering at this place and can whole-heartedly recommend it! As I had 8 hours in SFO I checked my laptop bag in with the travel agency next door (they offer a left luggage service), both places seem to be the same business and I got the $15 dollar service for $11 when I showed them the travel agency receipt. It was very clean and made the next leg of the journey much more pleasant!
Old Sep 10, 2008, 8:56 am
R
formerly PrePress420

Thanks for the update, especially about using the services next door and getting a discount.
Old Apr 2, 2009, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone comment on this service vs. going to a hotel and paying a day rate? Do any airport hotels offer access to a health club for elite members without paying a fee?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA, bmi, AA, CO, DL, B6, AMEX, Hertz, Most Hotels
just called to get updated info and was told

the hours are still 7AM to 11PM and the costs for the basic shower (soap & towel) is $11 and the deluxe shower (more toiletries) is $15.

I was told that if you go for the deluxe shower, they throw in 20 minutes use of the massage chair & use of a hair dryer.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:24 am

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
If you have access, the Singapore Airlines lounge has a shower
Old Oct 29, 2013, 6:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL SkyClub Lifer
Question Still around? Doable during a 3-hour UA domestic layover?

Just checking... is FreshenUp still around, and if I had a 3-hour layover between UA domestic flights in T3 area F, would area G be as easy a walk as it looks on the SFO map?

I'm looking at a 3-stop itinerary, first leg is a red-eye but my first stop doesn't have time for showers, then 2nd stop has time but is an airport without showers, and 3rd stop is 2:58 in SFO, so for my final 5.5-hour leg I could feel less like a squalid bum.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DanTravels
Just checking... is FreshenUp still around, and if I had a 3-hour layover between UA domestic flights in T3 area F, would area G be as easy a walk as it looks on the SFO map?

I'm looking at a 3-stop itinerary, first leg is a red-eye but my first stop doesn't have time for showers, then 2nd stop has time but is an airport without showers, and 3rd stop is 2:58 in SFO, so for my final 5.5-hour leg I could feel less like a squalid bum.
It was there a few months ago, which is the last time I walked through there. I'd give them a call to be sure. And the walk is very easy.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 8:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by DanTravels
International G is an easy walk from domestic F. I'd say about ~10-15 minutes depending on your pace and exact gate. Just don't forget that the shower place is outside security, so you'll have to factor that into your time management.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:32 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by rjque
It was there a few months ago, which is the last time I walked through there.
I did actually take a shower there in February.

Pretty barebones experience. It is a clean shower. One single large-ish private room (no separate changing room) with towels and basic toiletries. No more, no less, tho there was a large selection of fancier travel-sized toiletries available for $. Otherwise, not fancy in any way - in fact, a little bit run down, but the water was hot and the disaffected clerk left me alone - no chitchat.

It was exactly what I wanted and cheap enough for it.
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
..., but the water was hot and the disaffected clerk left me alone - no chitchat.

It was exactly what I wanted and cheap enough for it.
As long as the disaffected used the disinfectant, all was good. Functional hair dryer in the room?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.