Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Downtown to SFO Sunday AM, help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:24 pm
Original Poster

Downtown to SFO Sunday AM, help

I was planning to take the bart to catch my 7:00am flight but realized that bart is only a part-time system which doesn't run until 8:30am Sunday. How crazy is that!

what are my options for going from the Palace hotel to SFO around 5:30-6am on a Sunday?
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:40 pm

Programs: United 1P, Delta GM, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by spike74
I was planning to take the bart to catch my 7:00am flight but realized that bart is only a part-time system which doesn't run until 8:30am Sunday. How crazy is that!

what are my options for going from the Palace hotel to SFO around 5:30-6am on a Sunday?
First off...I wouldn't necessarily call BART a 'part time system' but that's neither here nor there. I'd just suggest that you take an airport shuttle. They're usually only $12-18 pp and substantially faster than BARt.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 12:59 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 90minfromJFK-CDG
First off...I wouldn't necessarily call BART a 'part time system' but that's neither here nor there. I'd just suggest that you take an airport shuttle. They're usually only $12-18 pp and substantially faster than BARt.
As a comparison, NJ Transit has trains from NY Penn Stationto Newark Airport starting at 5:14am Sunday Through 1:41am. And NJ Transit is a commuter rail system which doesn't make several stops in New York City. BART is more like a subway like the Washington D.C. system that serves city residents as well as those from nearby suburbs. I would understand if BART didn't start till 6 or 7am on Sunday but 8:25am from downtown is a little late considering that many people taking the BART to SFO go early in the morning if they are flying East.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 2:50 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I looked at the SAMTRANS site, but their first bus into SFO doesn't get there until 0635 on Sunday, so that won't work.
http://www.samtrans.com/pdf/Schedule...X_11_14_04.pdf

I think you're pretty much stuck with one of the shuttle services that early.

BART's not alone with late starts on Sunday. The Tube in London opens late on Sunday, as I've had to use the Airbus there to get to Heathrow on Sunday mornings. Likewise for Metro in DC, which starts up at 0700 on Sundays.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 2:59 pm

Programs: AAEXP, and every other one on the planet
Super Shuttle

Did the same on Thursday from the Marriott Super Shuttle $15 plus tip per person, vs. $40 for a taxi plus tip...
Old Jul 19, 2005, 3:17 pm

Programs: PC Gold; SPG AAA; HiHo Silver; Hrtz Gld; Emld Clb; UA NWA NoBody; VA EleVAte; WN MooMoo
Originally Posted by spike74

It's not crazy at all.

Their residents don't want to foot the tax bill and subsidies to pay for hours that benefits mostly visitors.
Old Jul 19, 2005, 3:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by goingsomewhere
It's not crazy at all.

Their residents don't want to foot the tax bill and subsidies to pay for hours that benefits mostly visitors.
Agreed (as an Alameda County taxpayer). What would be crazy is running lots of nearly empty trains, especially when the airport shuttles mentioned above are widely available, cheap and very quick on Sunday mornings.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.