SF Ferry and SMART Train

Old Feb 7, 18, 1:37 pm
Original Poster
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select, Maika'i Card
SF Ferry and SMART Train

I am planning a visit to San Francisco, and am interested in riding the new Sonoma-Marin train. It looks like the bus shuttle between the Larkspur ferry terminal and the SMART station s only available southbound in the morning and northbound in the evening--not workable for a round-trip originating in SF. How hard is it to get from the ferry to the train? Would there be taxis waiting there?
Old Feb 8, 18, 2:16 am
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

It's a busy terminal so I imagine there would be some taxis there, or the staff could call you one if needed. Uber/Lyft should also be available.

I believe there is also a Marin Transit bus that does that route. Check Google Maps.
Old Feb 12, 18, 9:21 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Should be plenty of Uber/Lyft availability in both directions.
Old Apr 11, 18, 12:33 pm
Original Poster
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards Select, Maika'i Card
I read on Trains "Newswire" that an extension of the SMART line to the Larkspur ferry terminal is due to be completed by late 2019.
Old Apr 11, 18, 1:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by Maglev View Post
I read on Trains "Newswire" that an extension of the SMART line to the Larkspur ferry terminal is due to be completed by late 2019.
Sounds like the first useful origin and destination station for this train. Lots of Marin commuters use the ferry already. This will pull in more, and take some of the pressure off of US 101.
Old Apr 11, 18, 8:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by Maglev View Post
Construction has already commenced and some federal dough just came through which should be sufficient to complete the project on the south end.

Search this Thread