Wiki Posts
Search

SFO customs experience without GE

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2023, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA Premier Exec, SPG Gold
SFO customs experience without GE

On arrival I noticed that the normal US passport holder line doesn't have forms or kiosks anymore. Does that make the process essentially the same as mobile passport and global entry? Should you just choose whichever is shortest (and less walking) ?
Old Dec 22, 2023, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K/AS 100K …Bonvoy Titanium..Hertz Presidents Club
Originally Posted by jacksonSFO
On arrival I noticed that the normal US passport holder line doesn't have forms or kiosks anymore. Does that make the process essentially the same as mobile passport and global entry? Should you just choose whichever is shortest (and less walking) ?
Not quite. Mobile passport, you need to download the APP on your phone and fill in the required information before going into the Mobile Passport line. Global Entry is an application based program and you cannot use it until approved into the GE program. The regular US passport lines uses something called simplified arrivals. You do not need to do anything compared to what was mentioned above and when you see the CBP officer, they will take a photo of you and review your documents.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 23, 2023, 10:25 am

When we arrived from CDG on. 3-December, at the same time as a flight from China, the GE line was stupid long. Mobile passport line was the shortest. The regular line seemed fairly short as well. I think it would have been best to use mobile passport or the regular line. Especially as half the people have trouble using the GE kiosk.

TLDR: out of 700 people in line, 600 had GE, and yeah, screw that.
SPN Lifer, gaobest and Silver Fox like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.