Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

E-miles [Master Thread]

E-miles [Master Thread]

Old Jan 10, 2007, 9:57 pm

I got an email from NW offering 250 miles to join. I wonder if CO will send an email of the same offer. I'd rather join via CO since it's my main FF account.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 10:59 pm

Programs: HH Gold
I think you can just log onto emiles and join without the invitation (I did) and I still got the 250 miles. I also filled out the questionaire and received an extra 120 miles so I have 370 credits thus far. I logged on today to check my account and there was a message stating to check back soon for more opportunities to earn miles.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 1:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA
I joined this emilesprogram back when I first read this thread just before the holidays, did a few of the surveys and have a few hundred points. I also choice Northwest WPerks for my mileage accreditation. Then suddenly today, weeks later, I get this email from Northwest inviting me to join the emiles program!! Does the right hand know what the left hand..etcc??

Does anyone know when points accrued in Dec. 2006 actually accredit to your mileage program of choice? Does anyone know if you can actually ever switch mileage programs you want to use for crediting of the emiles surveys?
Old Jan 11, 2007, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by hal0712
I joined this emilesprogram back when I first read this thread just before the holidays, did a few of the surveys and have a few hundred points. I also choice Northwest WPerks for my mileage accreditation. Then suddenly today, weeks later, I get this email from Northwest inviting me to join the emiles program!! Does the right hand know what the left hand..etcc??

Does anyone know when points accrued in Dec. 2006 actually accredit to your mileage program of choice? Does anyone know if you can actually ever switch mileage programs you want to use for crediting of the emiles surveys?
You need to get 500 miles for them to transfer, and I think they transfer every quarter.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 11:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
OMG! I totallllly forgot about this gig and had already joined at some point before the new year. Cant even remember when now but I have to dig up whatever I had saved on it.

Anyway, I remembered my password and logged in to get this message below where it says I have 295 points so far:

As a Member of e-Miles, you earn Northwest Airlines WorldPerks miles simply for responding to marketing messages tailored to your interests!

You have completed all of your current earning opportunities.

Please check often for new earning opportunities.

I don't like the "Please check often for new earning opportunities" line really.

So um, like WHEN?? And how does one GET to 500+?

I did notice this in a section called Account Information:

Q. Why am I not receiving e-mail from e-Miles? -
If you, or your ISP, use spam filtering software, e-mail from e-Miles may be mistakenly identified as spam and not delivered to your inbox. To ensure that e-Miles e-mail isn't confused with spam, add the following e-mail addresses to your address book and list of Trusted Senders:

[email protected]
[email protected]

~MM

BTW, why isnt this thread in MilesBuzz since it deals with miles on a few airlines? Just curious?

♠♥♣♦
Old Jan 12, 2007, 6:32 am

Programs: DL GM, UA, CO, HH, PP
Originally Posted by Marathon Man
OMG! I totallllly forgot about this gig and had already joined at some point before the new year. Cant even remember when now but I have to dig up whatever I had saved on it.

Anyway, I remembered my password and logged in to get this message below where it says I have 295 points so far:

As a Member of e-Miles, you earn Northwest Airlines WorldPerks miles simply for responding to marketing messages tailored to your interests!

You have completed all of your current earning opportunities.

Please check often for new earning opportunities.

I don't like the "Please check often for new earning opportunities" line really.

So um, like WHEN?? And how does one GET to 500+?

I did notice this in a section called Account Information:

Q. Why am I not receiving e-mail from e-Miles? -
If you, or your ISP, use spam filtering software, e-mail from e-Miles may be mistakenly identified as spam and not delivered to your inbox. To ensure that e-Miles e-mail isn't confused with spam, add the following e-mail addresses to your address book and list of Trusted Senders:

[email protected]
[email protected]

~MM

BTW, why isnt this thread in MilesBuzz since it deals with miles on a few airlines? Just curious?

♠♥♣♦
The site has stated that they will not really be up and running till after the beginning of 2007. That is now, so I assume that we will begin to get earning opportunities soon.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 8:32 am

310 miles for your profile and filling in all of the interest questionnaires. That's not a lot but we'll see what happens after this point in time. I'd guess they're looking for people with "High interest" in things..
Old Jan 12, 2007, 3:24 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
They just sent a mail giving you 10 miles for adding them to your addresa book and safe senders list, that links to a survey with more miles
Old Jan 12, 2007, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by cordelli
They just sent a mail giving you 10 miles for adding them to your addresa book and safe senders list, that links to a survey with more miles
I just got the same email. Let's hope the email survey's start coming
Old Jan 12, 2007, 7:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I've got 305 miles in my account, and the part that has me wondering is when e-miles says,

"Miles will be deposited into your preferred airline's frequent flyer account in increments of 500 miles automatically at the end of each quarter. "

I'm optimistic, but time will tell if this pans out.....
Old Jan 12, 2007, 10:15 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA Plt, MR Lifetime Plat & Amb
No one will be getting the 100 miles until they have at least 500 miles in their e-miles account. The T&Cs say that the miles are transferred quarterly to your airline in groups of 500.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 7:45 pm

Location: ORF & AUS; I have an ex-wife and and an ex-house in both cities.
Programs: AA Gold, DL GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
I got an email today for a survey about pets for 15 miles. Relatively painless and ekes me closer to 500 miles.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 8:37 pm

Programs: NW, AA
Not worth it

Seems like a waste. Take a survey and get 10 or 15 miles? Not worth it, IMHO.

Better option is e-surveys where for 15 or 20 minutes you can earn $5 or $10. You can then use this to buy a $25 e-cert from NWA.

I'd spend my time on the other site.

Jayson
Old Jan 22, 2007, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA PLT/1.9MM
Originally Posted by jayson
Seems like a waste. Take a survey and get 10 or 15 miles? Not worth it, IMHO.

Better option is e-surveys where for 15 or 20 minutes you can earn $5 or $10. You can then use this to buy a $25 e-cert from NWA.

I'd spend my time on the other site.

Jayson
Do you mean e-rewards? If not, I'd appreciate a link to e-surveys.
Old Jan 22, 2007, 9:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL FO - CO Gold
E-miles

Originally Posted by dbmaury
I got an email today for a survey about pets for 15 miles. Relatively painless and ekes me closer to 500 miles.
Ditto, I just did the same survey. Took about three minutes. About five miles per minute. Easy.
Dave

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.