Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > San Francisco
Reload this Page >

Easter Sunday things to do?

Old Apr 5, 04, 10:01 am
Original Poster

We are going to SF for a long weekend this weekend and cannot figure out what to do on Sunday.

We generally do museums/galleries, shopping, and general wandering around and we have the first 3 days planned out. However, for Sunday, we have to leave the hotel by 2pm to catch our plane and our hotel is in Nob Hill. While we were talking about going to Golden Gate Park on Sunday, it seems a bit too far with the time constraints. Am I wrong? We probably would have just wandered aroung Union Square, but I assume most of that will be closed for the holiday.

Since we are seeing pretty much everything we want to see in the first 3 days, I am looking for some ideas on Sunday. We are considering catching an earlier flight back, but that seems wasteful.

Thanks,
BillJ
Old Apr 6, 04, 11:27 am

Here is a link for you to check out.
http://www.digitalcity.com/sanfranci...p?evid=1986483

You might also consider one or more stairway walks, which will give you a great flavor for San Francisco neighborhoods. You can buy a book with a detailed desciprtion and routes for the stairway walks, some of which would be close to your hotel.

Have fun!
Old Apr 9, 04, 10:34 am

Programs: BA GLD
May I recommend www.sfhistorytour.com for a great time! Wonderful, informative walking tours. You meet under the clock at the St. Francis hotel at 10AM, and you end about 1PM in North Beach. Plenty of time to hop a cab back to your hotel and check out. You'll learn all sorts of quirky San Francisco history. FT's own Stedi-EDI, who is currently going around the world on OneWorld, stopped by our fair city last week, and I set him up with this tour, then met him for dinner. He raved about it. See his post on Trip Reports for the link to his website ... it's great!

Enjoy ...
Old Apr 9, 04, 12:46 pm

If the weather is good, the ferry to Sausalito is nice.
Just go to the Ferry Bldg. at the foot of Market St. You also can buy a book of 10 trips for about $30, it makes sense if you have 5 people with each way needing 1 coupon. The boat takes about 35 minutes each way, if your pressed for time take the same boat back to SF. Otherwise walk around Sausalito and see the galleries, houseboats or a cafe.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: