SFO: T1 <-> T2 airside link opens June 11

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO: T1 <-> T2 airside link opens June 11

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2024, 3:35 pm

Originally Posted by minhaoxue
HA will definitely move if the AS acquisition goes through. DL is a big ? for me. Their checking is currently in T2. If the C pier renovation goes through, they may move their flights to T2 D pier until completed.
I would assume the Boarding Area C would come after T3W so that not too much gate capacity is lost at the same time.

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
IM(nsh)O, that only works well if each concourse is called a Terminal. Otherwise there will be too much confusion. Otherwise, not opposed to the dropping of numbers.
Originally Posted by dhuey
All the more reason for SFO to drop the numbers for terminals -- just call it the Domestic Terminal and refer to the concourses by letter.
Before the International Terminal opened, they definitely referred to the concourse letters much more than they did the South/International/North Terminal names, but nowadays when you could be doing headhouse functions in one terminal and boarding/arriving from gates in a different concourse, for wayfinding purposes it still makes some sense to stick with their current terminal names setup, especially since it gives more flexibility when capacity (and construction) dictates.
Old Yesterday, 3:24 am

Anyone tried the new connector between A and G? Is it actually open now?
Old Yesterday, 5:12 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by goodfriedchicken
I have not (but will be arriving into SFO on the 18th and plan to check it out then) but note that the connector mentioned in the thread title is between B and C. I don't think there is any plan to connect A and G directly, so while they are technically connected airside, you still have to go the long way through the other letters.
goodfriedchicken likes this.
Old Yesterday, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Zorak
I have not (but will be arriving into SFO on the 18th and plan to check it out then) but note that the connector mentioned in the thread title is between B and C. I don't think there is any plan to connect A and G directly, so while they are technically connected airside, you still have to go the long way through the other letters.
There is/was a plan to connect A and G - I believe it is delayed or suspended .
Zorak likes this.
Old Yesterday, 8:23 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
There is/was a plan to connect A and G - I believe it is delayed or suspended .
I sit corrected! I forget why I had that memory, but I do see from searching FT discussion and the draft plan: https://www.flysfo.com/about-sfo/sfo...velopment-plan (page 18 of the executive summary) that the idea would be to consolidate the international baggage claims and also the security checkpoint thus effectively connecting A and G directly airside as well.
Old Yesterday, 3:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by goodfriedchicken
No, opening is postponed to June 17.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Yesterday, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
No, opening is postponed to June 17.
Thank you! Looking forward to using the G lounges for A departures without going through security twice.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Yesterday, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Saipan, MP 96950 USA (Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands = the CNMI)
Programs: UA Silver, Hilton Silver. Life: UA .57 MM, United & Admirals Clubs (spousal), Marriott Platinum
I like walking, too.

(And would welcome the opportunity to occasionally use my lifetime Admirals Club membership even when not flying AA or oneworld.)
Majuki likes this.
Old Today, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SPN Lifer
I like walking, too.

(And would welcome the opportunity to occasionally use my lifetime Admirals Club membership even when not flying AA or oneworld.)
The walk out to the AC down the B pier will take almost as long as a walk from A to G on the inner loop!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.