Search

Man carjacks SuperShuttle in the city

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Man carjacks SuperShuttle in the city

SFGate link
Not exactly the most nondescript vehicle to steal...

If I were carjacked, I don't think finding a cab to get me to the airport would be tops on my priority list.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 12:34 pm
Formerly known as tireman77

If you have your luggage, what else are you going to do?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 1:35 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Cop: Can you describe the vehicle?
Witness: Yes, it's a SuperShuttle van.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Delta Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Courtesy Card
"After a few blocks, the new driver stopped the van and let the passengers out with their suitcases, according to SuperShuttle officials. The four stranded riders then called a taxi and split the fare to the airport.

The van was found Sunday afternoon in Alameda County, but the driver remains at large, police said."

Guess he was headed to OAK and not SFO!
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:31 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
It would be funnier if he went around making all the stops for pax before disappearing with the vehicle.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
It would be funnier if he went around making all the stops for pax before disappearing with the vehicle.
...and said: "While carjackings are unusual in this industry, you are still expected to pay for your trip. Cash only, given that this is a carjacking. Gratuities are customary."
Old Apr 15, 2014, 2:36 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeooRXYmOu8

One of the best scenes ever.
"You kept on making the stops?"
"Well people kept ringing the bell!"
Old Apr 15, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, SPG G, #1 CG 5☆
Originally Posted by Lost
SFGate link
Not exactly the most nondescript vehicle to steal...

If I were carjacked, I don't think finding a cab to get me to the airport would be tops on my priority list.
Akin to a taxi cab or a white delivery van, about as nondescript as can be provided you don't try to drive it to Fresno down I-5. But yeah, unless he was going to OAK I have no idea what he was thinking

Passengers have become pragmatic in light of the whole Google/Yahoo bus thing. At least no one tried to block them from leaving the city.

Originally Posted by dhuey
...and said: "While carjackings are unusual in this industry, you are still expected to pay for your trip. Cash only, given that this is a carjacking. Gratuities are customary."
I'd like to, but I can't. I prepaid the transfer on the website and don't carry any cash since I'm married with kids.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.