Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > S.P.A.M.
Reload this Page >

Thanks to those who responded to the ING Direct $25 sign up bonus...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2002, 3:45 pm
Original Poster

Location: Naples, FL/Monaco ... Hilton Gold ... Starwood Gold...Hyatt Plat

Just a word of thanks to those of you who responded to the referral offer ING has until the end of July.

Email me for the link for the $25 sign up bonus if you are interested. Please include your first and last name along with your email address. You must complete the online application to qualify for the bonus. FYI, I get a $10 bonus too, so I dont want to mislead anyone. Once you sign up, you can also earn a bonus for referrals.

Also: ING Direct is FDIC insured, and never charges a fee. Earn 3% interest on your deposits. They also offer no fee mutual funds as well.

------------------
Tom

[This message has been edited by MONACO00 (edited 07-22-2002).]
Old Jul 22, 2002, 5:07 pm
Original Poster

...Thank you James!

------------------
Tom
Old Jul 22, 2002, 10:50 pm
Original Poster

Thank you Nathan!

------------------
Tom
Old Jul 23, 2002, 8:55 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
minor correction, they have droped the interest to 2.75%, but I still love them.
Old Jul 24, 2002, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

You are correct, they must track the overall interest rate market. Think about when they raise rates...plus it surely beats my local bank at less than 1%.

FYI, there is still a few days left to get the $25 bonus. Email me your first and last name along with your email address if you are interested.

Thanks again,

------------------
Tom
Old Jul 24, 2002, 7:27 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
I don't think I've been wiht them for much more then a year or so, it was 6% then, so they do follow the market.

I love the bank anybody who hasn't taken advantage of the offer should, you too will become hooked.
Old Jul 27, 2002, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Just a reminder that the $25 sign up bonus ends the 31st. See the above posts for the info on how to sign up.

------------------
Tom
Old Jul 27, 2002, 1:33 pm

Love it too. I have been with them for a year now and it's my main savings account and yes the Interest Rate did drop dramatically but still it's the best darn Savings Account around!
Old Jul 28, 2002, 12:51 am
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
I also have a couple of referrals left...
Old Jul 29, 2002, 1:49 pm

Location: PHL/KOA - SU '03 M BB NCAA Champs/Phillies '08 WS Champs/Eagles '18 SB Champs
Programs: AA EXP (3MM)/HH Diamond
ING has again extended the $25 offer - it now expires August 31, 2002 (and I'm sure they will keep extending it beyond that date - it's been around for a few years already). Please email me at "[email protected]" is anyone needs a referral.
Old Jul 29, 2002, 3:23 pm

Interest reduced to 2.75%:

....With an Orange Savings Account, you earn a variable 2.75% Annual Percentage Yield (effective 07/21/02)......
http://home.ingdirect.com/products/products.html
Old Aug 2, 2002, 7:25 pm
Original Poster

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
ING has again extended the $25 offer - it now expires August 31, 2002 </font>
Thanks for the update...It seems to be a good marketing ploy. You really can't beat being paid to open a savings account AND earn a return of 2.75% and never a fee.

Bear in mind, the rate is subject to change and follows the prime rate. This should be the lowest return rate we will see for a while. Heaven forbid they raise rates. I have a variable second on the house at 4.75% which follows prime by the moment.

If they do begin to creep up, rest assured, the rate of your return on your savings rises too.

Thanks again to those who signed up here on my topic. I have a few more to those who are interested. Just drop me your first and last name and email address. ING will contact you almost immediately by email to sign up via a special link. The $25 posts as soon as your account is verified... Great deal.

Thanks again,

------------------
Tom

Edited for spelling...

[This message has been edited by MONACO00 (edited 08-02-2002).]
Old Aug 3, 2002, 6:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've been very pleased with my ING savings accounts. I tied it with my bank checking account and can transfer back and forth easily. The ING direct website is very easy to use and gives clear information.

Here's my problem:
I opened a joint ING savings account with my child, and transferred the initial deposit from my checking account (a different one from my regular one). The deposit will register at ING but eventually be reversed, because according to ING, the checking account is "frozen". I talk to my checking account people, they say the account is fine. I've tried a couple of more times with the same result.

Has anyone run into this problem? I would appreciate any suggestions/help.
Old Aug 3, 2002, 6:47 am

I opened an account online and got instandly $50 !
http://home.ingdirect.com/open/open.html
Old Aug 3, 2002, 9:56 am

FYI: For deposits over 25K AMEX M'ship Banking offers a better return at 3.25 %.

I pulled all my non-CD funds (I wish I had locked in more of these at the 3-4 % rates) and moved them over to AMEX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.