Wiki Posts
Search

Any B6 lounge access at SFO?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2023, 12:36 pm
Original Poster

Programs: 1K 2.2MM
Any B6 lounge access at SFO?

Hello all, buying Mint from SFO to JFK. Does B6 partner with any lounges at SFO?

If not, will try to go to Centurion...i think term 1 and 3 are fully connected post security? Any advice?
Old Dec 31, 2023, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Marriott 5+ BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
Originally Posted by 1k-all-the-way
Hello all, buying Mint from SFO to JFK. Does B6 partner with any lounges at SFO?

If not, will try to go to Centurion...i think term 1 and 3 are fully connected post security? Any advice?
JetBlue has no lounges. Sounds like Centurion is your best bet, though it's a hike.

-J.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 3:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
You cannot currently get between Centurion T3 and B6 T1 airside.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 4:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
You have a really good meal and beverage service waiting for you in Mint, so I don't think it's worth 2x security and a long trek to the Centurion Lounge over in T3. I'd do that only if I had a particular interest in visiting the SFO Centurion Lounge.

Personally, I'm travel-geeky, but even I would not recommend that long trek and back. The SFO Centurion Lounge is nice, but not worth that much effort in your situation.
Kacee likes this.
Old Dec 31, 2023, 10:07 pm

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Agree, I'd budget zero extra time at the airport and plan to eat on board.
Originally Posted by dhuey
The SFO Centurion Lounge is nice, but not worth that much effort in your situation.
I'm not a fan at all. They've (mostly) resolved the overcrowding with the expansion but the space is nothing special and the food has been awful for quite some time now.
PanAmSam likes this.
Old Jan 1, 2024, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Something, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, Avis PC
If you've got Centurion access, have you also got Priority Pass? If so, there are a number of PP lounges in International A which IS connected air-side to Terminal 1, however their hours are limited so if you're travelling after 7pm you likely won't be able to get into one. See here for more details - San Francisco (SFO) - Priority Pass lounges and options

There's also a "The Club" lounge under construction in Terminal 1 which will be accessible via PP, but it's been under construction for so long I'm not entirely sure they haven't actually given up on it...
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:18 am

BTW, I'm a little surprised JetBlue hasn't cut a deal with one of the lounges in International Terminal A. There aren't that many passengers in Mint, so I would think it wouldn't present capacity problems. Otherwise, I think Mint is the best domestic premium cabin product.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Programs: AS MVPG, DL KM, Bee Six, Bonvoy Plat, Avis PC, Natl Exec, Greyhound Road Rewards Z"L
BTW, I'm a little surprised JetBlue hasn't cut a deal with one of the lounges in International Terminal A. There aren't that many passengers in Mint, so I would think it wouldn't present capacity problems. Otherwise, I think Mint is the best domestic premium cabin product.
JetBlue has no lounges anywhere in the USA. SFO is essentially an outstation for them. It is one of the last places they care about putting in a lounge, if they cared about it at all.

-J.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by GW McLintock
JetBlue has no lounges anywhere in the USA. SFO is essentially an outstation for them. It is one of the last places they care about putting in a lounge, if they cared about it at all.

-J.
I totally get why it would make no sense for them to have their own lounges. I'm only a little surprised that they haven't cut deals with other airlines to let Mint passengers into their lounges. It probably wouldn't be too costly for JetBlue.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If the Mint cabins are full on paid fares, then B6 has no need to offer a lounge. And I can't seeing the true competition (lie flat transcon airlines / routes) offering to sell B6 lounge access for its Mint customers at a rate that makes any sense.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
If the Mint cabins are full on paid fares, then B6 has no need to offer a lounge. And I can't seeing the true competition (lie flat transcon airlines / routes) offering to sell B6 lounge access for its Mint customers at a rate that makes any sense.
I had in mind one of the foreign carriers with extra capacity in International A (not in competition with JetBlue).
Old Jan 6, 2024, 11:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had in mind one of the foreign carriers with extra capacity in International A (not in competition with JetBlue).
It doesn't appear that you raised this issue in your initial brief so don't expect me to consider it during oral argument!
dhuey, Kacee and SPN Lifer like this.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 11:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
It doesn't appear that you raised this issue in your initial brief so don't expect me to consider it during oral argument!
By God, I love the law!

https://www.gocomics.com/doonesbury/1974/11/20
Kacee and SPN Lifer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.