Wiki Posts
Search

best SFO airport hotel restaurant

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2009, 8:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
best SFO airport hotel restaurant

Going to be spending an overnight in SFO, staying close to the airport (real early flight). Which hotel in that area has the best restaurant? Not getting too picky on price, not limiting myself to a hotel chain, but definitely want to stick to a hotel near the airport that has a shuttle.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 8:43 pm
mjm
Original Member

Originally Posted by Cloudship
Going to be spending an overnight in SFO, staying close to the airport (real early flight). Which hotel in that area has the best restaurant? Not getting too picky on price, not limiting myself to a hotel chain, but definitely want to stick to a hotel near the airport that has a shuttle.
Marriott for insane views of arriving/departing flights, Starbucks in lobby, and 5 minutes walk from In'n'Out.
Old Nov 4, 2009, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 1.7 M, Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, AARP Sophomore, 14-time Croix de Candlestick
I like staying at the Airport Hyatt Regency, and for dinner walking across the street to Max's Restaurant and Bar (the Reuben is quite decent):

http://www.maxsworld.com/maxs/locations.php?Id=17

http://www.gayot.com/restaurants/max...3sf080804.html
Old Nov 5, 2009, 4:02 am
mjm
Original Member

Also very solid advice, on the hotel and the Reuben. Delicious.

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
I like staying at the Airport Hyatt Regency, and for dinner walking across the street to Max's Restaurant and Bar (the Reuben is quite decent):

http://www.maxsworld.com/maxs/locations.php?Id=17

http://www.gayot.com/restaurants/max...3sf080804.html
Old Nov 5, 2009, 12:27 pm

Programs: AA, UA, WN, HH, Marriott
Another vote for the Hyatt, though I agree the view from the Marriott is much nicer.
Old Nov 5, 2009, 2:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Independent
If I actually had enoughtime to plane watch, that would be it. But I plan on spending so little time awake that I would miss anything interesting anyways.

I have heard a lot about Max's - I will have to check that out!
Old Nov 5, 2009, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by Cloudship
If I actually had enoughtime to plane watch, that would be it. But I plan on spending so little time awake that I would miss anything interesting anyways....
You could even save yourself the walk from the Hyatt, and simply stay in the Holiday Inn Express, right next door to Max's! (Actually, that Max's location is the hotel's onsite restaurant.)

Kincaid's would be another good dining possibility. It's a short walk from the SFO Hilton (recently reflagged from the SFO Sheraton) and several other hotels.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:05 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
Be careful at Max's!

HUGE portions
Old Nov 22, 2009, 10:28 am

We ate at Hangars at the SFO Marriott on Friday night and it was very good. The steaks are advertised as prime and I would say they definitely are. The view is a nice bonus.

Bobette
Old Dec 3, 2009, 4:56 pm

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
I'm doing a mileage run this Saturday -- getting in late afternoon, heading out on the red-eye. How are the shuttle drivers for the Hyatt or HI Express about just letting folks hitch a ride to eat at Max's?
Or other suggestions for a good meal that I can get to using pubic transportation -- near a Bart stop?
thanks
Old Dec 4, 2009, 10:56 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
re HI Shuttle

Just don't tell them And walk over to max's....
Old Dec 4, 2009, 11:23 am

Programs: DL Plat (won't hit DM again) 2MM (2.5), HH Gold, PC Gold, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by squeakr
Just don't tell them And walk over to max's....
Could cause a problem with getting back?

I've also found a place withing walking distance of the Millbrae BART stop - Le Petite Camille. Good reviews on some of the foodie sites.
Old Dec 5, 2009, 2:33 am

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Originally Posted by KathyWdrf
Kincaid's would be another good dining possibility. It's a short walk from the SFO Hilton (recently reflagged from the SFO Sheraton)
I second this. SFO Hilton (formerly Sheraton) is my SFO hotel of choice because I love going to Kincaid's on the bay. Great views watching the planes land over the bay and a nice (short) walk on the trail.
Airport shuttle is VERY reliable and frequent, as it is shared with Burlingame LT Parking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.