Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

E-rewards [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2020, 7:21 am

Programs: UA Million Miler (Gold), Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Hilton points

Jan. 14 must have been a sweep day. My Dec. 23 redemption posted then.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
aaaand here we go again with e-rewards acting up - trying to redeem for BA:

Resource Not Found - QSB0303-17

An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us and report error code: QSB0303-17
Old Jan 18, 2020, 8:31 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select, Accor Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger
Maybe that's what happens when they try to make BA redemptions available again for those who haven't had them at all for over 2 months?
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For me the BA availability's become available in Dec - now trying to redeem a second time. It all goes smoothly until the very last screen, when it throws up the error message. No help from e-rewards CS yet.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 12:07 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I see the Southwest points finally posted in both my spouse and my accounts - redeemed 24 Dec - posted 16 Jan.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:31 pm

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by WilcoRoger

Resource Not Found - QSB0303-17

An unexpected error has occurred. Please contact us and report error code: QSB0303-17
I got the same error when trying to redeem from my disabled account
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:55 am

Programs: AY Gold, A3 Gold, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Wanted to redeem with Macy's. It was available on Friday (but I still needed some more bucks), but not anymore on Saturday. Rather strange.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy, Aeroplan, Best Western, IHG Rewards, AAdvantage, Executive Club
Originally Posted by neuromancer
I got the same error when trying to redeem from my disabled account
That is what I was going to say. Might be a disabled account issue. Can do a test trial on redeeming another rewards program, then you can be more sure.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pointshogger
That is what I was going to say. Might be a disabled account issue. Can do a test trial on redeeming another rewards program, then you can be more sure.
Problem is that only BA is available (BA sponsored account) no other redemptions. Well, we'll see, I guess.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 4:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SF CA USA. I love large faceless corporations. And they cherish me in return (sometimes). ;)
Programs: UA Premier Gold/disappointed 1MM, HH Gold, IHG Plat, MB Gold, BW Diam Sel
Originally Posted by mirror74
Wanted to redeem with Macy's. It was available on Friday (but I still needed some more bucks), but not anymore on Saturday. Rather strange.
Not necessarily strange. It may have gone out of stock temporarily. This happens with other rewards, anyhow.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by Athena53
I'd been wondering what they did with all the "Answer these Questions to Find a New Survey" answers since they don't seem to serve any purpose in getting me more surveys for which I qualify. They're certainly collecting enough info about where I shop, what diseases I have or don't have, etc.

Yesterday I was asked to check off what stores I'd shopped at in the last 6 months. I checked off Kroger, among others. There are no Krogers anywhere near me but I was visiting family in SC last month.

Right after that my FB feed showed a Kroger ad. Yep, the information is all for sale.
It's bad enough we have to deal with those pointless prescreeners, but have people been noticing a reduced rate for surveys in the past few months? It used to be you'd regularly see $4.25 for 15 minutes or similar, now all the time I'm seeing $0.75 for 6 min or $2.25 for 10 mins. Sometimes it's $0.25 for 3 minutes, the same as the disqualification compensation! My earnings have ground to a halt.
Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:50 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by Chancellor Todd
It's bad enough we have to deal with those pointless prescreeners, but have people been noticing a reduced rate for surveys in the past few months? It used to be you'd regularly see $4.25 for 15 minutes or similar, now all the time I'm seeing $0.75 for 6 min or $2.25 for 10 mins. Sometimes it's $0.25 for 3 minutes, the same as the disqualification compensation! My earnings have ground to a halt.
Yes, occasionally the rewards are weak, but overall I've been able to generate hundreds of eReward dollars each month. Enough to do 2k monthly in both AS and AA as well as 4400 Hertz GP's each year since those are only redeemable every 90 days.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 1:26 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, VS Red, HH Gold, IHG Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Basic, Alitalia Status Match
Originally Posted by Chancellor Todd
Completely agree. They snuck in a devaluation in points/minute of survey.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 7:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
Yes, occasionally the rewards are weak, but overall I've been able to generate hundreds of eReward dollars each month. Enough to do 2k monthly in both AS and AA as well as 4400 Hertz GP's each year since those are only redeemable every 90 days.
Nice! I'm not generating nearly as much as you, but even so, by putting all of our rewards into BA Avios, my wife and I have now taken 3 domestic US flights completely for free with enough in our accounts to do another 2. And that's before we realized how easily Avios could be used to book AA and other short-haul flights. Before that we were dumping our rewards into either AA or Hilton. Bottom line, we've found E-rewards to be worth the effort overall, despite the frustrations you sometimes encounter.
Old Jan 29, 2020, 4:21 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by bswiz
Nice! I'm not generating nearly as much as you, but even so, by putting all of our rewards into BA Avios, my wife and I have now taken 3 domestic US flights completely for free with enough in our accounts to do another 2. And that's before we realized how easily Avios could be used to book AA and other short-haul flights. Before that we were dumping our rewards into either AA or Hilton. Bottom line, we've found E-rewards to be worth the effort overall, despite the frustrations you sometimes encounter.
It is tempting, as 2000 Avios is only $65 eReward dollars. Only one of our accounts lists BA as a reward partner, but maybe 24,000 Avios per year would be better used. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.