Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SFO Airtrain

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2022, 10:46 am
Original Poster

SFO Airtrain

If I am arriving on either AA from JFK or AS from LAS is it any easier to use the AirTrain or to just walk it to the BART station and vice versa? It doesn't look like that long a walk but I don't know the most direct route or if it is all on the same level.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 12:04 pm

It's a brisk 15 minute walk from the exit of either Terminal 1 (AA) or Terminal 2 (AS) to BART, plus the distance from your gate to the exit. There is a signed path the whole way. Airtrain is faster, though I usually walk for the exercise. From T2 there is a shortcut through the lower level garage that can cut the trip in half but there are no signs and you're likely to get lost on your first try.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 1:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by SandLake
If I am arriving on either AA from JFK or AS from LAS is it any easier to use the AirTrain or to just walk it to the BART station and vice versa? It doesn't look like that long a walk but I don't know the most direct route or if it is all on the same level.
From AS, you make a right as you leave T2 - walk through T3 to the G side of the International Terminal, and you will arrive at BART. From AA, you make a left as you leave T1, go through the A side of the International Terminal - and walk across over to the G side, and you will arrive at BART.

The longest part of the AA walk might be getting from the end of the B gates to the front of the terminal.

The entire airport is one big circle, but right now there is a big hole in the ground between T1 and T2, so you can't walk between the two of them (except via the parking garage). I would walk. You can probably walk the entire airport loop landside (except during the current construction) in about 20 minutes.
SPN Lifer likes this.
Old Mar 1, 2022, 3:27 pm
Original Poster

Thank you both
Old Mar 5, 2022, 1:16 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
I walk from AA, and I take AirTrain from AS. The overall distance is probably very similar, but AS is a very short walk to AirTrain, whereas with AA, by the time you get to AirTrain it's maybe 5 minutes more to walk to BART.

Total time for either should be under 15 minutes unless you get unlucky catching AirTrain from T2.
SPN Lifer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.