Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Restaurant.com Discounts/Coupons

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2005, 6:56 am

Question Are some days special?

I've been attracted by this thread several times and then go to the site to see what is available. There a a half dozen restaurants there I would like to get gift certificates to but they are almost always sold out.

The question is: Are there specific times of the month when new certificates become available?
Old Jul 2, 2005, 8:34 am

Programs: AA LT Gold, 1.5MM, Marriot
Very Happy!

I've looked at Restaurant.com before and hadn't used it because like wbl-mn-flyer, I didn't think it was a great deal. But at 50% off (thank you, patrickATX!), I got $135 in discounts for about $29, and will be trying a local restaurant I have been wanting to try for quite some time. AND, I'm going to try Lobstergram, for the first time myself, after giving a Lobstergram gift to a friend about 10 years ago! So I'm pretty excited about all of this, definitely.

Thanks for the coupon codes and info! Yay, FT!

GG
Old Jul 3, 2005, 9:22 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by GeoGirl
But at 50% off (thank you, patrickATX!), I got $135 in discounts for about $29, and will be trying a local restaurant I have been wanting to try for quite some time.

Thanks for the coupon codes and info! Yay, FT!

GG

You are very welcome. I am glad that it was helpful to someone.

I am trying a handful of new restaurants around my town this month, too. This is my first time using restaurant.com and I hope it works well.

Chinstrap, my understanding is that selection is best at the beginning of the month. maybe someone more knowledgable might have a better response.
Old Jul 6, 2005, 9:43 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
50% Off Certificates

follow these simple instructions:

Go to www.restaurant.com

Type in the zip code where you want to shop.

Click "Add to Cart" for the certificates you'd like.

Click "Check Out" and enter promotional code 41697 in the field on your shopping cart. Remember to click "Recalculate Total" to apply your savings.

Hurry, this offer ends July 10, 2005.
Old Jul 9, 2005, 3:08 pm

Smile

Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
I have been using Restaurant.com for some time now, ever since reading about it here on flyertalk. I don't think they are a very good deal at full price (compare them with the same sort of dollar value discounts you get a whole book of, from the "happenings"/"entertainment" book people).

However at 1/2 price or 60% or whatever discount, it seems quite nice. $25 off a $35 lunch for 3 guys, paying $3 for the coupon... that's a no brainer. I wish they had more places though. Also I'm not sure how their deal works out for the restaurant owner. I went to a place for the first time - and because of the coupon - and when it came time to redeem, the owner had some bad stuff to say about the coupon (not my problem, but still don't like the idea that the guy feels he was sold something other that what the deal turned out to be).

I assume that the restaurant takes the entire hit for the coupon value, just as with out coupons, and the Restaurant.com web site keeps all the money collected from sales of the coupons. In a sense, it is a better deal than running the same coupon in the newspaper, since the restaurant does not have to pay for the listing - if this is indeed the case. Though the coupons seem more generous than a typical newspaper coupon.

I also noticed that they seem to follow up each coupon redemption with a survey about the food and service. This alone might be worth it to some operators.

I love these things. When planning a vacation, I always look at the area I am going to, plus try and get one for somewhere along the travel route. Just be sure to plan your trip times correctly! I must have saved at least $1000 over the last several years!
Also I always make sure the restaurant knows I have the coupon, because I have ran into places that stopped accepting them. In that case I just say sorry, I'll try somewhere else, and leave. They give your $ back in a flash when you report this back to r.com. I try and not buy them too long before a trip to avoid this problem. Lately some places seem to be selling out often, so I may have to push up my time a bit.

Thanks to all the code listers. Good job!!
Old Jul 9, 2005, 4:52 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Thumbs up colorado - denver/boulder/aurora

looking for restaurant reviews of the following places in the Denver area, all are currently offered at r.com

Dumitri's Family Restaurant (greek)
Address: 1911 South Havana Street
Aurora, CO 80014
Telephone: (303) 752-0553

Yummy Yummy Tasty Thai (need I say more?)
Address: 13000 East Colfax Avenue
Aurora, CO 80010
Telephone: (720) 858-9121

Casa Alvarez (mexican)
Address: 3161 Walnut St
Boulder, CO 80301
Telephone: (303) 546-0630

thanks everyone!
Old Jul 12, 2005, 9:33 am

new code - expires July 17

50% off promotional code : 17098
Old Jul 20, 2005, 9:47 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Save 50% on dining certificates, Mega Certificates, and certificates to online partners

At "Check Out" and enter promotional code 28820.

Click "Recalculate Total" to apply your savings.
Hurry, this promotional offer ends Saturday, July 23, 2005.
Old Jul 20, 2005, 2:50 pm

I was wondering what the ending date was. I didn't post about it because the email I got did not have ANY end date on it.

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2005, 6:46 pm

Programs: LatinPass MM, HH Diamond, NW Platinum, Delta DM MM, SPG
interesting ...
Old Jul 24, 2005, 8:28 pm

Programs: AA gold, UA Premier, HH Gold, *wood gold, PC gold
Here's a code I used today - it's still valid

Print Restaurant Gift Certificates
Take advantage of discounted restaurant gift certificates at restaurant.com. Use our online coupon code 58191 in the promotional code box to save 50% on the cost of gift certificates. For example, the regular price of a $25 gift certificate is $10. With our coupon code, you will only pay $5 for the $25 certificate. Best of all, you do not have to pay for shipping or wait to receive your certificate. Just print it immediately, every time you want to eat out. New restaurants are added all the time, so keep checking back for your favorite restaurants, or try some new ones.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Beware of some Restaurant.com certs. I've purchased a few certs and while most took them, some restaurants actually refused to honor them saying that the "cert. quota" for the day was filled. I was glad to present it first before ordering and upon hearing that b.s. my party walked out the door. I've emailed Restaurant.com 3 times about the incident without getting a reply.
Old Jul 24, 2005, 10:42 pm

Thumbs up

I've had several restaurants that said they no longer take the certificates also. I always show them the certificate, and walk out if they will not honor it. I've used hundreds though, and I am way ahead of the game. They were real good about giving me my money back, or giving me the choice of a different certificate. 1-800-979-8985 is their number.

They just sent me a email about a restaurant no longer accepting these. See below.. They made it even easier!!

Dear XXXXXXXXX,
As you may know, from time to time restaurants within our program move, are sold, or unfortunately go out of business. We apologize for the inconvenience, but our system indicates that you may have unused certificate number XXXXXXXX for Hawaiian Plantation House which is no longer participating in the Restaurant.com program.
If this certificate is still unused, this email allows you to easily exchange it for credit. With this credit, you can to choose from any of the other restaurants in Restaurant.com’s extensive inventory.
To exchange your certificate, click here and enter gift certificate number XXXXXXXX to begin your exchange.
Thank you very much for your business.
Sincerely,
The Restaurant.com Customer Service Department
p.s. Remember, if you have problems with your exchange, we’re here to help. You can reach us by email at [email protected], or by phone by calling 800/979-8985.
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by the_nomad
Print Restaurant Gift Certificates
Take advantage of discounted restaurant gift certificates at restaurant.com. Use our online coupon code 58191 in the promotional code box to save 50% on the cost of gift certificates. For example, the regular price of a $25 gift certificate is $10. With our coupon code, you will only pay $5 for the $25 certificate. Best of all, you do not have to pay for shipping or wait to receive your certificate. Just print it immediately, every time you want to eat out. New restaurants are added all the time, so keep checking back for your favorite restaurants, or try some new ones.

thanks

just tried the code and it worked.. and printed 4 restaurants
Old Jul 27, 2005, 9:09 am

new 60% code = 79343

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.