Wiki Posts
Search

Business class SFO to LHR

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: United
Business class SFO to LHR

I am looking to book SFO-LHR return business flight in Sep of this year (Sep 9 - Sep 13th). When I look at all non-stop flights, they are priced at $10K+ for the return journey. Is this price common for non-stop flights? Should I wait or buy the ticket now?

Thanks
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:19 am

Programs: FB Platinum
Point to point can often be more expensive than journey's via major hub. Also, your dates are less than a week apart which can contribute, however I looked on SkyScanner and found these non-stop...

Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:55 am
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

Originally Posted by nealsense
I am looking to book SFO-LHR return business flight in Sep of this year (Sep 9 - Sep 13th). When I look at all non-stop flights, they are priced at $10K+ for the return journey. Is this price common for non-stop flights? Should I wait or buy the ticket now?

Thanks
Welcome to Flyertalk, nealsense. I am moving your thread to the San Francisco Forum with the hope that our many SFO-based flyers will be helpful
Obscure2k
TravelBuzz Moderator
Old Apr 17, 2018, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much. I am newbie so had never heard of Skyscanner. It takes me to Fareboom to book this vs. directly with BA or Aer Lingus. Those prices are still at $10K+. Do you think its safe to book through Fareboom for a business class fare?

Last, I checked United and it shows $10K but literally every single seat is available. How are they sure that they will fill the seats at $10k vs. dropping the price a bit?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by nealsense
Thanks so much. I am newbie so had never heard of Skyscanner. It takes me to Fareboom to book this vs. directly with BA or Aer Lingus. Those prices are still at $10K+. Do you think its safe to book through Fareboom for a business class fare?

Last, I checked United and it shows $10K but literally every single seat is available. How are they sure that they will fill the seats at $10k vs. dropping the price a bit?
I don't know anything about fareboom, do a google search for reviews I guess. There may be restrictions at that price; restricted luggage/lounge for example. One World FFP may also compromised but I doubt it. Give them a call if you're unsure, they might be able to hold the tickets for a few hours while you decide. 5K is still high - why not go via JFK, AMS or CDG (for example) instead, you might get a decent price.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
Also check BA on SJC-LHR (probably similar) and OAK-LGW - almost certainly cheaper.
Old Apr 17, 2018, 3:15 pm
Original Poster

Thank you!
Old Apr 17, 2018, 5:34 pm

Air NZ to LAX and a separate - reasonably flexible - flight to SFO ? Its the best TATL business class..
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MM *G for life, BAEC Gold
There is currently a fare war waging from PDX to LHR, being led by Virgin/Delta. It would be very worthwhile checking that out - less than $2000 for many dates. OneWorld occasionally jump in to spice it up a little.
RichardInSF likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2018, 2:53 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do not buy now, wait for a sale.

But one main reason you are seeing fares this high is that your stay doesn't include either a Saturday night or 7 day stay.

You should also consider flying to MAN rather than LHR. True, it's a two hour train ride from London but on occasion it is much cheaper. I am flying SFO-MAN-SFO in late September on the Virgin Atlantic nonstop, and I got my business class tickets for around $2300 round trip. That fare doesn't exist currently around your dates but it could return.

I would say that if you meet minimum stay requirements, normal round trip business class airfare from SFO or LAX to England should be findable for at most $3700, but I refuse to pay even that.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 2:56 am

As stated above, a short extra hop to MAN would help bring down the cost. If you can, try to start your journey to include a weekend so why not arrange a few days in my hometown - Manchester? It's a brilliant city with loads to do and oodles of history. The modern world was pretty much invented here (Home of the industrial revolution, women's voting rights, computing, radiation, political radicalism, black pudding). The beer is good too.
Old Apr 19, 2018, 3:07 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by rosensfole
Point to point can often be more expensive than journey's via major hub. Also, your dates are less than a week apart which can contribute, however I looked on SkyScanner and found these non-stop...

I don't think these fares are real (or are consolidator fares where I'd be careful). Checking on ITA, the direct BA flights are indeed just over $10,000. You can get Are Lingus flights at about $5,700 with a stop in DUB. If you build in a Saturday night stay, things get considerably cheaper.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.